Dude - Ubuntu 9.10 is out

BasicGreatGuy

Aut libertas aut mors
Aug 2, 2009
Atlanta
Dude,
Time to make the move to the newest version of Ubuntu. ;) I gave it a test run and didn't have any problems. You can run it from the CD to see how you like it.

"Ubuntu 9.10"? That sounds like a TV show about African High Schoolers.

roots.jpg

readingRainbowLogo247px.jpg

Last edited:
Cool...I'll order up a copy. :)

My old laptop is crashed, so there's nothing to lose.

If you have a cd burner, you can download the ISO in about an hour or so, and burn a cd.

What ISP do you have that took it an hour to download!!?? When I downloaded my 9.04 I think it took about 5 minutes to download and burn.

I have AT & T DSL. At 1:30pm, I was pulling about 104 - 140 kps. Servers may have been busy. I have never been able to download 700 megs in 5 minutes. lol

Edited to add: I just did a speed test. My service is for 3mps on the down and I think 30 - 35 mps on the up.

Download Speed: 2840 kbps (355 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 322 kbps (40.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Last edited:
Aka Karmic Koala. I did a dist upgrade a few weeks ago while it was in late beta. I did a final upgrade off the command line about an hour or so ago. It has worked fine, only glitch for me is Compiz and MPlayer but no biggie. Boots really fast.

Apparently some people who have multiple hard drives won't be able to use it. I only have one and an external hd so no problem for me there - the external hd (ntsf) by the way is picked up immediately by Ubuntu, no need to muck around with it.

Aka Karmic Koala. I did a dist upgrade a few weeks ago while it was in late beta. I did a final upgrade off the command line about an hour or so ago. It has worked fine, only glitch for me is Compiz and MPlayer but no biggie. Boots really fast.

Apparently some people who have multiple hard drives won't be able to use it. I only have one and an external hd so no problem for me there - the external hd (ntsf) by the way is picked up immediately by Ubuntu, no need to muck around with it.

Compiz is eye candy for the kiddies. I don't bother with it. What kind of problem are you having with MPlayer?

Compiz is eye candy for the kiddies. I don't bother with it. What kind of problem are you having with MPlayer?

Starts to play in full screen and then packs up. VLC will play but not in full screen. Having thought about it I suspect my video card isn't up to the job. I think I might just get rid of Compiz anyway, the wobbling screen makes seasick :lol:

Starts to play in full screen and then packs up. VLC will play but not in full screen. Having thought about it I suspect my video card isn't up to the job. I think I might just get rid of Compiz anyway, the wobbling screen makes seasick :lol:

:lol:

Is that an older computer? I had to load a few drivers to play encrypted dvd's. That didn't take but a few minutes. Outside of that, all is running well on the test drive.

With Jaunty I couldn't get Mplayer to work. Downloaded the codecs (with Kittenkoders help) but it still wouldn't work. However it works fine on Kaffeine and Movie Player.

Totem works well ... though it can't read the newest FLVs from Youtube in 8.04 ... but meh, I just download the MP4s anyway.

I have the 9.04 CD ... just haven't bothered upgrading yet, I'm still happy with my 8.04 strangely.

Well shit. I guess I'm going to have to update My old dell now. Its got the V9.0 on it.

Forum List

Back