Dude - Ubuntu 9.10 is out

most of them I will find an add on that can do it

And how would that help? I can do MOST of my work in Open Office?

It doesn't matter. I can run Office in Ubuntu. That was my question. It was answered.

:cool: Just writing off a program because you couldn't figure out what you needed is not a very good reason to not like it. ;) That's all I am saying. Not to mention, if you learn how to program the add ons, you can make it do anything.

Open Office is not user friendly straight out of the box. It's really that simple. I need minimal add-ins to work in Excel, and most of those add-ins are developed in my firm. Why would I waste hours of my time looking for equivalent software for Office? The user interface isn't as easy to use. And as you stated, the end results (graphs, tables, etc.) are not equivalent to what Office produces. Why should I do exert more effort to do my work just because the program is free? In this case, it's a "you get what you pay for" matter.

Open Office is not user friendly straight out of the box. It's really that simple. I need minimal add-ins to work in Excel, and most of those add-ins are developed in my firm. Why would I waste hours of my time looking for equivalent software for Office? The user interface isn't as easy to use. And as you stated, the end results (graphs, tables, etc.) are not equivalent to what Office produces. Why should I do exert more effort to do my work just because the program is free? In this case, it's a "you get what you pay for" matter.

No ... not just because it's free ... that's just a benefit ... it compatibility is what makes it great. ;)

Forum List

Back