Dubs vs Cavs thread

The conference finals will be lucky to have either Boston or San Antonio win just one game.
The Spurs were up over 20 at the half game 1. I thought Durant was cursed. I want Durant to get a ring. Next year Boston if they get a magic Johnson type pick.

As long as Cleveland and Golden St remain with their line ups, it will be several years before anyone will take those two teams down.
I don't know. One or two moves next thing you know someone else is contending
It would take something unexpected like another super team.

What a great year it was in 2004. The Laker Dynasty won like 3 in a row I believe and it looked like they would easily win a 4th playing the Piston's but then together Chauncey, Rip Hamilton, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince were a better team than Derrick Fisher, Gary Payton, Kobe, Horace Grant, Karl Malone, Rick Fox, Shaq.

How did we win? Because either Shaq or Kobe were little bitches jealous of the other one. I like to think it was Kobe who was the problem. But then give Kobe credit because he won 2 without Shaq. And give Shaq credit he won one without Kobe. Shows you how ego can screw up a good team. How can a team with Gary Payton, Malone, Kobe & Shaq lose? That's what I thought that year when Payton and Malone went to LA to get a ring. Pathetic. So glad they didn't get one that way. I bet they thought for sure they were going to get a ring. Sort of like Kevin Durant probably feels pretty confident he's going to win it all this year.
I knew they wouldnt win and was happy the Lakers didnt win that year. I hated Karl Malone and Kobe.

Omg not one of you thought the Spurs have a chance.

The conference finals will be lucky to have either Boston or San Antonio win just one game.
The Spurs were up over 20 at the half game 1. I thought Durant was cursed. I want Durant to get a ring. Next year Boston if they get a magic Johnson type pick.

As long as Cleveland and Golden St remain with their line ups, it will be several years before anyone will take those two teams down.

Who moves that would make another super team? Since August we have been saying GS and Cavs in the finals, just like last year and the year before. I'm not really interested in the NBA this year, to predictable, college was much better this year.
Gordon Hayward and Paul George or Butler to Boston would be something.

Who moves that would make another super team? Since August we have been saying GS and Cavs in the finals, just like last year and the year before. I'm not really interested in the NBA this year, to predictable, college was much better this year.

Paul George will be going to the Lakers next year, so for long term the Celtics won't have him. Gordon Hayward wasn't even a third team All NBA player, Butler can't keep the Bulls a float, doubt he would be the missing piece of the Celtics team.

I can't see Boston with any or all three players getting by James, Love and Irving.

Paul George will be going to the Lakers next year, so for long term the Celtics won't have him. Gordon Hayward wasn't even a third team All NBA player, Butler can't keep the Bulls a float, doubt he would be the missing piece of the Celtics team.

I can't see Boston with any or all three players getting by James, Love and Irving.
Any and all three of the players would give the Cavs a run for their money. Hayward and PG didnt make All NBA so thats not really saying much. There are a couple of franchise level players that didnt make it. Butler can only do so much with the talent he has around him much like PG.

Any and all three of the players would give the Cavs a run for their money. Hayward and PG didnt make All NBA so thats not really saying much. There are a couple of franchise level players that didnt make it. Butler can only do so much with the talent he has around him much like PG.

True. Look at how many teams Chauncey Billups didn't work out with before he found a good fit in Detroit. Amazing that guy wasn't a star on all those other teams he played for. He only became Mr. Big Shot once he got to Detroit.

I frankly could not care less.

Seriously, what is the point in watching? We all know it would be Warriors/Cavs for the third year in a row when Durant signed to go ring chasing with Golden State. Both teams are undefeated. The NBA is my least favorite of the big four sports organizations. It's a lack of parity with one super team vs. another. That's why I usually don't watch that much. What's the point? We saw this matchup coming since last Summer. That's not how it should be.

Meanwhile, in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, you have a team looking to repeat as Stanley Cup Champions for the first time in nearly 20 years and the other three teams were not in the Conference finals in 2016. Two teams are both chasing their first Cup in franchise history and one team is currently leading 3-2 with a chance to clinch their first ever Stanley Cup Finals berth tomorrow while the other series is tied 2-2 heading into tonight.

Then you have MLB, my personal favorite. You have three or four very close division races and some surprise teams to boot. The A.L. Central, A.L. East, N.L. Central and N.L. West are all pretty tight right now, and the Twins and Rockies, especially the former, are two big surprises.

In the NBA it's one super team vs. another. In leagues like MLB and the NHL, sure, you have your favorites, contenders and teams with better championship odds, but it's far more unpredictable and the surprise teams are good for the game and create an exciting playoffs. I'll be watching that instead of Warriors/Cavs.

Seriously, what is the point in watching? We all know it would be Warriors/Cavs for the third year in a row when Durant signed to go ring chasing with Golden State. Both teams are undefeated. The NBA is my least favorite of the big four sports organizations. It's a lack of parity with one super team vs. another. That's why I usually don't watch that much. What's the point? We saw this matchup coming since last Summer. That's not how it should be.

Meanwhile, in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, you have a team looking to repeat as Stanley Cup Champions for the first time in nearly 20 years and the other three teams were not in the Conference finals in 2016. Two teams are both chasing their first Cup in franchise history and one team is currently leading 3-2 with a chance to clinch their first ever Stanley Cup Finals berth tomorrow while the other series is tied 2-2 heading into tonight.

Then you have MLB, my personal favorite. You have three or four very close division races and some surprise teams to boot. The A.L. Central, A.L. East, N.L. Central and N.L. West are all pretty tight right now, and the Twins and Rockies, especially the former, are two big surprises.

In the NBA it's one super team vs. another. In leagues like MLB and the NHL, sure, you have your favorites, contenders and teams with better championship odds, but it's far more unpredictable and the surprise teams are good for the game and create an exciting playoffs. I'll be watching that instead of Warriors/Cavs.
My favorite is football, NBA, MLB then NHL. NHL is unwatchable.

I'm still interested in what happens but I agree there needs to be more better teams

Who's better in their prime gasol or love? Who would you pick? Pau. The one that won with Kobe two times.

The only reason I watch the NHL is to see Carrie Underwood.

You will be watching the NBA finals tomorrow. You know many of the players names. I can name two NHL players in the Stanley cup finals. Cindy Crosby and Mr Underwood.

I'm excited. The playoffs sucked but the finals won't.

A week to wait for the finals? I am so disinterested in the finals this year. The idea that the Warriors are the best of all time? I'll take the Bird, McHale, Parrish trio or the Magic, Jabber, Worthy combo any day.

Who's better in their prime gasol or love? Who would you pick? Pau. The one that won with Kobe two times.

Gasol by far, Love is a big disappointment so far.

Last edited:
A week to wait for the finals? I am so disinterested in the finals this year. The idea that the Warriors are the best of all time? I'll take the Bird, McHale, Parrish trio or the Magic, Jabber, Worthy combo any day.
They don't start tomorrow?

So you think the warriors are going to win? Who says they are the best of all time? The Spurs are a better dynasty still. From David Robinson to Leonard how many championships do they have? Even Kobe Shaq had 3. Kobe 5 in LA.

They would have won last year if green didn't get suspended.

I'll be happy for Durant.

First game is tomorrow (Thur 6/1/2017).

Replay of last year.

GS should be up for it this time around.

Cav's probably not as much.

I plan to watch most of the games are our sports pub down the street.

First game is tomorrow (Thur 6/1/2017).

Replay of last year.

GS should be up for it this time around.

Cav's probably not as much.

I plan to watch most of the games are our sports pub down the street.
Green better not get suspended.

So you think the warriors are going to win? Who says they are the best of all time? The Spurs are a better dynasty still. From David Robinson to Leonard how many championships do they have? Even Kobe Shaq had 3. Kobe 5 in LA.

I don't care who wins, I probably not watch much if any. I was pumped at the end of the regular season but the snooze fest of the last month and a half of basketball has dampened my enthusiasm for the finals. This is a busy time of year for me, more work, more traveling, more outdoor stuff to do, the NBA will take a backseat this year.

I don't care who wins, I probably not watch much if any. I was pumped at the end of the regular season but the snooze fest of the last month and a half of basketball has dampened my enthusiasm for the finals. This is a busy time of year for me, more work, more traveling, more outdoor stuff to do, the NBA will take a backseat this year.

Not having cable tv I don't get to see any NBA except for occasionally on a Sunday ABC plays games. So this is all I get to watch anymore. I'm really excited and you know this is going to be a good series.

But Lebron's already making excuses. Someone sprayed NI*#r on his gated fence and he said, "this just points out to me how basketball isn't the most important thing in my life". Not a good mindset for winning a championship. Just ask Isaiah Thomas (the bad boy), Magic, Bird and Jordan. You have to be ruthless. So the DUBS fans who spray painted his house succeeded and got in his head. Very hard to win back to back. And Durant is hungry. Cleveland/Lebron have coasted all year. Can they turn it on? I think they can. We will see which Lebron shows up.

Forum List

Back