Michigan Vs Ohio State 2023 thread

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
Welp both teams are undefeated and about to collide.

1. I think OSU looks like they have momentum at the right time.
2. I think since Michigan hasn’t had Harbaugh on the sidelines the play calling has been safe, predictable, and not very effective. McCarthy has like 21 pass attempts over the past 2 games, and they have a stud WR and stud TE that can both make big plays.

3 weeks ago I would have been far more confident than I am now. However, I’m glad Michigan has had a few closer games the past few weeks, as before that they were just pounding below average teams by 25-30 pts. Their schedule was back loaded with the tougher opponents, while Ohio State has had some easier tune-ups.

The game is in Ann Arbor, I think this year that’s huge. I think its nearly a toss-up as things stand now. If they played 5 weeks ago I’d have expected Michigan to win by 10 points at least

Ohio has real defense.

They also have the knowledge they outplayed and “beat SEC GA” in last years title game, if the FG kick goes thru. Stroud played great in that game.

Ohio is actually the defending NATL champs. At this time I expect them to beat MI fairly easily?

Ohio has real defense.
Both teams are pretty stacked on Defense
They also have the knowledge they outplayed and “beat SEC GA” in last years title game, if the FG kick goes thru. Stroud played great in that game.
Both Michigan and OSU had good showings in last years playoffs, but both lost
Ohio is actually the defending NATL champs.
Huh?
At this time I expect them to beat MI fairly easily?
I would be surprised if it was done easily

I ask anyone who wants to talk about the game to not feed the trolls

Ohio has real defense.

Ohio is actually the defending NATL champs. At this time I expect them to beat MI fairly easily?
1700408022554.png

1700408142384.png

2. I think since Michigan hasn’t had Harbaugh on the sidelines the play calling has been safe, predictable, and not very effective. McCarthy has like 21 pass attempts over the past 2 games, and they have a stud WR and stud TE that can both make big plays.

3 weeks ago I would have been far more confident than I am now. However, I’m glad Michigan has had a few closer games the past few weeks, as before that they were just pounding below average teams by 25-30 pts. Their schedule was back loaded with the tougher opponents, while Ohio State has had some easier tune-ups.

The game is in Ann Arbor, I think this year that’s huge. I think its nearly a toss-up as things stand now. If they played 5 weeks ago I’d have expected Michigan to win by 10 points at least
One team makes the college playoff and the other probably will not

Its a big game for both programs

It all comes down to OSU being able to stop the run.

The last two years no.

This year?

Who knows.

Oh, and can OSU survive McCord throwing interceptions/fumbles, which he will have at least one if not more.

Who knows.

OSU always starts off slow. The only question is, can they come back and survive the fact that McCord is a little better than average QB with a suspect line on both sides of the ball in the last 2 games the teams have played.

It all comes down to OSU being able to stop the run.

The last two years no.

This year?

Who knows.
Michigan owned the trenches in both of those games. If you watched them it was close games going into halftime and then in the second half it was complete domination. Michigan could have told OSU the exact plays at the line and still not have been able to stop it.
Oh, and can OSU survive McCord throwing interceptions/fumbles, which he will have at least one if not more.

Who knows.
McCord made a few huge throws against Notre Dame.
OSU always starts off slow. The only question is, can they come back and survive the fact that McCord is a little better than average QB with a suspect line on both sides of the ball in the last 2 games the teams have played.
They are a second half team historically.

Michigan owned the trenches in both of those games. If you watched them it was close games going into halftime and then in the second half it was complete domination. Michigan could have told OSU the exact plays at the line and still not have been able to stop it.

McCord made a few huge throws against Notre Dame.

They are a second half team historically.
It's all about the trick plays

:auiqs.jpg:

One team makes the college playoff and the other probably will not
Historically this is one of the most ridiculous parts of the season, where OSU loses but somehow still gets into the playoffs because of sheer, obvious program bias. It happened multiple times in the 2010’s, happened last year.

Ohio State is the privileged, snobbish, gaited community program of NCAA football.

Historically this is one of the most ridiculous parts of the season, where OSU loses but somehow still gets into the playoffs because of sheer, obvious program bias. It happened multiple times in the 2010’s, happened last year.

Ohio State is the privileged, snobbish, gaited community program of NCAA football.
1700410043721.png

Forum List

Back