Dubs vs Cavs thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Treeshepherd, May 8, 2017.

1. Asclepias

Asclepias Work Hard Play Hard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,157
    I knew they wouldnt win and was happy the Lakers didnt win that year. I hated Karl Malone and Kobe.

2. Asclepias

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,157
    Gordon Hayward and Paul George or Butler to Boston would be something.

3. Papageorgio

Papageorgio The Ultimate Winner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,639
    Paul George will be going to the Lakers next year, so for long term the Celtics won't have him. Gordon Hayward wasn't even a third team All NBA player, Butler can't keep the Bulls a float, doubt he would be the missing piece of the Celtics team.

I can't see Boston with any or all three players getting by James, Love and Irving.

4. Asclepias

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,157
    Any and all three of the players would give the Cavs a run for their money. Hayward and PG didnt make All NBA so thats not really saying much. There are a couple of franchise level players that didnt make it. Butler can only do so much with the talent he has around him much like PG.

5. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,861
    True. Look at how many teams Chauncey Billups didn't work out with before he found a good fit in Detroit. Amazing that guy wasn't a star on all those other teams he played for. He only became Mr. Big Shot once he got to Detroit.

6. Theowl32

Theowl32 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,115
    Lol!!

72 to 31 at the half?

Holy shit

OMG

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. IResist

IResist Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +425
    I frankly could not care less.

Seriously, what is the point in watching? We all know it would be Warriors/Cavs for the third year in a row when Durant signed to go ring chasing with Golden State. Both teams are undefeated. The NBA is my least favorite of the big four sports organizations. It's a lack of parity with one super team vs. another. That's why I usually don't watch that much. What's the point? We saw this matchup coming since last Summer. That's not how it should be.

Meanwhile, in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, you have a team looking to repeat as Stanley Cup Champions for the first time in nearly 20 years and the other three teams were not in the Conference finals in 2016. Two teams are both chasing their first Cup in franchise history and one team is currently leading 3-2 with a chance to clinch their first ever Stanley Cup Finals berth tomorrow while the other series is tied 2-2 heading into tonight.

Then you have MLB, my personal favorite. You have three or four very close division races and some surprise teams to boot. The A.L. Central, A.L. East, N.L. Central and N.L. West are all pretty tight right now, and the Twins and Rockies, especially the former, are two big surprises.

In the NBA it's one super team vs. another. In leagues like MLB and the NHL, sure, you have your favorites, contenders and teams with better championship odds, but it's far more unpredictable and the surprise teams are good for the game and create an exciting playoffs. I'll be watching that instead of Warriors/Cavs.

8. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,861
    My favorite is football, NBA, MLB then NHL. NHL is unwatchable.

I'm still interested in what happens but I agree there needs to be more better teams