Dubs vs Cavs thread

I'm sweating like a mofo watching the warriors miss all these fucking layups bruh

I'm sweating like a mofo watching the warriors miss all these fucking layups bruh
I am glad to see Kevin Durant shining on this grand stage. I wanted him to win a ring in OKC so bad and I'm not mad at him for leaving to go to Golden State. Not when Lebron and Shaq both left their original homes to win.

And it's not like Durant is just another player on that team. He's the dominating factor. He's showing how good he is up against Lebron. Granted his team is better than Lebron's team but maybe the only reason it's better is because Durant is on the team. Do we take 2 of Lebron's rings away because he needed Dwayne Wade's help?

And then I remember Durant lost to Lebron in the finals. I bet Durant wants that ring so badly. Anyways, I have been the biggest Durant cheerleader for a long time. I predicted he would win championships but I thought it would be in OKC. I didn't expect this.

Anyways, 1 team in the east and 1 in the west needs to up their game next year to challenge these two teams. This reminds me of when it was the Lakers and Celtics all the time. Eventually the Piston's took over and then the Bulls. But then it was the Bulls and Utah every year. Poor Malone and Stockton. LOL

I am glad to see Kevin Durant shining on this grand stage. I wanted him to win a ring in OKC so bad and I'm not mad at him for leaving to go to Golden State. Not when Lebron and Shaq both left their original homes to win.

And it's not like Durant is just another player on that team. He's the dominating factor. He's showing how good he is up against Lebron. Granted his team is better than Lebron's team but maybe the only reason it's better is because Durant is on the team. Do we take 2 of Lebron's rings away because he needed Dwayne Wade's help?

And then I remember Durant lost to Lebron in the finals. I bet Durant wants that ring so badly. Anyways, I have been the biggest Durant cheerleader for a long time. I predicted he would win championships but I thought it would be in OKC. I didn't expect this.

Anyways, 1 team in the east and 1 in the west needs to up their game next year to challenge these two teams. This reminds me of when it was the Lakers and Celtics all the time. Eventually the Piston's took over and then the Bulls. But then it was the Bulls and Utah every year. Poor Malone and Stockton. LOL

Utah only went to the finals twice.

It seemed like 3 times in a row.

I forgot they beat Seattle Supersonics. Who was good on this team? I remember Ervin Johnson, not to be confused with Earvin "Magic" Johnson. Shawn Kemp was good, Gary Payton, Sam Perkins, Detlef Schrempf was good. But certainly they weren't going to beat the Bulls. Did they get swept? Nope. It went 6 games.

Askew, Vincent 6 ft 6 in
PF 34 Brickowski, Frank
SF 1 Ford, Sherell
SG 33 Hawkins, Hersey
C 50 Johnson, Ervin
PF 40 Kemp, Shawn
SG 10 McMillan, Nate
PG 20 Payton, Gary
PF 14 Perkins, Sam
C 55 Scheffler, Steve
SF 11 Schrempf, Detlef
PG 3 Snow, Eric
SF 25 Wingate, David

We've seen great series in the past where one team blows the other team out but then they return the favor. Even if Golden state wins tonight it's not over unless they win one of two in Cleveland too. I'm curious to see how Cleveland responds.

Could Golden state go undefeated? Has anyone ever done that?

I hope Durant is the MVP.

Years ago before Miami beat Durant in the finals I thought LeBron and Durant would be battling for years but I never dreamed it would be like this.

Will Durant finish with more rings than LeBron? He's on the better team

Durant has no rings, so I doubt he'll best James. The best record in the playoffs were the 91 Lakers, they went 15-1. Last year Golden St. trailed 3-1 to OKC and won 4-3, the Warriors then led Cleveland 3-1 and lost 4-3.

As the Washington Bullets coach said, Dick Mott's said, "The opera ain't over till the fat lady sings."

On Memorial Day 1985 the Celtics beat the Lakers 148-114, and lost the series 4-2.

In 1977 the Portland Trailblazers trailed the Philadelphia 76ers 2-0 and won the series 4-2.

We have six games to go and anything can happen.

Durant has no rings, so I doubt he'll best James. The best record in the playoffs were the 91 Lakers, they went 15-1. Last year Golden St. trailed 3-1 to OKC and won 4-3, the Warriors then led Cleveland 3-1 and lost 4-3.

As the Washington Bullets coach said, Dick Mott's said, "The opera ain't over till the fat lady sings."

On Memorial Day 1985 the Celtics beat the Lakers 148-114, and lost the series 4-2.

In 1977 the Portland Trailblazers trailed the Philadelphia 76ers 2-0 and won the series 4-2.

Durant is playing like a beast. 3 blocks in a row.

If Durant wins this year and next he will have 2 and LeBron 3. I can see this warrior team 3 peating.

Kevin Durant I hope wins finals mvp. He deserves it. Curry is great.

I think Durant has 5 blocks in game 2 in 3rd quarter. Not just offensive.

Then they have green. And Klay Thompson, igguidll, livingston

I'm sorry but the warriors shouldn't apologize for putting together this team.

I think Durant has 7 blocks and he's a scoring machine. I knew back then he was in a lot of ways every bit as good as LeBron. Or close. He's great. Sorry Klay Thompson you're now 3rd fiddle.

They just said Durant and curry could win multiple championships.

Then one guy said without Durant Cleveland's a better team. I wonder.

That's twice tonight that Mark Jackson has said "with a full steam of...head." You'll get it eventually, Mark.

A week to wait for the finals? I am so disinterested in the finals this year. The idea that the Warriors are the best of all time? I'll take the Bird, McHale, Parrish trio or the Magic, Jabber, Worthy combo any day.
So you think the warriors are going to win? Who says they are the best of all time? The Spurs are a better dynasty still. From David Robinson to Leonard how many championships do they have? Even Kobe Shaq had 3. Kobe 5 in LA.

They would have won last year if green didn't get suspended.

I'll be happy for Durant.

Durant is the best player I have ever seen. I said so at OKC time. Can play any spot on the floor. 7 foot? Huge wingspan. Can run, dribble, 3ball, Def...

If you were going to build a player? Could you get a better package? LeBron? Maybe? Too short?

A week to wait for the finals? I am so disinterested in the finals this year. The idea that the Warriors are the best of all time? I'll take the Bird, McHale, Parrish trio or the Magic, Jabber, Worthy combo any day.
So you think the warriors are going to win? Who says they are the best of all time? The Spurs are a better dynasty still. From David Robinson to Leonard how many championships do they have? Even Kobe Shaq had 3. Kobe 5 in LA.

Durant is the best player I have ever seen. I said so at OKC time. Can play any spot on the floor. 7 foot? Huge wingspan. Can run, dribble, 3ball, Def...

If you were going to build a player? Could you get a better package? LeBron? Maybe? Too short?
I agree. I thought him and LeBron would be battling for years 5 years ago when they met in the finals then harden left okc and suddenly the Spurs and Golden state were better teams. Not Durant's fault.

Without Durant the series would be 2 to 1. Because of Durant Golden state is 3 and 0.

The pace of Wednesday's game will effect the game tonight. The Cavs played their best game by far Wednesday and couldn't win. Durant wants the ring more than anyone on that court and it shows. The last two games the Warriors have been sloppy and still win.

How much fuel does Lebron have left in the tank? The last two games he is looking like he is out of gas at the end. The man can only carry a team so far and the Warriors have all the weapons. Klay came out of his shooting slump, Durant is possessed, Curry had an off game and still scored 26.

When JR hit that three, and acted like he was the man of the year, that was the end of the Cavs, the Cavs thought the game was over.

After the game, none of the Warriors acted like they had won, it was all business.

This was supposed to be the greatest finals of all time and so far, Golden St. has made it look like 5 on 1 with James trying to do it all.

Changes are coming for the Cavs, they know they will win the east but will never beat a deep Warriors team.

The pace of Wednesday's game will effect the game tonight. The Cavs played their best game by far Wednesday and couldn't win. Durant wants the ring more than anyone on that court and it shows. The last two games the Warriors have been sloppy and still win.

How much fuel does Lebron have left in the tank? The last two games he is looking like he is out of gas at the end. The man can only carry a team so far and the Warriors have all the weapons. Klay came out of his shooting slump, Durant is possessed, Curry had an off game and still scored 26.

When JR hit that three, and acted like he was the man of the year, that was the end of the Cavs, the Cavs thought the game was over.

After the game, none of the Warriors acted like they had won, it was all business.

This was supposed to be the greatest finals of all time and so far, Golden St. has made it look like 5 on 1 with James trying to do it all.

Changes are coming for the Cavs, they know they will win the east but will never beat a deep Warriors team.

One more player and the Cavs could win. Put Green on that team and the Cavs win.

Jordan never got swept in a finals. Lebron has been to the finals more than anyone and I still admit there is an argument for Lebron being the GOAT but this year does not bode well for his legacy. He has a team. Sorry their team isn't better than Golden States team. Sorry Durant is blocking your shots.

Even my dad is saying what I thought years ago. Durant is a very close second behind Lebron as far as being a great player. Yes I know Lebron is the Greatest of this time but Durant sure is a great player. 7 foot and can shoot like he does? That's pretty unstoppable too.

No answer for Livingston. If even the second string is causing you match up problems, you got problems.

I love to see Lebron get swept. As a Jordan fan.

This reminds me of a rematch between two fighters. One wasn't ready the last time and the other got lucky. And the better fighter is out for revenge. Focused. Like you said, all business. Lebron got lucky. He should still only have 2 rings. LOL.

Anyways, I'm glad for Durant. He got beat by the Heat 5 years ago and this is payback. He hadn't gotten back to the playoffs since this defeat and you never know when you will get back so I don't blame him for joining the Warriors. At least he's the best player on the team. It's not like he's Alanzo Mourning who had to ride Shaq and Kobe's coat tails to get a ring. In fact without him they would have lost the last game. He has proven to be worth it.

My question is how does the Warriors afford such a team? Doesn't Green and Klay want to make a lot of money somewhere else?

I've been saying that for over 5 years because I was praising him before he went to the finals against the heat. I thought it would be heat vs ok for years suddenly the Spurs and Golden state are winning rings.

Last year must have killed Durant. They blew a big lead against the warriors. He probably didn't want to wait 5 more years to get back to the finals. I don't blame him for going. Not one bit. Part of me wonders if the warriors would beat Cleveland without Durant. He's very hungry. I hope he's the finals mvp.

If Cleveland wins tonight it's going 7.

I'm so enjoying every play. Cleveland looks like it's about to fold.

Add one good player to Cleveland and they might win next year.

I figure if I get cocky Cleveland will fight back. I'd love to see a game 6 in Cleveland.

Forum List

Back