Don'tchya Just Love Summer?

I have the nicest neighbor. He send me over a big bag of fresh blueberries... I ate them with some grapes and some cheese... good good good.

Well it's 100 degrees and humid here today so most people are looking for the coolest place they can find to be. I do love blueberries though.

I have the nicest neighbor. He send me over a big bag of fresh blueberries... I ate them with some grapes and some cheese... good good good.

Yum! You should make a blueberry pie!

This year I have my first garden, tomatoes, cukes, green peppers, jalapenos, some other hot peppers, onions and carrots.

I can't wait to eat them, we have a few green peppers ready to pick, and one tomato.

Maybe next year we will try to grow some fruit too!

This year I have my first garden, tomatoes, cukes, green peppers, jalapenos, some other hot peppers, onions and carrots.

I can't wait to eat them, we have a few green peppers ready to pick, and one tomato.

Love green peppers and tomatoes too. I have lettuce and tomato in some form everyday in the summer.

My blackberries are starting to get ripe. I've been going out and picking the few that are ripe now. Tomatoes are still green but some cherry tomatoes have ripened. Bean, beans, beans too many of them and the sweet corn has finally come to age.

Summertime is a time to reap the fruits of a gardens labor.
It is also HOT!!! Heat index of almost 110 today and for the rest of the week. Hard to do much outside and have to plan on doing it in the morning.
If I had a pool it would be a good place to hang out.

this is the first year I haven't had a huge garden. too much going on. I'm usually drowning in corn, cukes, summer squash, beans, tomatos and peppers about now. All I have are some tomatos and peppers, and basil is doing great this year. Oh yea, i have red and green onions too

No pie EZ,, I'm trying to eat healthy.. You will so enjoy the garden and save money too, My husband grew enough tomatoes to feed several of the neighbors and I had friends stopping by all the time for tomatoes and we have red and green peppers chopped and in the freezer, come in handy this winter for soups and chili and stew,, and the cucumbers are divine.

Planted a nice garden this year, but with the heat and no rain, no one's garden is doing well around here. Right now, I hate summer! :mad: Heat index is around 110 here. It's hotter than three hells! Feels like we're 2 miles from the sun!

Late July and August are abysmal in Southern Indiana.
Temps average over 90 degrees with 60-80% humidity daily.
Today the heat index is 112 degrees.

Here the best weather is May, June...and September, early October.

I love the heat. but I guess not if i had to work in it. *thinks about the 7 chords of wood I'll start splitting next week* But for hanging by the pool or at the beach, you can't beat it.

Planted a nice garden this year, but with the heat and no rain, no one's garden is doing well around here. Right now, I hate summer! :mad: Heat index is around 110 here. It's hotter than three hells! Feels like we're 2 miles from the sun!

You'll be singing a different tune come January with the ice and the snow and the coats and the hats and the gloves and the heating bills.

Besides, we're tropical animals; we were designed to live in the heat.

Forum List

Back