Zone1 Does Cheating On A Spouse Justify Murder?

Do You Think That It Should Be Legal To Kill A Cheating Spouse?

• Total voters
Multiple times, front to back. That is how I know about the penalty for adultery in the OT
But gawd went through rehab after he impregnated a human. Remember? He was no longer a jealous, genocidal maniac, that wanted to kill everything that walked.
:lol:

a "penalty for adultery" (stoning) in no way implies endorsement of the death penalty for a cheating spouse,

You are aware that a cheating spouse is the very definition of adultery...right?

• Article 1220
    • Article 1220 of the Texas Penal Code provides: Homicide is justifiable when committed by the husband upon one taken in the act of adultery with the wife, provided the killing takes place before the parties to the act have separated.
    scholar.smu.edu › cgi › viewcontent
    SMU Law Review\

If one is going to seek revenge (and I do not advocate such an action), should one go after the cheating spouse or the person she or he is cheating with or both?

Apparently not.

The basis for punishment of stoning specifically for adultery is clearly provided in Leviticus (20:10-12) which reads: "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, even with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and adulteress must be put to death...." Further, in Deuteronomy (22:22-24), it is stated ...
https://www.proquest.com › docvi...
Stoning for Adultery in Christianity and Islam - ProQuest

No, it's just that I don't know what you're talking about.

The basis for punishment of stoning specifically for adultery is clearly provided in Leviticus (20:10-12) which reads: "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, even with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and adulteress must be put to death...." Further, in Deuteronomy (22:22-24), it is stated ...

https://www.proquest.com › docvi...
Stoning for Adultery in Christianity and Islam - ProQuest

Even though it should be a no-brainer that it isn't, the reason that I'm asking the question is I do believe that it was justified in the Bible. It's still wrong to cheat on your spouse but not as wrong as killing them to me.

How were they married? What an odd couple!

Forum List

Back