Zone1 The Right to Rescue

They are to a point but not to the point where we are. Like they can be happy, sad, or angry, but their awareness that they're about to die (like in the slaughterhouse) or zoo animals (hope with big enclosures) being aware that they're captive isn't possible. They don't have the same kind of intelligence we do when it comes to things like that.

RR, you've said this before about animals not knowing they're going to die and it's just not true.

Animals are much more perceptive than you give them credit for. Often when they are in the slaughter line, before it's their "turn", they can SEE what's going on, they can smell the blood, in some cases they can hear the screams, they KNOW something very, very bad is going to happen.

It doesn't take advanced intelligence to sense danger. They are clearly terrified.

Please watch this video. This lady is a doctor...and she visited a slaughterhouse and in this clip she shares her experience...

RR, you've said this before about animals not knowing they're going to die and it's just not true.

Animals are much more perceptive than you give them credit for. Often when they are in the slaughter line, before it's their "turn", they can SEE what's going on, they can smell the blood, in some cases they can hear the screams, they KNOW something very, very bad is going to happen.

It doesn't take advanced intelligence to sense danger. They are clearly terrified.

Please watch this video. This lady is a doctor...and she visited a slaughterhouse and in this clip she shares her experience...

Okay so maybe that they know that something bad is going to happen but they don't know that they're going to die and they only start making incisions after the animal is dead so that's when I stopped watching. Unless it's a really cruel slaughterhouse. I just never heard of that before if it's true. The most humane way is stunning.

Okay so maybe that they know that something bad is going to happen but they don't know that they're going to die and they only start making incisions after the animal is dead so that's when I stopped watching. Unless it's a really cruel slaughterhouse. I just never heard of that before if it's true. The most humane way is stunning.

All slaughterhouses are cruel! Don't be naive. When the goal is making money, do you really think that they care about making it a harmless lovely, perfect experience for the animal? It's a slaughterhouse, not a spa!

There's tons of video evidence of what I'm talking about, and I've also heard from tons of people including former slaughterhouse workers what goes on. The animal is NOT always knocked out completely before being slaughtered... you are believing the fantasy version that you're sold by the companies who want to make money and continue the status quo. That's why they put a beautiful, quaint Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm image on the packaging, which is a lie intended to make people feel better about eating the animals.

You really should watch that whole video. The beginning part is about her describing what she saw in the slaughter house, but the really interesting part comes later in the video, when she describes an experience she had with a particular cow, that she was able to pet and make a connection with.

But anyway, I've got some stuff I gotta do, and TBH sometimes it gets tiring going over this same stuff over and over with people. (Not the rescue stuff, that is a topic we haven't talked about before, but the stuff we were just talking about, RR) But I'll check the thread later.

But anyway, I've got some stuff I gotta do, and TBH sometimes it gets tiring going over this same stuff over and over with people. (Not the rescue stuff, that is a topic we haven't talked about before, but the stuff we were just talking about, RR) But I'll check the thread later.

With all due respect I wasn't the one who brought it up... And why would I want to watch a vegan video when I'm not a vegan and I could care less about somebody making a connection with a cow? No offense or anything.

With all due respect I wasn't the one who brought it up... And why would I want to watch a vegan video when I'm not a vegan and I could care less about somebody making a connection with a cow? No offense or anything.

The reason I posted that video was to respond to your claim that animals are not aware they're about to be killed or held captive. In post #176.

And it's not really a "vegan" video, it was just a clip of that doctor describing her experience visiting a slaughterhouse. Again, the point was to show you that what you were saying is simply false.

But again, I don't really want to argue about that, and it seems you don't either, so....

The reason I posted that video was to respond to your claim that animals are not aware they're about to be killed or held captive. In post #176.

And it's not really a "vegan" video, it was just a clip of that doctor describing her experience visiting a slaughterhouse. Again, the point was to show you that what you were saying is simply false.

But again, I don't really want to argue about that, and it seems you don't either, so....

Of course I don't want to argue. I just wanted to contribute to the situation that although an animal might be aware that something bad is going to happen to them, or rather feel not quite right, they don't have the same kind of awareness we do and they can't possibly know that they're about to be slaughtered. They don't have that exact awareness.

Of course I don't want to argue. I just wanted to contribute to the situation that although an animal might be aware that something bad is going to happen to them, or rather feel not quite right, they don't have the same kind of awareness we do and they can't possibly know that they're about to be slaughtered. They don't have that exact awareness.

They don't have to have the exact same intelligence that we have in order to sense that danger is coming. They know. They are visibly terrified. There is no denying that.

That's why they escape from trucks heading to slaughter, that's why they try to escape from slaughterhouses, that's why they desperately fight for their life and plead for mercy with their eyes til the very end before having their throats slit.

Animals are much, much, much more perceptive than you give them credit for.

Just watch this.... it's a short video:

They don't have to have the exact same intelligence that we have in order to sense that danger is coming. They know. They are visibly terrified. There is no denying that.

That's why they escape from trucks heading to slaughter, that's why they try to escape from slaughterhouses, that's why they desperately fight for their life and plead for mercy with their eyes til the very end before having their throats slit.

Animals are much, much, much more perceptive than you give them credit for.

Just watch this.... it's a short video:

Nope, I humored you by watching the last video and I thought that this wasn't supposed to be a vegan thread? I really don't want to argue with you anymore so I guess I'll just drop the topic.

Nope, I humored you by watching the last video and I thought that this wasn't supposed to be a vegan thread? I really don't want to argue with you anymore so I guess I'll just drop the topic.

We've been talking about sentience....and I think that is related to the actual topic here about open rescue. I mean, it's not completely irrelevant. And btw... even though in general I like when threads stay on topic, just to let you know, it's hard for me to NOT respond when someone says something untrue, because I hate for people to be misled. I know that others can just ignore stuff like that, so maybe it's just a quirk of mine, but if someone is going to make a claim that misleads others, I feel like I have to say something about it....especially on my own thread. 😝

YOU brought up the topic then chastised her for responding . That was pretty dishonest of you

Forum List

Back