Does anyone here listen to shortwave radio?

Around here, the guys are on air before breakfast, talking about fixing this or building that. After they are fed, the gals get on air and talk about everything else. Lots of kids are homeschooled and lots of the chatter addresses homeschooling issues. Some are better at math, some at English, etc.
`
Are you referring to Amateur (Ham) radio operators?

Around here, the guys are on air before breakfast, talking about fixing this or building that. After they are fed, the gals get on air and talk about everything else. Lots of kids are homeschooled and lots of the chatter addresses homeschooling issues. Some are better at math, some at English, etc.
`
Are you referring to Amateur (Ham) radio operators?
In Alaska, yeah.

vGXCcc

This is like the receiver I used to have.

radio_Zenith_TO_B600_advert1.jpg

In Alaska, yeah.
`
That would make sense, considering the physical layout of populated areas in Alaska. I don't have my General class license yet so I mainly monitor, amateur nets (a gathering of different ham stations) on different frequencies, depending on the time of day.

In Alaska, yeah.
`
That would make sense, considering the physical layout of populated areas in Alaska. I don't have my General class license yet so I mainly monitor, amateur nets (a gathering of different ham stations) on different frequencies, depending on the time of day.
For Bush Alaska, it's been a major means of communication for many. While internet is becoming more common, there are still lots of places too remote for reliable internet/wi-fi coverage.

Forum List

Back