Zone1 Protestants seem to always want to toss out the Old Testament, the Catholic Church: NOT

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
Most Protestants do not seem to know anything much about the Old Testament. I've read the entire thing. Parts of it are a little peculiar, but that's because, or partly because we are in the 21st century, and (most of us are) American.

Enough said IMO

In any case, the most important thing IMO about the Old T is the Ark of the Covenant. Even a lot of Catholics don't know about that. I didn't either until a few years ago.

It was the beginning of the Church on Earth, meaning the one established by Christ himself. Basically, King David started being concerned that he himself lived in a palace and the Ark of the Covenant (a sacred "box" or tabernacle carried by the Israelites everywhere they went, a tabernacle where God would speak to them) did not have such a... worthy place. God spoke through a prophet and the prophet told David that God didn't need a house since He created the whole universe. But nonetheless, God approved of David building Him a house.

It's a fascinating story. It was in this House of God that God said He would "visit" man and listen to their prayers.

Last edited:
Most Protestants do not seem to know anything much about the Old Testament. I've read the entire thing. Parts of it are a little peculiar, but that's because, or partly because we are in the 21st century, and (most of us are) American.

Enough said IMO

In any case, the most important thing IMO about the Old T is the Ark of the Covenant. Even a lot of Catholics don't know about that. I didn't either until a few years ago.

It was the beginning of the Church on Earth, meaning the one established by Christ himself. Basically, King David started being concerned that he himself lived in a palace and the Ark of the Covenant (a sacred "box" or tabernacle carried by the Israelites everywhere they went, a tabernacle where God would speak to them) did not have such a... worthy place. God spoke through a prophet and the prophet told David that God didn't need a house since He created the whole universe. But nonetheless, God approved of David building Him a house.

It's a fascinating story. It was in this House of God that God said He would "visit" man and listen to their prayers.
You mean like the 14 books of the old testament that the catholic church removed in 1684?

You mean like the 14 books of the old testament that the catholic church removed in 1684?

My research indicates that it was Luther who threw out those books because the JEWS did not recognize them.

So yeh, looks like just another anti-Catholic myth

So much for "God doesn't dwell in buildings" (you dumbass Catholics!)

something I hear a lot from nonCatholics who don't understand (about the above Church history)

Enough said IMO

No we don't, the OT points to the NT. The 10 Commandments replaced the whole of the Law. From Genesis to Revelation it builds upon itself.

Yes, I was baptized but I renounced the church and unbaptized myself, if that's a word.
There you go! You were welcomed into a community of believers, and you said, "So long." The past cannot be changed. For a short time you were a member of the Kingdom and that cannot be changed. You left the Father's Kingdom and that is the truth you are living in the present, living as if you were never baptized?

No we don't, the OT points to the NT. The 10 Commandments replaced the whole of the Law. From Genesis to Revelation it builds upon itself.
not true. But I have learned that protestants don't want to hear the truths that the Catholic Church alone provides to the world. So I will pass on rambling on and on about it since only Catholics understand.

Enough said IMO

I am sorry but I greatly dislike Luther, try as I do to see some good in him.
This is the man who put the 7 OT 'apocrypha' in the back of the Bible with this godawful stupid meaningless statement : Luther included the deuterocanonical books in his translation of the German Bible, but he did relocate them to after the Old Testament, calling them "Apocrypha, that are books which are not considered equal to the Holy Scriptures, but are useful and good to read."

So at that point Protestantism was not even discerning true from false. What is good to read if it's false, if it is patently NOT what it claims to be. Tobit's prophecy , useful but BS ??? And then there is Purgatory and 2 Maccabees 12:39-45. IF it is false that prayer for the dead useless yet Macc teaches that, in what way is that good? After 30 plus years trying , I think Luther is one of civilization's goddam setbacks.
Dont' get me on Double Predestination Calvin

Luther’s first German translation was missing 25 books (i.e., Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Esther, Job, Ecclesiastes, Jonah, Tobias, Judith, Wisdom, Sirach (i.e., Ecclesiasticus), Baruch, 1 and 2 Maccabees, Matthew, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, Hebrews, James, Jude and Revelation. He referred to the Epistle of James as “straw not worthy to be burned in my oven as tinder.” The rest he called “Judaizing nonsense.” Subsequent Protestants, deciding that Luther wasn’t really inspired by the Holy Spirit, replaced most of the books he had removed. Why Did Martin Luther Remove Inspired Books From the Bible?

Luther did not begin "Protestantism" and certainly does not define it. What he did or did not do concerns only members of the denomination bearing his name and those who wish to attack it.
If Protestants believe more in the New Covenant than the old, it is because of what they find in the message of Jesus.
The claims of one group or another to superiority over others could only be justified if objective testimony supported it. There is none that gives Rome's church such validity. If Jesus is not enough for a Christian, adding another man as head of an organization and sprinkling a lot of gold, incense and water around will not suffice, either. All that does is distract from the main character; Jesus.

It is true, but you are correct in that I have no reason to believe that the Catholic Church has the truth market cornered.
Of course you don't. You've been told probably since you were in the cradle that Catholics are evil, the RCC will be the seat of the anti-Christ (these days even Catholics wonder about that one, however) and other LIES.

Only informed Catholics like myself understand Catholicism, but you avoid them like the plague, I am sure. Then you have the gall to put yourself out as some expert on Catholicism.

ha ha.. that's comical. But sadly, it is also

tragic.

Everyone should know Jesus like devout Catholics do. It is very sad that they do not. They don't know what they're missing.

I didn't baptize myself. Someone else baptized me. If my parents were Nazis and christened me does that mean that I was a Nazi too and always will be? I left the Church of Superstition of my own free will and I have papers to prove it. Does anyone have a problem with that? If you do have a problem with that ....... :fu:

Wow... How Christian can you get?

Show me where I, practicing Catholic, have flipped someone off for disagreeing with me.

But oh well, you can be a good "Christian" all on your own, without help from a Church, can't you?

:rolleyes:

Luther did not begin "Protestantism" and certainly does not define it. What he did or did not do concerns only members of the denomination bearing his name and those who wish to attack it.
If Protestants believe more in the New Covenant than the old, it is because of what they find in the message of Jesus.
The claims of one group or another to superiority over others could only be justified if objective testimony supported it. There is none that gives Rome's church such validity. If Jesus is not enough for a Christian, adding another man as head of an organization and sprinkling a lot of gold, incense and water around will not suffice, either. All that does is distract from the main character; Jesus.
Insult taken

All Catholics believe in priests rather than Christ!

Sheez. What lies

FYI

I don't think ONE of these posts is about what the OP says.

The thread started out talking about the beginnings of the CHURCH, specifically, the buildings God wanted built (starting with King David)

Now look where we are at... I wish people would stick to the damn topic

...... I left the Church of Superstition of my own free will and I have papers to prove it. Does anyone have a problem with that? If you do have a problem with that ....... :fu:
Show me where I, practicing Catholic, have flipped someone off for disagreeing with me.
Show me where I, a practicing Agnostic have a problem with someone being a Theist. You tagged yourself by identifying yourself as being a recipient of the "flip off".

Show me where I, a practicing Agnostic have a problem with someone being a Theist. You tagged yourself by identifying yourself as being a recipient of the "flip off".
what?

Oh never mind. I don't have time for malcontents who claim there is no God (but then proceed to play God. I guess they don't like the competition LOL)

The most important point of all this is that God instructed King David how to build this House of God and he did and God told the people that this place was where He would hear their prayers.

Today, we have the Roman Catholic Church (although the Roman part of that is corrupt, meaning: the Vatican). But all the fake and evil popes in the world cannot take Jesus from us. "I am with your always, until the end.." Jesus promised (Mt 28:20). And Jesus obviously can be trusted, whereas humans... forget it. None of them can be trusted, to speak of.

So the Jews began going to synagogue to be with God and present their prayers to Him. And there was a light that was always on in the House of God to show that God's presence was there in the temple.

Today, Catholics burn a lamp perpetually near the tabernacle in the Churches to signify the Real Presence of Christ.

People think they know Jesus, people outside His Church. Well, yes, they know Him to some extent. But how would it be if a just-married couple decided to only write letters to each other from afar (analogy of Scripture), and never actually be in each other's presence, ever?

Forum List

Back