Zone1 Protestants seem to always want to toss out the Old Testament, the Catholic Church: NOT

no, it doesn't. The Old testament shows where God ordained that the tabernacle, Ark of the Covenant be adored with gold cherabim. Then there were gold or brass oxen

This shows how little non-Catholics know about the Bible, yet they act like they invented it or something...

God said do not make an image and bow down to it. Of course Protestants always want to accuse Catholics so they leave out that last part
Catholics bow down to a carved image of Jesus on a cross behind the pulpit-- They kiss their little metal cross( icon) which can do nothing, the same as that statue of Jesus can do nothing.
They are so blinded by darkness, in their pictures of Jesus they have him with long hair bringing dishonor to his Fathers name-Israelite men did not have long hair, it was a dishonor- 1Cor 11:14)--Only Nazarites( samson) were allowed long hair, Jesus was a Nazarene not a Nazarite.

same old tiresome lies about the Catholic Church

Satan must really hate the CC

But we knew that (some of us did anyway. Some are clueless and hope to remain so)

This shows how little non-Catholics know about the Bible, yet they act like they invented it or something...
It illustrates the fallacy that some non-Catholic Christians have of how they read the Bible, but claim Catholics do not. Before anyone comments on God forbidding graven images, not only do they need to read and study Exodus, they also need to read and study Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. There is also the account of God commanding a bronze serpent be made and how those bitten by the serpents invading their camp should look up at it... ( ;) Gasp, God commanded the people to look at a graven image!)

It illustrates the fallacy that some non-Catholic Christians have of how they read the Bible, but claim Catholics do not. Before anyone comments on God forbidding graven images, not only do they need to read and study Exodus, they also need to read and study Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. There is also the account of God commanding a bronze serpent be made and how those bitten by the serpents invading their camp should look up at it... ( ;) Gasp, God commanded the people to look at a graven image!)
Yeh, I hear God can go against his own laws! OMG! If He does that, you can better believe something odd is happening, but I'm not sure he does it often? I don't know.

Protestants just claim Catholics don't know the Bible because that's a way to play Gotcha. I know the Bible far better than anyone I know, and again, non Catholics don't know much of anything about the Old T... plus, they get the New one a little skewed, not infrequently

Catholics bow down to a carved image of Jesus on a cross behind the pulpit-- They kiss their little metal cross( icon) which can do nothing, the same as that statue of Jesus can do nothing.
They are so blinded by darkness, in their pictures of Jesus they have him with long hair bringing dishonor to his Fathers name-Israelite men did not have long hair, it was a dishonor- 1Cor 11:14)--Only Nazarites( samson) were allowed long hair, Jesus was a Nazarene not a Nazarite.

If we are to believe the legend of Hegesippus quoted by Eusebius,[57] James, brother of Jesus, Bishop of Jerusalem, was a nazirite, and performed with rigorous exactness all the practices enjoined by that rule of life.

In Acts 21:20–24 Paul was advised to counter the claims made by some Judaizers (that he encouraged a revolt against the Mosaic Law).

He showed the "believers there" (believers in Jesus, i.e. the Jewish Christians) in Jerusalem otherwise by purifying himself and accompanying four men to the temple who had taken naziritic vows (so as to refute the naysayers).

This stratagem only delayed the inevitable mob assault on him. This event brought about the accusation in Acts 24:5–18 that Paul was the "ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes", and thus provides further verification that the term Nazarene was a mistranslation of the term nazirite. In any case, the relationship of Paul of Tarsus and Judaism is still disputed.

What is curious is that Luke does not here mention the apostle James the Just as taking nazirite vows, although later Christian historians (e.g. Epiphanius Panarion 29.4) believed he had, and the vow of a nazirite would explain the asceticism Eusebius of Caesarea ascribed to James, a claim that gave James the title "James the Just".

Nazirites in history

If we are to believe the legend of Hegesippus quoted by Eusebius,[57] James, brother of Jesus, Bishop of Jerusalem, was a nazirite, and performed with rigorous exactness all the practices enjoined by that rule of life.

In Acts 21:20–24 Paul was advised to counter the claims made by some Judaizers (that he encouraged a revolt against the Mosaic Law).

He showed the "believers there" (believers in Jesus, i.e. the Jewish Christians) in Jerusalem otherwise by purifying himself and accompanying four men to the temple who had taken naziritic vows (so as to refute the naysayers).

This stratagem only delayed the inevitable mob assault on him. This event brought about the accusation in Acts 24:5–18 that Paul was the "ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes", and thus provides further verification that the term Nazarene was a mistranslation of the term nazirite. In any case, the relationship of Paul of Tarsus and Judaism is still disputed.

What is curious is that Luke does not here mention the apostle James the Just as taking nazirite vows, although later Christian historians (e.g. Epiphanius Panarion 29.4) believed he had, and the vow of a nazirite would explain the asceticism Eusebius of Caesarea ascribed to James, a claim that gave James the title "James the Just".

Nazirites in history
There was much darkness back then by men who listened to these-2Thess 2:3= The religion that came out of Rome.

I'd rather be any other religion if I believed any of them had anything to do with God or Jesus's teachings. A politician by any other name is still a politician
It is true Francis and his clown car have all but destroyed TRUE Catholicism, but it is kept alive by the SSPX and the Sedevacantists.

Then there's the fact that Jesus Christ Himself has not abandonedCatholics. He may have abandoned Francis, but that's a different story

It is true Francis and his clown car have all but destroyed TRUE Catholicism, but it is kept alive by the SSPX and the Sedevacantists.

Then there's the fact that Jesus Christ Himself has not abandonedCatholics. He may have abandoned Francis, but that's a different story
Jesus was never with Catholicism-they are 2 Thess 2:3=The great apostasy=the son of destruction. Her works have proved it, her bloodguilt has amassed to the heavens. Imagine Jesus allowing his young followers to kill for Adolf Hitler, kill their own supposed brothers in Christ who stood on the other side. Get out of her, God warned you.

Then there's this:

Some Protestants have a lot of nerve talking about "bowingdown to images"

Doesn't Joel Olsteen drive a

Ferrari?

Now, that is one expensive, false image to bow down to! I haven't verified if he even hs one but the accusation was out there.

Then there's this:

Ferrari?

Now, that is one expensive, false image to bow down to! I haven't verified if he even hs one but the accusation was out there.
He lives in a home worth millions. Last i heard, 8 years ago he was worth 27 million. An ear tickler who seeks $$$. Telling workers of iniquity( Matt 7:22-23)--You are saved if you say 3 lines of prayer with me--its a pure lie.

He lives in a home worth millions. Last i heard, 8 years ago he was worth 27 million. An ear tickler who seeks $$$. Telling workers of iniquity( Matt 7:22-23)--You are saved if you say 3 lines of prayer with me--its a pure lie.
why anyone sends him money is WAY beyond me

Then there's this:

Ferrari?

You need to quit using your pretzel logic--the commandment is very clear and cannot be twisted in the way that you are attempting. It didn't prohibit graven images--it prohibited "worshiping" graven images.

They want their ears tickled with the words--you are saved--thus they do not listen to Jesus to obey him and live by Every utterance from God--
The message someone like Olsteen sends, intentionally or otherwise is

If you are poor, you are a worse sinner than the rich person. God would make you wealthy if you only..... [whatever]

poppycock

Forum List

Back