Zone1 Protestants seem to always want to toss out the Old Testament, the Catholic Church: NOT

Most Protestants do not seem to know anything much about the Old Testament. I've read the entire thing. Parts of it are a little peculiar, but that's because, or partly because we are in the 21st century, and (most of us are) American.

Enough said IMO

In any case, the most important thing IMO about the Old T is the Ark of the Covenant. Even a lot of Catholics don't know about that. I didn't either until a few years ago.

It was the beginning of the Church on Earth, meaning the one established by Christ himself. Basically, King David started being concerned that he himself lived in a palace and the Ark of the Covenant (a sacred "box" or tabernacle carried by the Israelites everywhere they went, a tabernacle where God would speak to them) did not have such a... worthy place. God spoke through a prophet and the prophet told David that God didn't need a house since He created the whole universe. But nonetheless, God approved of David building Him a house.

It's a fascinating story. It was in this House of God that God said He would "visit" man and listen to their prayers.

Why would you say Protestants don't read the Old Testament?

Did you grow up going to church, Sunday school, Vacation Bible school or Wednesday Bible study?

How ironic considering that the Catholic Church has "thrown out" much of what was taught by Jesus and his apostles.

"Protestants seem to always want to toss out the Old Testament, the Catholic Church: NOT"
The CC did NOT. But you've been lied to and you choose those lies over truth. That will be on you in the End. I'm not going to bang my head against the wall (again) trying to correct anti-Catholics on what they believe about the CC. They can just as easily investigte things as I did (and do)

Yes, I was baptized but I renounced the church and unbaptized myself, if that's a word.
How can someone give this post a ...
thumb down.jpg ...? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Most Protestants do not seem to know anything much about the Old Testament. I've read the entire thing. Parts of it are a little peculiar, but that's because, or partly because we are in the 21st century, and (most of us are) American.

Enough said IMO

In any case, the most important thing IMO about the Old T is the Ark of the Covenant. Even a lot of Catholics don't know about that. I didn't either until a few years ago.

It was the beginning of the Church on Earth, meaning the one established by Christ himself. Basically, King David started being concerned that he himself lived in a palace and the Ark of the Covenant (a sacred "box" or tabernacle carried by the Israelites everywhere they went, a tabernacle where God would speak to them) did not have such a... worthy place. God spoke through a prophet and the prophet told David that God didn't need a house since He created the whole universe. But nonetheless, God approved of David building Him a house.

It's a fascinating story. It was in this House of God that God said He would "visit" man and listen to their prayers.
Neither of them understand much because they lack holy spirit and have become a mass of confusion.

Neither of them understand much because they lack holy spirit and have become a mass of confusion.
Wow...

You get Whopper of the Year award at this forum!

I have never heard one Catholic OR Protestant say here that anyone else here of either community was lacking the Holy Spirit.

I think I am done w/ you. You do not appear to care one bit about truth

They teach the old testament in Sunday school and vacation Bible school.
oh sure, about Abraham and Moses and that's about it. There is SO much there, so much that

"is Catholic"

That's why they don't like it (pastors). I've never heard a protestant pastor talk about the Ark of the Covenant. but then, I don't hear Catholic priests mention it either, not the ones I've had for a priest anyhow

Wow...

I have never heard one Catholic OR Protestant say here that anyone else here of either community was lacking the Holy Spirit.

Peace be upon you, my son! :FIREdevil:

oh sure, about Abraham and Moses and that's about it. There is SO much there, so much that

"is Catholic"

That's why they don't like it (pastors). I've never heard a protestant pastor talk about the Ark of the Covenant. but then, I don't hear Catholic priests mention it either, not the ones I've had for a priest anyhow

I have pretty much studied it all over the years in Sunday school and church.

Wow...

Jesus promised to his real teachers that he would send holy spirit to guide them into ALL truth, not the hundreds of different truths taught by hundreds of trinity based religions-proving 100% they do not have holy spirit because Jesus is not with those religions. They fail this true mark(1Cor 1:10) 100%= Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division. Jesus is with 1 single religion who pass that true mark 100%.

Jesus promised to his real teachers that he would send holy spirit to guide them into ALL truth, not the hundreds of different truths taught by hundreds of trinity based religions-proving 100% they do not have holy spirit because Jesus is not with those religions. They fail this true mark(1Cor 1:10) 100%= Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division. Jesus is with 1 single religion who pass that true mark 100%.
The Holy spirit is fluttering over the waters in Genesis.

You're special because of Joseph Smith ???

Another thing I love about the Catholic Church:

Every day (and they have Mass every day, not just on Sunday, another great thing about the CC) they have Scripture readings, one from the Old Testament and one or two from the New T. I believe it is only on Sunday when they have two readings from the New? But in any case, as stated b4, one will hear the entire Bible if one attends daily Mass for 3 years.

So much for: Catholics don't know the Bible.

Another thing I love about the Catholic Church:

Every day (and they have Mass every day, not just on Sunday, another great thing about the CC) they have Scripture readings, one from the Old Testament and one or two from the New T. I believe it is only on Sunday when they have two readings from the New? But in any case, as stated b4, one will hear the entire Bible if one attends daily Mass for 3 years.

So much for: Catholics don't know the Bible.
The bible condemns-statues, icons, graven images.

The bible condemns-statues, icons, graven images.
no, it doesn't. The Old testament shows where God ordained that the tabernacle, Ark of the Covenant be adored with gold cherabim. Then there were gold or brass oxen

This shows how little non-Catholics know about the Bible, yet they act like they invented it or something...

God said do not make an image and bow down to it. Of course Protestants always want to accuse Catholics so they leave out that last part

Forum List

Back