Doe anyone truly believe a ceasefire in Gaza makes sense without the return of Israeli hostages?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
With all due respect to those who demand this. Yes, I like humanity better when we aren't at war.with one another, I am a bit of a historian of war, not a fan of it preferring to prevent instead. However, the premise of a ceasefire when over 100 hostages are being held seems rather absurd. Even morally it might appear to be a betrayal of said hostages who were kidnapped from their own homes.

Meh Israel probably already killed them. For excuses.
I mean, dont put it past them. They have already done it. Even with them waving white flags..

With all due respect to those who demand this. Yes, I like humanity better when we aren't at war.with one another, I am a bit of a historian of war, not a fan of it preferring to prevent instead. However, the premise of a ceasefire when over 100 hostages are being held seems rather absurd. Even morally it might appear to be a betrayal of said hostages who were kidnapped from their own homes.
Using them as barganing chips only encourges them to take more

Hostages should be devalued and igored. aside from military excursions to free them

Which begs the question, why is Biden not actively trying to do just that since American citizens were taken hostage by Ham's ass?

The US miltary should be invoved here instead of left for dead like Biden did Americans in Afghanistan.

There are no hostages still alive. If there were, Hamas would have already offered them in exchange for something.

Meh Israel probably already killed them. For excuses.
I mean, dont put it past them. They have already done it. Even with them waving white flags..
So, you are the ruler of Israel, what do you do in this situation?

Go!

Of course it does, how does genociding innocent Palestinian citizens HELP in getting the hostages?

Last edited:
cease fire based on imminent return of any remaining hostages. why not?:

There are no hostages still alive. If there were, Hamas would have already offered them in exchange for something.
If this is true, then it wll be exposed for the world.to see. Perhaps this is even why some are so ardently demanding this ceasefire, they know that Hamas will be exposed as the devils they are and that goes against some narratives. That said I have not seen concrete evidence that the aren't alive, thoug the proof of life process has been rejected by Hamas...

The Daily Show did a great piece on how differently we treat Russia and Israel when they do the exact same attrocities.

Weaponizing food.

Targeting journalists and repression of journalists. International journalists not allowed in and more journalists killed in Gaza in the last 6 months than in Russia. Israel banning certain media outlets they deem a threat.

Taking land by force. On March 22nd in the West Bank, Israel declared a large piece of it state land. Largest land transfer since 1993. They did this the day Blinken visited!

We are concerned when Israel does it but we are condemning when Russia does it?

i really hate to appear totally heartless, but hostages , in any situation, are dead the minute they are taken .

if they can be negotiated out, great. but the important thing is for the hostage takers to be terminated and imitators discouraged.

of course i want the hostages safe, and i'm sure glad i'm not a negotiator.

it has been six months? if they are alive they are in simialar shape to prisoners at andersonville or the hanoi hilton. desperate.

i really hate to appear totally heartless, but hostages , in any situation, are dead the minute they are taken .

if they can be negotiated out, great. but the important thing is for the hostage takers to be terminated and imitators discouraged.

it has been six months? if they are alive they are in simialar shape to prisoners at andersonville or the hanoi hilton. desperate.
Yep, casualties of war.

You mean like all the hostages we held and tortured at Abu Ghraib?

1712751647757.png

Of course it does, how does genociding innocent Palestinian citizens HELP in getting the hostages?
There’s no genocide by Israel. Stop with this antisemitic blood libel.

The only “people“ who have announced their intent to commit genocide are HAMAS subhumans - against the Jews.

The only “people“ who have announced their intent to commit genocide are HAMAS subhumans - against the Jews.

Nonsense. As usual, Israel is going too far. We must condemn it. And we can cut off aid if they don't act like humans.

How many children have died since this started?

Yes Hamas was cruel for what they did. Now Israel is.

But it's the "current thing." Liberal zombies have to be involved with whatever the current thing is, or everyone else will think they're "uncool."

1712755198144.png

Last edited:
But it's the "current thing." Liberal zombies have to be involved with whatever the current thing is, or everyone else will think they're "uncool."
Scary shit….the liberals are pushing the current trend to be anti-Jew while rallying against bigotry toward blacks.

Some very basic lesson of history seem to have been lost.

When you are in a war - regardless of who started it - you WIN the war by harming your enemy so badly that in the end they surrender and come to terms. This is what happened in WWII; the Germans and the Japanese each separately decided that their losses were no longer tolerable and they surrendered.

And so it will be with HAMAS. When they conclude that their losses are so damaging that they are no longer tolerable, they will surrender. This is how it is SUPPOSED TO WORK. That is how wars end.

A cease fire will do nothing but prolong the war and give Hamas the opportunity to re-load. This is not complicated.

Kinda makes you wonder what motivates all the world's Leftists in this matter.

Forum List

Back