Doe anyone truly believe a ceasefire in Gaza makes sense without the return of Israeli hostages?

You would think they knew who the hostages were..
Oh wait, they did. Because they blasted their pictures all over the planet.
I strongly suspect the IDF soldiers thought they were killing Arabs not Jews

I strongly suspect the IDF soldiers thought they were killing Arabs not Jews
So they didnt know who they were wanting to rescue? They didnt know their own people that were kidnapped by HAMAS? How does that make sense to you?

So they didnt know who they were wanting to rescue? They didnt know their own people that were kidnapped by HAMAS? How does that make sense to you?
Not only did people after time in captivity look markedly different from the joyous pictures used on posters, but they were also somewhat obscured by dirt and in the heat of battle, people make mistakes. The army admitted to the mistakes. I haven't been in a battle but I have been in stressful situations that are much less stressful and I have made identity mistakes. All the more so in a more stressful situation.

Oh well, by gawd. Praise to the IDF!
your sarcasm is noted. It is irrelevant, but it is noted. If the army had lied, they'd be evil. If they hadn't acknowledged it, they would be covering it up. They admit it and you use sarcasm. So there is no response that would alter your opinion. That makes your opinion useless.

your sarcasm is noted. It is irrelevant, but it is noted. If the army had lied, they'd be evil. If they hadn't acknowledged it, they would be covering it up. They admit it and you use sarcasm. So there is no response that would alter your opinion. That makes your opinion useless.
Many murderers admit to it. Doesnt make it ok.
Hey, you are biased and I understand. Thats ok :thup:

Many murderers admit to it. Doesnt make it ok.
Hey, you are biased and I understand. Thats ok :thup:
When murderers admit to their crimes and show remorse, that often is an important piece in mitigating sentencing length, but you are looking for any reason to hate so you find it.

When murderers admit to their crimes and show remorse, that often is an important piece in mitigating sentencing length, but you are looking for any reason to hate so you find it.
Im not looking for a reason to hate anything or anyone. I just find it repulsive they killed their own people waving white flags.
Them admitting to it(they had no choice) doesnt make it ok for me. Sorry.

With all due respect to those who demand this. Yes, I like humanity better when we aren't at war.with one another, I am a bit of a historian of war, not a fan of it preferring to prevent instead. However, the premise of a ceasefire when over 100 hostages are being held seems rather absurd. Even morally it might appear to be a betrayal of said hostages who were kidnapped from their own homes.
Biden is capitulating to the worst of his constituency by calling for Israel to unilaterally cease fire. He has turned his back on Israel. As Lisa succinctly pointed out recently, we all know who Netanyahu is because Biden has often publicly criticized him.

But Biden is no longer publicly calling on the Hamas leaders to stand down, to do the right thing or criticized a single Hamas leader by name. He is not demanding that Hamas release their hostages.

For those who conveniently forget, it was Hamas who attacked Israel killing more than a 1000 Israelis, many in unspeakably cruel, vicious ways, and who took hundreds of hostages. It is Hamas who continues to demand that all the Jews die and Israel be destroyed. It is Hamas who has promised many more October 7ths.

Israel is perfectly within their right to destroy Hamas' ability to attack them again.

Im not looking for a reason to hate anything or anyone. I just find it repulsive they killed their own people waving white flags.
Them admitting to it(they had no choice) doesnt make it ok for me. Sorry.
No one says it is "ok" but you are choosing to label a mistake "repulsive". You are looking to assign some broader blame on the army as a whole and wondering how the situation could be that way. Their admission defuses your claims because it demonstrates no malice or intentionality.

Their admission defuses your claims because it demonstrates no malice or intentionality.
What a crock.
But yes, go ahead and gaslight me because i think kidnapping victims waving a white flag being gunned down by their own people is repulsive. You go with that :lol:

What a crock.
But yes, go ahead and gaslight me because i think kidnapping victims waving a white flag being gunned down by their own people is repulsive. You go with that :lol:
Gaslight? You must not know the meaning of the word. Your invented claims and your sense of what you think would have been done is driven by your own delusions and hatred. If that works for you, best of luck with that.

Gaslight? You must not know the meaning of the word. Your invented claims and your sense of what you think would have been done is driven by your own delusions and hatred. If that works for you, best of luck with that.
Youre doing it again. :71:

The Daily Show did a great piece on how differently we treat Russia and Israel when they do the exact same attrocities.

Weaponizing food.

Targeting journalists and repression of journalists. International journalists not allowed in and more journalists killed in Gaza in the last 6 months than in Russia. Israel banning certain media outlets they deem a threat.

Taking land by force. On March 22nd in the West Bank, Israel declared a large piece of it state land. Largest land transfer since 1993. They did this the day Blinken visited!

We are concerned when Israel does it but we are condemning when Russia does it?
the daily show is a comedy show and anyone that takes what they say as real news is a braindead moron,,

Forum List

Back