Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

MOUNT DORA — A doctor who considers the national health-care overhaul to be bad medicine for the country posted a sign on his office door telling patients who voted for President Barack Obama to seek care "elsewhere."

The sign reads: "If you voted for Obama … seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years."

I love stories like this :)

Obama health care supporters: Florida doctor tells Obama health care supporters to go elsewhere - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Good for him. He may lose money and patients but at least he is putting his money (or lackthereof) where his mouth and opinions are.

Why good for him? Of course he has a right to free speech but the plain truth is he has decided to put politics over and above his professional oath and ethics.

Regardless of my feelings on the HC Bill or the political parties - I would not have a person like that for my doctor.

The doctor might actually be bound by an insurance contract to see patients who have the insurance he is contracted with....Also, here is the pertinent part of the Florida law regarding patient rights:

SUMMARY OF THE FLORIDA PATIENT'S BILL
OF RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES

A patient has the right to impartial access to medical treatment or accommodations, regardless of race, national origin, religion, handicap, or source of payment.

A patient has the right to treatment for any emergency medical condition that will deteriorate from failure to provide treatment.

Patient Bill of Rights - Medical Quality Assurance - Patient Bill of Rights

I don't see how that applies in this case. We are not talking about failure to provide emergency care, nor are we talking about denying care based on race, national origin, religion, handicap or source of payment... um, unless you claim support for President Obama to be a handicap. ;)

Immie

:lol: I'm not claiming anything, just putting the law there for you to see for yourself whether it applies or not...

Why do you love stories like this? It's a doctor who clearly puts politics above his patients.

How sad. Politics don't belong in the relationship between a patient and his doctor.

that's not the way I read it. He is a ticked off doctor. He is not alone. You will see many more.

What part of you democrats rammed this down everyone's throats in a partisian vote, using all manner of dirty tricks, and backroom deals for special people to buy votes pisses people off do you not understand exactly??

"You democrats"????

P.S. If "you Republicans" are going to have a hissy fit over it, remember how the parts of the "Contract with America" were rammed down opponents throats through a similar " partisian vote, using all manner of dirty tricks, and backroom deals " That's the down and dirty of politics.

The AMA, which speaks for a large number of doctors supported this bill.

show me! and The AMA speaks for aboutt 20% of the nations physicians.

see? that's where you show your racist tendencies. People aren't anti obamalama, they are anti obamalama policies,, hello
And yet, you're the one that equated racism with being anti-Obama. :lol:

it means I hear the message the librus are putting out.. don't get excited. we all know the CBC equates opposition to obamalama to racism..
It's your message. But I don't expect you to admit it.

Fact is, this doctor is like the soldier the fuckwit US Army Retired posted about. Neither will do their job because of their feelings toward Obama and his policies.

Republicans are dipshits, crybabies and unethical twits. :thup:

He sounds like a great doctor to go to.

At least you don't have to worry about sitting in a waiting room full of dummies.

I'm actually working on advocating this kind of behavior for all business just in a little different way.

Interviewing owners of businesses, starting with friends and members of "the club" to find out who is with us, then giving them a sign/logo to display.

Members are then encouraged to only patronize businesses with logos whenever possible.

Lists of those that don't merit a logo will be made available.

Hmmm........."finding out who is with us, hten giving them a sign/logo to display".

What are you going to do to identify those who are "with you" who go to those businesses so that they can receive "better" service? A numerical prefix like say.......6 6 6?

Next, you'll probably want to be able to refuse to allow anyone to buy or sell anything unless they have your "sign".

If you think about it, it kinda sounds like the sign of the Beast from Revelations. Hmmm....maybe the reason the GOP is calling Obama the anti-Christ is because they've been consorting with demons themselves.

By the way asshole, your flag is wrong, it's not the Gadsden Flag (the one used by tea bagging assholes such as yourself), it's the very first Union Jack of the US Navy.

Did you serve in the Navy, or were you just like every other cowardly teabagger and you refused on the basis you're a pussy?

it means I hear the message the librus are putting out.. don't get excited. we all know the CBC equates opposition to obamalama to racism..

Fact is, this doctor is like the soldier the fuckwit US Army Retired posted about. Neither will do their job because of their feelings toward Obama and his policies.

There ya go again... tying all of a particular group into a great big knot because of (in this case) two unethical, dipshit crybaby, twits. ;)

What if I were to say, Liberals are intolerant, immoral, anti-religious whiners because of the two lesbians who tried to force their beliefs on the photographer in that thread I pointed you to?

Immie

Last edited:

There ya go again... tying all of a particular group into a great big knot because of (in this case) two unethical, dipshit crybaby, twits. ;)

What if I were to say, Liberals are intolerant, immoral, anti-religious whiners because of the two lesbians who tried to force their beliefs on the photographer in that thread I pointed you to?

Immie

Umm......Immie......it was the REPUBLICANS that reimbursed a GOP'er for the lesbian bondage strip club.

Poll Finds Most Doctors Support Public Option : NPR
that's not the way I read it. He is a ticked off doctor. He is not alone. You will see many more.

What part of you democrats rammed this down everyone's throats in a partisian vote, using all manner of dirty tricks, and backroom deals for special people to buy votes pisses people off do you not understand exactly??

"You democrats"????

P.S. If "you Republicans" are going to have a hissy fit over it, remember how the parts of the "Contract with America" were rammed down opponents throats through a similar " partisian vote, using all manner of dirty tricks, and backroom deals " That's the down and dirty of politics.

The AMA, which speaks for a large number of doctors supported this bill.

show me! and The AMA speaks for aboutt 20% of the nations physicians.

You may be right - I"m finding a reference that they speak for 20 to 30%, not the majority.

However....in the process of looking there are some other relevent bits of data I found.
The majority of doctors supported a public option: 63% blend of public/private; 27% private only; 10% public only.

According to a NEJM poll: the majority of doctors actually support health care reform, including both public and private options, by an overwhelming majority of 69%. That support dropped to only 27% when the public option was removed and only private options remained.

Interestingly, Fox News (O'Reilly) promoted a more recent poll, from NEJM that claimed the majority of doctors were opposed to healthcare reform. Except....there was a bit of a problem with that poll. It was not conducted by NEJM or in anyway affliliated with them. In fact, it was conducted by the Medicus Firm, a physician headhunting group, and it was published in their free advertiser newsletter.

Conclusion: NEJM conducted a scientific poll, polling broad swath of doctors via mail and found support for reform. Medicus, a marketing firm in physician recruiting conducted a survey by email drawing only from their marketing database and found little support.

Which is more believable?

So what is the real level of doctor support for healthcare?

Immie

Umm......Immie......it was the REPUBLICANS that reimbursed a GOP'er for the lesbian bondage strip club.

What?

Forgive me, because I don't see what that has to do with my comment.

I was talking about the two lesbians who sued the photographer for discrimination because she refused to photograph their "wedding" and won.

Immie

At least you don't have to worry about sitting in a waiting room full of dummies.

I'm actually working on advocating this kind of behavior for all business just in a little different way.

Interviewing owners of businesses, starting with friends and members of "the club" to find out who is with us, then giving them a sign/logo to display.

Members are then encouraged to only patronize businesses with logos whenever possible.

Hmmm........."finding out who is with us, hten giving them a sign/logo to display".

What are you going to do to identify those who are "with you" who go to those businesses so that they can receive "better" service? A numerical prefix like say.......6 6 6?

Next, you'll probably want to be able to refuse to allow anyone to buy or sell anything unless they have your "sign".

If you think about it, it kinda sounds like the sign of the Beast from Revelations. Hmmm....maybe the reason the GOP is calling Obama the anti-Christ is because they've been consorting with demons themselves.

By the way asshole, your flag is wrong, it's not the Gadsden Flag (the one used by tea bagging assholes such as yourself), it's the very first Union Jack of the US Navy.

Did you serve in the Navy, or were you just like every other cowardly teabagger and you refused on the basis you're a pussy?

Where have I referred to it as the Gadsden flag?

I know it's the Navy Jack. I picked it because I raised my right hand Feb. 1972 at the Naval Reserve Center in Brockton, Ma.

Why do you have such a problem with people doing business with like-minded people?

I was making a joke Immie......chill dude.......besides, how often do you get a chance to bring up the words "naked bondage strip club" in politics?

I know it's the Navy Jack. I picked it because I raised my right hand Feb. 1972 at the Naval Reserve Center in Brockton, Ma.

Why do you have such a problem with people doing business with like-minded people?

Because when those people exclude others to the detriment of the ones excluded and they are citizens of the same country?

Well........kinda reminds me of "whites only" stores and diners. You'd like a return to the 1950's I guess?

And.....I'm a vet as well, served active from 1982-2002 in the Navy. I don't like seeing tea baggers use that flag.

I was making a joke Immie......chill dude.......besides, how often do you get a chance to bring up the words "naked bondage strip club" in politics?

Hehe,

I was simply fishing for more info. "Naked bondage strip club", okay so it peeked my interests. What can I say?

Immie

Hehe,

I was simply fishing for more info. "Naked bondage strip club", okay so it peeked my interests. What can I say?

Immie

Can't blame a man for fishing on a subject that concerns fishnets.

Hehe,

Immie

Can't blame a man for fishing on a subject that concerns fishnets.

What?... huh? Oh yeah, my mind was definitely on the fish nets. :lol:

Immie

Because when those people exclude others to the detriment of the ones excluded and they are citizens of the same country?

Well........kinda reminds me of "whites only" stores and diners. You'd like a return to the 1950's I guess?

And.....I'm a vet as well, served active from 1982-2002 in the Navy. I don't like seeing tea baggers use that flag.

I'm not a Tea Party person. I'm an elected Republican Party official.
Although I admire the Tea Party for their efforts their mission doesn't jive with mine.

Republicans are not the ones who made the sleazy backroom deals now are they? no they are not.

What's the difference in a whites only diner and a blacks only caucus?

Republicans are not the ones who made the sleazy backroom deals now are they? no they are not.
Yep...it's never the Republicans' fault. Not only did they fail to stop health care reform, they also failed to shape it whatsoever because they focused on demonizing the Dems.

Now they whine. And whine. And whine.

Lather. rinse. repeat.

Yep...it's never the Republicans' fault. Not only did they fail to stop health care reform, they also failed to shape it whatsoever because they focused on demonizing the Dems.

Now they whine. And whine. And whine.

Lather. rinse. repeat.

lather, rinse, repeal.. sounds better.

Forum List

Back