Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

Republican heroes. Soldiers that won't serve their country and doctors that won't serve the public.

If this were Liberals who had done this under Bush, their tune would be slightly different though. :eusa_whistle:

I'm talking about doctors. I don't think you should be allowed to BE a doctor if you are going to refuse service. It is unethical.

Heck, you can turn down the adult book store.

One, he did not say that he would turn anyone away. He suggested they seek care elsewhere.

Two, in the case of emergency care, he would be required by law to provide emergency care and then send the patient to his/her own doctor.

Three, If the doctor can't turn away patients, what right do I as an accountant have to turn away clients. Weren't you involved in the thread about whether or not a photographer could turn down a lesbian wedding ceremony? Didn't you claim the photographer was required to perform her services to that lesbian couple. If the photographer is required to do so, why would I as an accountant be afforded the right to turn down an adult book store?

Note: if you did not say that in the other thread then fine this question does not apply to you, but I thought we had this discussion then.

Immie
You're mixing me up with someone else.

Wouldn't be the first time I have done that to someone. :lol:

I'll look and see if I can find the thread. No promises.

Immie

Republican heroes. Soldiers that won't serve their country and doctors that won't serve the public.

Democrat heroes. War protestors who bomb public offices and become professors and anyone who will grant an entitlement.

it is to doctors.

No, too much Bureaucracy hampers a doctor's ability to do work.

However, with technology over time and when it comes more inexpensive, it will be easier.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/19/technology/19patient.html

The report, published online on Wednesday in The New England Journal of Medicine, found that doctors who use electronic health records say overwhelmingly that such records have helped improve the quality and timeliness of care. Yet fewer than one in five of the nation’s doctors has started using such records.

I'm sure you'll hate this though.

The government took a step in that direction last week, announcing a $150 million Medicare project that will offer doctors incentives to move from paper to electronic patient records. The program is intended to help up to 1,200 small practices in 12 cities and states make the conversion.

Individual doctors will be offered up to $58,000 over the five-year span of the project, which is intended to test the impact of incentives on the spread of electronic health records. Further programs across the country are planned

that's another bone of contention in the upcoming court battles,, electronic access of patients records by the government.. good luck with bribing the doctors though.

that's another bone of contention in the upcoming court battles,, electronic assess of patients records by the government.. good luck with bribing the doctors though.

Link? I remembered a thread about this awhile back, you were spewing bullshit on this subject then.

Democrat heroes. War protestors who bomb public offices and become professors and anyone who will grant an entitlement.
Funny thing...I've never seen anyone defend Ayers.

But here we have people singing the praises of assholes simply because they are anti-Obama.

One, he did not say that he would turn anyone away. He suggested they seek care elsewhere.

Two, in the case of emergency care, he would be required by law to provide emergency care and then send the patient to his/her own doctor.

Three, If the doctor can't turn away patients, what right do I as an accountant have to turn away clients. Weren't you involved in the thread about whether or not a photographer could turn down a lesbian wedding ceremony? Didn't you claim the photographer was required to perform her services to that lesbian couple. If the photographer is required to do so, why would I as an accountant be afforded the right to turn down an adult book store?

Note: if you did not say that in the other thread then fine this question does not apply to you, but I thought we had this discussion then.

Immie

Immie

Here's the thread I was thinking of:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...s-bid-to-refuse-same-sex-wedding-jobs-14.html

It appears the liberal lady I was thinking of was Bodecea. What can I say? I mixed up two ladies I enjoy having discussions with. My apologies to you both.

Immie

MOUNT DORA — A doctor who considers the national health-care overhaul to be bad medicine for the country posted a sign on his office door telling patients who voted for President Barack Obama to seek care "elsewhere."

The sign reads: "If you voted for Obama … seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years."

I love stories like this :)

Obama health care supporters: Florida doctor tells Obama health care supporters to go elsewhere - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Why do you love stories like this? It's a doctor who clearly puts politics above his patients.

How sad. Politics don't belong in the relationship between a patient and his doctor.

Immie

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...s-bid-to-refuse-same-sex-wedding-jobs-14.html

It appears the liberal lady I was thinking of was Bodecea. What can I say? I mixed up two ladies I enjoy having discussions with. My apologies to you both.

Immie
No problem. I'm guilty of the same thing. For the record, I think that in many cases people can turn down who they do business with. But not in all cases.

But here we have people singing the praises of assholes simply because they are anti-Obama.

see? that's where you show your racist tendencies. People aren't anti obamalama, they are anti obamalama policies,, hello

MOUNT DORA — A doctor who considers the national health-care overhaul to be bad medicine for the country posted a sign on his office door telling patients who voted for President Barack Obama to seek care "elsewhere."

The sign reads: "If you voted for Obama … seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years."

Obama health care supporters: Florida doctor tells Obama health care supporters to go elsewhere - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Why do you love stories like this? It's a doctor who clearly puts politics above his patients.

How sad. Politics don't belong in the relationship between a patient and his doctor.

that's not the way I read it. He is a ticked off doctor. He is not alone. You will see many more.

What part of you democrats rammed this down everyone's throats in a partisian vote, using all manner of dirty tricks, and backroom deals for special people to buy votes pisses people off do you not understand exactly??

The doctor might actually be bound by an insurance contract to see patients who have the insurance he is contracted with....Also, here is the pertinent part of the Florida law regarding patient rights:

SUMMARY OF THE FLORIDA PATIENT'S BILL
OF RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES

A patient has the right to impartial access to medical treatment or accommodations, regardless of race, national origin, religion, handicap, or source of payment.

A patient has the right to treatment for any emergency medical condition that will deteriorate from failure to provide treatment.

Patient Bill of Rights - Medical Quality Assurance - Patient Bill of Rights

He sounds like a great doctor to go to.

At least you don't have to worry about sitting in a waiting room full of dummies.

I'm actually working on advocating this kind of behavior for all business just in a little different way.

Interviewing owners of businesses, starting with friends and members of "the club" to find out who is with us, then giving them a sign/logo to display.

Members are then encouraged to only patronize businesses with logos whenever possible.

Lists of those that don't merit a logo will be made available.

see? that's where you show your racist tendencies. People aren't anti obamalama, they are anti obamalama policies,, hello
And yet, you're the one that equated racism with being anti-Obama. :lol:

The doctor might actually be bound by an insurance contract to see patients who have the insurance he is contracted with....Also, here is the pertinent part of the Florida law regarding patient rights:

A patient has the right to impartial access to medical treatment or accommodations, regardless of race, national origin, religion, handicap, or source of payment.

A patient has the right to treatment for any emergency medical condition that will deteriorate from failure to provide treatment.

He isn't violating any of that either. The guy is just becoming a hero the more the left rails against this. By the way, I'm not looking to libs for a moral compass. They recycled that into a tolerance mood ring a long time ago. Must have lost that now.

Immie

Immie
No problem. I'm guilty of the same thing. For the record, I think that in many cases people can turn down who they do business with. But not in all cases.

Well, fortunately, you are correct in that it can not be done in all cases. It would really suck if a restaurant was legally allowed to deny service to a black person or vice versa or a person of Hispanic or Asian decent.

On the other hand, it is disturbing to me that photographers, doctors, accountants etc. have to serve everyone. In the case of this doctor, he is an urologist. I would assume that in any emergency he would take care of any patient, but to require him to serve all non-emergency patients in a private office seems unduly intrusive to me.

Immie

that's not the way I read it. He is a ticked off doctor. He is not alone. You will see many more.

What part of you democrats rammed this down everyone's throats in a partisian vote, using all manner of dirty tricks, and backroom deals for special people to buy votes pisses people off do you not understand exactly??

"You democrats"????

P.S. If "you Republicans" are going to have a hissy fit over it, remember how the parts of the "Contract with America" were rammed down opponents throats through a similar " partisian vote, using all manner of dirty tricks, and backroom deals " That's the down and dirty of politics.

The AMA, which speaks for a large number of doctors supported this bill.

I don't see how that applies in this case. We are not talking about failure to provide emergency care, nor are we talking about denying care based on race, national origin, religion, handicap or source of payment... um, unless you claim support for President Obama to be a handicap. ;)

Immie

And yet, you're the one that equated racism with being anti-Obama. :lol:

it means I hear the message the librus are putting out.. don't get excited. we all know the CBC equates opposition to obamalama to racism..

Forum List

Back