Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
MOUNT DORA — A doctor who considers the national health-care overhaul to be bad medicine for the country posted a sign on his office door telling patients who voted for President Barack Obama to seek care "elsewhere."

The sign reads: "If you voted for Obama … seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years."

I love stories like this :)

Obama health care supporters: Florida doctor tells Obama health care supporters to go elsewhere - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

I think his patients better watch what they say to him.

He may Hurt someone who says the wrong thing

Since he's practicing in a GOP dominated county, I think it's just an ad campaign to increase his business. Wingnuts will go to him now in droves.

While I personally wouldn't do what he did, I support his being able to do so.

Good for him.

Freedom speech and an attempt at freedom of association. The doctor can't refuse care if the patient persists in trying to see him. But his sign encourages such patents to look elsewhere.

It's his right to free speech.

53055642.JPG

Freedom speech and an attempt at freedom of association. The doctor can't refuse care if the patient persists in trying to see him. But his sign encourages such patents to look elsewhere.

You are correct. He has already said that he won't refuse treatment to anyone, but that some might go somewhere else based on the sign.

MOUNT DORA — A doctor who considers the national health-care overhaul to be bad medicine for the country posted a sign on his office door telling patients who voted for President Barack Obama to seek care "elsewhere."

The sign reads: "If you voted for Obama … seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years."

Obama health care supporters: Florida doctor tells Obama health care supporters to go elsewhere - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Good for him. He may lose money and patients but at least he is putting his money (or lackthereof) where his mouth and opinions are.

He is a private doctor with a private business and he has the right to accept or refuse any patient he chooses to. He may lose some insurance or medicare money but its still his right to do this.

We dont live in obamacare land yet, the bill isn't implimented or enforced yet.

Are you sure about that?

A doctor can't refuse "emergency" care, but when a patient comes to his office for routine appointments, my understanding is that he is not under any obligation to provide services.

Immie

Good for him.

he is breaking the medical code.

he should lose his license.

I have no doubt that if a dem/liberal doctor did this you would
NOT support it at all!
you would be OUTRAGED and DEMAND that he be punished.

this man is just another conservative asshole

but "conservative" and "asshole" is redundant

Good for him.

NOT support it at all!

The article made it clear the doctor is inside the line of ethics. Being as he is in a Republican county, he will gain more business than he loses. People who hold opposing political views are assholes huh? Hello...asshole.

Good for him.

NOT support it at all!

he is in not refusing medical care to anyone you twit.....he is voicing his opinion so patients can decide if they want to be treated by someone with that opinion.....

would you prefer he lie to them.....

He practices in rabid Republican land...central Florida.

This is just more evidence of the Republican health care plan: Drop dead.

Are you sure about that?

A doctor can't refuse "emergency" care, but when a patient comes to his office for routine appointments, my understanding is that he is not under any obligation to provide services.

Immie
You can't turn someone down because of their skin color or religion. :eusa_eh:

Are you sure about that?

Immie

You might have him on the 0bama messiah complex folks.

So which people of which political party did Jesus turn away? I can't seem to find it anywhere here in my bible. Maybe you could help?

Are you sure about that?

Immie

So, we are back to the argument that everyone has to do business with everyone else simply because of racism?

Personally, I would not refuse to serve a client that I didn't agree with, but I respect the right of a doctor, a photographer, a lawyer, a plumber, a bartender, a mechanic etc. to chose whom he will take on as a customer.

Personally, even though I oppose HCR, if that were my doctor and I came to his office for an appointment, I would immediately inform him, that I would be seeking a new doctor. It is in my opinion, inappropriate to do what he did. However, I still respect his right to have done so.

Immie

Forum List

Back