Do you you still consider obama a bad president?

"
“The goal of Treasury’s investment in GM was never to make a profit, but to help save the American auto industry, and by any measure that effort was successful,” Treasury Department spokesman Adam Hodge said.

The U.S. bailout of GM and Chrysler, which received about $12.5 billion, saved 1.5 million jobs in the United States, according to the Center for Automotive Research."

The real question was whether or not you think the 1.5 million jobs in the US was worth it.
Yes, us tax payers bailing out failure is a great idea
Hey, did you know after ME and YOU bailed those fuckers out, they invest hundreds of billions in other countries?
Such a GREAT idea! :lol:

So I'm guessing you don't think saving 1.5 million good paying jobs was worth it? I can see that. The dominoes really don't end there; anyone with a GM car or truck would be looking at using non original parts (if they can find them) for repairs, warranties would have been worthless, spin-off businesses would have dried up, etc...

The head of Ford, as I recall, said that the bail out was vital to their survival as well because their suppliers sell to all car companies and some of them would have had to close up or lay off staff as well.

I suppose it just depends on how you look at it.
Ford didnt get a bailout. They got a loan to keep from having to get bailed out.
AGAIN, ME and YOU spent money so they could expand in OTHER countries.
BTW, GM CUT their american workforce after the bailout too.
So, yes, it depends on how you look at it. Like it you let facts get in the way of your ignorant opinion :rolleyes:

Never said they did get a bailout. I did say that the CEO of Ford stated that the bailout helped his suppliers keep their doors open. As for GM..you're correct. Companies that file bankruptcy have to satisfy all sorts of conditions to emerge; one is cutting staff. As I recall, Pontiac was euthanized because of it.
As for my opinion, I think saving the 1.5 million direct jobs and the likely 10 thousand ancillary jobs was well worth it; especially when you consider what happened to other recent bail-outs the government undertook. The Wall St. Bail Out saw their upper crust get massive bonuses. After 9/11, the airlines were bailed out as they layed off tens of thousands...

It all sucked.

Trump has been a better president than the media will ever admit. Obama was not as good of a president as the media insists he was.

Neither is a savior nor a devil, even as the extreme partisans want to make them such.

Even though trump has cancelled all of his anti-sovereign and statist bullshit?
Did we even have a 44th President?
Anderson-Cooper-laughs-thumb-375xauto-28358.jpg
An article about karma... lol

I never thought he was a good president. I saw too much of his racial BS and his screwing poor people like me. Plus, he's a stinking no good muslim.

The Great Obama is doing just fine

Obamacare is still the law of the land
Banks and auto companies are going strong
Bin Laden is still dead
The economy recovered and is going strong

The Paris accord and Iran nuclear deal will be repaired as soon as Crooked Donnie leaves office
No mandate, so Obamacare is 100% voluntary... that is a good thing
Banks and auto companies loved obama corruption
Seals killed bin laden
It’s trumps economy now

The Paris accord was a fraud...
The Iran deal was for morons

"
“The goal of Treasury’s investment in GM was never to make a profit, but to help save the American auto industry, and by any measure that effort was successful,” Treasury Department spokesman Adam Hodge said.

The U.S. bailout of GM and Chrysler, which received about $12.5 billion, saved 1.5 million jobs in the United States, according to the Center for Automotive Research."

The real question was whether or not you think the 1.5 million jobs in the US was worth it.
Dip shit, The auto bail outs were a mistake made by bush…
An Inconvenient Truth: It Was George W. Bush Who Bailed Out the Automakers | The New Yorker

Obama was a great President for the leftist haters of everything American: Hard work, integrity, honesty, Constitutional government, self defense, law enforcement, traditional family values, etc.

"

Imagine the response of Republicans is GM and Chrysler had collapsed on Obama’s watch
An Inconvenient Truth: It Was George W. Bush Who Bailed Out the Automakers | The New Yorker

"

Hey, did you know after ME and YOU bailed those fuckers out, they invest hundreds of billions in other countries?

So I'm guessing you don't think saving 1.5 million good paying jobs was worth it? I can see that. The dominoes really don't end there; anyone with a GM car or truck would be looking at using non original parts (if they can find them) for repairs, warranties would have been worthless, spin-off businesses would have dried up, etc...

The head of Ford, as I recall, said that the bail out was vital to their survival as well because their suppliers sell to all car companies and some of them would have had to close up or lay off staff as well.

We spent $1.5 trillion giving a tax cut to corporations and billionaires
Go FUCK YOURSELF!!

We didn't spend JACK SHIT giving a tax CUT. THEY simply were allowed to keep more of THEIR money.

You motherfucking asswipe. I hate fuckers like you who think you own other people's shit.
Actually, it was money we used to count on as revenue but now no longer have

We assumed debt to give a tax break to those who do not need it

"

And they came back looking for more

Bush threw money at them without conditions. The Great Obama demanded stock, demanded a reorganization, demanded labor concessions

"

And they came back looking for more

Bush threw money at them without conditions. The Great Obama demanded stock, demanded a reorganization, demanded labor concessions
Bush started the mistake and Obama made the mistake worse… Should’ve have never been done.

We spent $1.5 trillion giving a tax cut to corporations and billionaires
Go FUCK YOURSELF!!

We didn't spend JACK SHIT giving a tax CUT. THEY simply were allowed to keep more of THEIR money.

You motherfucking asswipe. I hate fuckers like you who think you own other people's shit.
Actually, it was money we used to count on as revenue but now no longer have

We assumed debt to give a tax break to those who do not need it
Obama: 'You tighten your belts' while we spend you into oblivion

The Great Obama is doing just fine

Obamacare is still the law of the land
Banks and auto companies are going strong
Bin Laden is still dead
The economy recovered and is going strong

The Paris accord and Iran nuclear deal will be repaired as soon as Crooked Donnie leaves office
No mandate, so Obamacare is 100% voluntary... that is a good thing
Banks and auto companies loved obama corruption
Seals killed bin laden
It’s trumps economy now

The Paris accord was a fraud...
The Iran deal was for morons
Yea...but....but everything stinks

The Great Obama stopped a Depression
Obamacare lives......GOP promises to provide something better proved to be a major lie....They had nothing

"

Ford didnt get a bailout. They got a loan to keep from having to get bailed out.
Ford did get federal loan guarantees primarily from the DoE green car funding initiative to fund development of advanced (more efficient) vehicle technologies (which was an existing program that other auto manufacturers took advantage of as well), however prior to the 2008 crisis Ford had already shored up its cash position by securing lines of credit against the companies assets (smart move on Alan Mulally's part, huh?), so when the crisis hit, Ford wasn't in immediate danger of insolvency like GM and Chrysler were and thus didn't need "emergency rescue" from Uncle Sugar.

Forum List

Back