do you approve of chuck schumer ?

do you approve of chuck schumer ??

• yes

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 30 75.0%

• Total voters
Does it really matter if you approve of him if you don't live in New York?

After all, it's New Yorkers like me he represents. It's not his job to be popular to everyone else.

Does it really matter if you approve of him if you don't live in New York?

After all, it's New Yorkers like me he represents. It's not his job to be popular to everyone else.

Maybe it matters if he becomes the majority leader.

He's a bit goofy, but I've got a soft spot for him. I went to school with his eldest daughter, and know the family very well.

He's a very smart guy, though, and he's got a good sense of humor. The whole media-whore thing is pretty funny though. It's just accepted in NY politics that the most dangerous place to be is between Schumer and a TV camera. Some of his nanny-state laws piss me off, but he's certainly not the worst with that either, and he represents his constituents well.

Agreed. Schumer was the DSCC chair so it was in his job description to monopolize the camera as it is w/ whomever is doing it now.

Last edited:
I approve of Schumer being replaced by a human when he comes up for reelection.

luckily you don't choose my senators.

i know it's harsh, but they can't all be tea party loons.:eusa_angel:

Isn't it something when common citizens who stand up and insist their government stop trying to be everything to everyone which is impossible both financially and if you value your individual liberties more than you do a nanny state; demand our elected representatives do their jobs and actually know what is in the bills they are going to vote to inflict on the people before the fact instead of only finding out after; stop ramming unwanted monstrosities of bills down the throats of the people against their will; demand government stop its outrageous spending spree and borrowing on a such a massive scale that most of the government budget will be spent on that debt in just a few years, stop this insane massive spending and massive borrowing every year while lying to people that there can't possibly be any bad consequences for spending more money than all the world's currency combined, stop feeding the insatiable appetite of government (politicians) that constantly seek ways to expands its growth and power and most of all, demand our elected representatives be part of the solution instead of part of the problem -are the ones idiots like you call "loons". Wow -time for a reality check.

Most people know good and well who the real loons are in this country -which is why nearly half the nation and the largest plurality of the population by far say their views more closely resemble those of the Tea Party than either of the political parties. If you REALLY can't figure out why that is remember this -most people are NOT ideologues and party hacks and they do not put the best interests of either political party before that of the nation itself. Most people are sick of the demagoguery, the nonstop parroting of whatever talking points their handlers have given them and political game playing.

And then we have the real loons who apparently just can't get enough of it.

Last edited:
He's a bit goofy, but I've got a soft spot for him. I went to school with his eldest daughter, and know the family very well.

He's a very smart guy, though, and he's got a good sense of humor. The whole media-whore thing is pretty funny though. It's just accepted in NY politics that the most dangerous place to be is between Schumer and a TV camera. Some of his nanny-state laws piss me off, but he's certainly not the worst with that either, and he represents his constituents well.

Agreed. Schumer was the DSCC chair so it was in his job description to monopolize the camera as it is w/ whomever is doing it now.

Charles Schumer was a media whore long before he was DSCC chair.

He was a media whore back when he was a 23 year old Assemblyman in the 70s.

If he was a state senator I would agree with you. But when he votes, it affects everyone in the US.

Yeah, that whole allowing people's representatives from other regions of the country to vote really throws a monkey wrench in the works, doesn't it?

Damn representative government.

Isn't it something when common citizens who stand up and insist their government stop trying to be everything to everyone which is impossible both financially and if you value your individual liberties more than you do a nanny state; demand our elected representatives do their jobs and actually know what is in the bills they are going to vote to inflict on the people before the fact instead of only finding out after; stop ramming unwanted monstrosities of bills down the throats of the people against their will; demand government stop its outrageous spending spree and borrowing on a such a massive scale that most of the government budget will be spent on that debt in just a few years, stop this insane massive spending and massive borrowing every year while lying to people that there can't possibly be any bad consequences for spending more money than all the world's currency combined, stop feeding the insatiable appetite of government (politicians) that constantly seek ways to expands its growth and power and most of all, demand our elected representatives be part of the solution instead of part of the problem -are the ones idiots like you call "loons". Wow -time for a reality check.

Most people know good and well who the real loons are in this country -which is why nearly half the nation and the largest plurality of the population by far say their views more closely resemble those of the Tea Party than either of the political parties. If you REALLY can't figure out why that is remember this -most people are NOT ideologues and party hacks and they do not put the best interests of either political party before that of the nation itself. Most people are sick of the demagoguery, the nonstop parroting of whatever talking points their handlers have given them and political game playing.

And then we have the real loons who apparently just can't get enough of it.

Yeah, if you want to base the merit of a philosophy on how popular it is at a given point in time...

...you should look at the latest polls before making a statement like the one you just did.

The approval rating for the 2-year-old movement fell to 32 percent in a CNN/Opinion Research corporation poll released Wednesday, the lowest it’s been since CNN first polled on the tea party in January 2010.

Forty-seven percent of Americans, meanwhile, said they have an unfavorable view of the movement, a higher negative percentage than ever. An additional 7 percent said they’d never heard of the movement, and 14 percent said they had no opinion.

Poll: Americans cooling on tea party - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

And, again, since we're talking about the representative of the people of the state of New York, it doesn't matter at all what the "Tea Party" thinks about him. The United States is what's called a "Representative Democracy". Perhaps you've heard of it.

That means that people who live in New York, who are generally not members of the "Tea Party", get to have a say in the way the Federal Government is run.

Last edited:
One doesn't have to make a list as to why Schumer is a Piece of Shit.

He is a certified blatant lefty LibTURD with all that implies.

Period.

End of Story.

Chuck Schemer's a power grabbing horses ass who has no grasp of reality and no respect for anyone but himself. Other then that he's OK.

Least he's not telling bold face lies in the halls of Congress.

Dude, you couldn't fill a Volkswagon Beetle with the politicians in congress not telling bold face lies in the halls of Congress

And?

Schumer would be driving that Beetle. What ever else he is..he is not a liar.

Charles Schumer was a media whore long before he was DSCC chair.

He was a media whore back when he was a 23 year old Assemblyman in the 70s.

This is bad how?

I want him in front of the cameras advocating for my state.

We get fucked enough.

Dude, you couldn't fill a Volkswagon Beetle with the politicians in congress not telling bold face lies in the halls of Congress

And?

Schumer is such a gross Obamarrhoidal Piece of Shit that any possible lie he can spew out would not match the ultimate fecal matter he inundates his audience with.

This is bad how?

We get fucked enough.

He isn't "advocating for your state." He's advocating to fuck everyone up the ass who works for a living and actually produces something people want to buy.

Of course he is.

Do you know how you can tell Schumer is lying? His lips are moving.

Remember, he's the one who was recorded how he always calls everything the Republicans propose "extremist."

Schumar is a lying piece of shit, just like every other Democrat.

This is bad how?

We get fucked enough.

He isn't "advocating for your state." He's advocating to fuck everyone up the ass who works for a living and actually produces something people want to buy.

No.

He's advocating AGAINST the New Aristocracy the Conservatives so want.

Sorry.

We aren't creating a new royalty...no matter how much conservatives stamp their feet and whine that they want one.

And?

Schumer is such a gross Obamarrhoidal Piece of Shit that any possible lie he can spew out would not match the ultimate fecal matter he inundates his audience with.

Least he's not shill for the tobbacy industry handing out checks on the floor of Congress.

Like the crying tan man Boehner.

Proud of that?

Forum List

Back