do you approve of chuck schumer ?

do you approve of chuck schumer ??

• yes

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 30 75.0%

• Total voters
That..had nothing to do with Schumer and everything to do with the "Heartland" minded Conservatives who believe the fly over states should have what amounts to 2 votes per person without paying for it.

You mean libs like Schumer didn't vote for all those welfare programs that you don't want people in the middle of the country to get?

The founding fathers are the ones who decided that each state would have two Senators. It appears you object to the Constitution. Nothing unusual for a lib.

Hilarious.

The Constitution was written by liberals and fought against, vehmently, by Conservatives.

They later went up against Washington during the Whiskey Rebellion, and again fought the Union and the Constitution during the Civil War..because they wanted to keep Human Beings as slaves.

fluff

You mean libs like Schumer didn't vote for all those welfare programs that you don't want people in the middle of the country to get?

The founding fathers are the ones who decided that each state would have two Senators. It appears you object to the Constitution. Nothing unusual for a lib.

Hilarious.

The Constitution was written by liberals and fought against, vehmently, by Conservatives.

They later went up against Washington during the Whiskey Rebellion, and again fought the Union and the Constitution during the Civil War..because they wanted to keep Human Beings as slaves.

fluff

I don't know about all that, but it is true that Lincoln, often considered the father of the Republican party, did more to centralize power with the federal government than any president except Roosevelt... While the southern states were obviously strong supporters of a small central government, and "states rights".

That does sound somewhat familiar when taken in the context of modern politics, except the parties are reversed.

OH THATS RIGHT... New York just closed it's state deficit, thanks to the work of our DEMOCRATIC governor. :clap2:

What's the state income tax? Highest in the nation, isn't it?

Not even close. I believe Hawaii takes that honor, with a high-end tax bracket rate of a whopping 11%. New York is in the mid-8's for the highest bracket, and is beat by quite a large number of states for both average rate and top tax rate.

The Tax Foundation - State Individual Income Tax Rates, 2000-2011

MISLEADING!

That considers ONLY income tax.

Here is a more complete analysis: The Tax Tale: 50-state comparison - JSOnline

Conclusion, NY vies for number 1, consistently. Currently at number 2. Alaska took number one.

HOWEVER: See, http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/471.html Fascinating little chart up to 2009.

What's the state income tax? Highest in the nation, isn't it?

Not even close. I believe Hawaii takes that honor, with a high-end tax bracket rate of a whopping 11%. New York is in the mid-8's for the highest bracket, and is beat by quite a large number of states for both average rate and top tax rate.

MISLEADING!

Conclusion, NY vies for number 1, consistently. Currently at number 2. Alaska took number one.

HOWEVER: See, The Tax Foundation - New York's State and Local Tax Burden, 1977-2009 Fascinating little chart up to 2009.

Ahh, but see, that is also misleading.

1. New York has a very high cost-of-living, and therefore has a very high proportion of people in the higher tax brackets. So, yes, taxes are higher per capita, because people make more money per capita. They also pay a hell of a lot more for just about everything, but that's besides the point.

2. New York has a very large number of people that don't own property (they live in the city and rent), thus they don't pay property tax, and also don't own cars, so they don't pay any motor vehicle taxes. I was one of these people up until a couple of years back, and my tax/fee burden was minimal.

3. The selective sales tax includes Cigarette tax which is one of the highest in the nation, and this category makes up 8% of total tax revenue. Obviously these taxes don't apply to most of the people in the state, and there are a hell of a lot less people that smoke in New York these days, especially in the city, so the tax appears to be having it's desired effect.

MISLEADING!

HOWEVER: See, The Tax Foundation - New York's State and Local Tax Burden, 1977-2009 Fascinating little chart up to 2009.

Ahh, but see, that is also misleading.

1. New York has a very high cost-of-living, and therefore has a very high proportion of people in the higher tax brackets. So, yes, taxes are higher per capita, because people make more money per capita. They also pay a hell of a lot more for just about everything, but that's besides the point.

2. New York has a very large number of people that don't own property (they live in the city and rent), thus they don't pay property tax, and also don't own cars, so they don't pay any motor vehicle taxes. I was one of these people up until a couple of years back, and my tax/fee burden was minimal.

3. The selective sales tax includes Cigarette tax which is one of the highest in the nation, and this category makes up 8% of total tax revenue. Obviously these taxes don't apply to most of the people in the state, and there are a hell of a lot less people that smoke in New York these days, especially in the city, so the tax appears to be having it's desired effect.

Using the tax code to regulate behaviour.... interesting.

Forum List

Back