Do the Malthusian Eugenicists ever Quit?

Value bubbles fueled by printing up jillions of $ in worthless fiat currency don't count.

I don't recall the bet having any set-asides for monetary policy, Tom.
Monetary policy and ag policy that misallocates billions of bushels of crop are always relevant.

You're not saying that outside interference in a wager is acceptable, are you?

Value bubbles fueled by printing up jillions of $ in worthless fiat currency don't count.

Monetary policy and ag policy that misallocates billions of bushels of crop are always relevant.

I'm saying that the wager didn't have a caveat for outside policy - and I don't think bad ag and monetary policy was implemented in order that Simon lose a bet...

Last edited:

I'm saying that the wager didn't have a caveat for outside policy.
So gubmint putting it's big thumb on the scale is fine with you.

Glad we cleared that up.

I'm saying that the wager didn't have a caveat for outside policy.
So gubmint putting it's big thumb on the scale is fine with you.

Glad we cleared that up.

Was there a caveat in the bet about gubmint thumbs?

But getting back on track here....

"It is a simple fact of basic physics that the earth's resources are limited and serve as a constraint on population growth. Denying as much is denying the most basic principles of science."

In other words, people require stock-flow resources to survive. Those resources are limited. While we can get more and more efficient at using them, the fact remains that adding people adds to the need for this flow of resources, and at some point our population exceeds the ability of those resources to replenish or be replaced. That is, again, just simple physics. The only question is whether we will have any price-signal to indicate we are beyond that rate.

But getting back on track here....

"It is a simple fact of basic physics that the earth's resources are limited and serve as a constraint on population growth. Denying as much is denying the most basic principles of science."

In other words, people require stock-flow resources to survive. Those resources are limited. While we can get more and more efficient at using them, the fact remains that adding people adds to the need for this flow of resources, and at some point our population exceeds the ability of those resources to replenish or be replaced. That is, again, just simple physics. The only question is whether we will have any price-signal to indicate we are beyond that rate.
The vague "finite resources" straw dog was used by both Mathus and Ehrlich, who both failed to take into account that technology doesn't stand still and that technologically advanced societies trend toward zero population growth, as a matter of course.

As it is in practically every other instance, civil and economic liberty, along with the technological advances that come with them, have something in it for everyone.

The left wing has always been in favor of eugenics.

From historic libs such as Karl Marx, Darwin, George Shaw, to Ruth Ginsberg.

And we find out that the founder of Planned Parenthood stated her mission was to rid the world of "...negroes and morons.." and founded her abortion mission.............and THIS is the organization that Obama and Clinton PRAISED!!!! They organization founded on the grounds of ridding the world of negroes and they praise it?

Supreme Court justice Ginsberg, who liberals worship, stated her disappointment in that abortion legalization didnt rid the world of "unwanted populations".

College professor idol George Shaw wanted to invent a "humane gas" and play classical music as they extinguished unwanted peoples. And guess who was a big reader of Shaw's work? You guessed it, Hitler. Thats where the gas chamber idea literally came from.

Liberals are disgusting, filthy minds. Some know it. Others are just brainwashed, and would likely reject liberalism if they knew it's history.

Face it, they want Body Parts.

And the leftover bits can be used to make Soylent Green.

As the American Indians taught us, never waste any part of the animal.

The only question is whether we will have any price-signal to indicate we are beyond that rate.
That signal will be when people start bulldozing subdivisions in the San Fernando Valley and replant orange groves.

@ a rate of 500 foreclosures per month, with almost a thousand monthly notices of default...well...
Gimmie a call when the land becomes more valuable for agriculture than housing again.

Forum List

Back