Do right wingers actually ‘like’ America?

I have been on this site a few years now and have read tens of thousands of posts from right wingers. Maybe more. However, for the life of me I can’t recall a post from a right winger about actually liking America.

So here is my question. Do right wingers actually ‘like’ America?

Do they like its:
  • Diversity?
  • People?
  • Great cities?
  • Unparalleled art?
  • Roaring industry?
  • Unmatched Federal Park system?
  • Freedom of, and from religion?
  • Free speech, which includes the right to criticize other’s speech?
  • Rule of Law?
  • Accountability of leaders?
Do they feel patriotic paying their taxes to strengthen the country? Or do they hate it all? It’s diversity, people, cities, freedom, speech, laws, and duties like paying taxes? Based on posts here, I really can’t tell if they like this place. It is a constant caricature of failed civics and decaying blight that I dont see in this country where I travel extensively.

I do know they like their flag merch. But do they like the country? Jury is out.

Not too long ago Damon Linker profiled conservative intellectuals whose writings, he argued, helps explain where the MAGA right is coming from. If you read the works he cited you’d see the dire portrait they paint of the state of our nation. I don’t think they like it here.

Liberals like American industry? Except when it's not "greeeeen" enough, or (gasp!) is too profitable.

Funny how liberals try to paint it as "patriotic" when people are forced to surrender their hard-earned money at gun point (also known as "taxes"), but it's conservatives who are more likely to donate to charity or (gasp!) get off their asses and really do something for those in need.
Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society…….Oliver Wendell Holmes

It's also not righties who burn and sack cities when they don't get their way.
Well said.

let’s put it this way. Here is what American patriots don’t like about the country some of which is brought to us by left-wing politicians, or nothing is done about it by politicians including Republicans.

The USA in the modern area is inclusive of but not limited to,

-BLM rioting in 2020 resulting in the death of 25 people and injuries of thousands of people, billions of dollars worth of damage. Attack on democracy and government institutions throughout the country.

-Men being able to play on women’s sports teams.

-flash mob looting

- Doubling of home prices and home loan prices rising 3xunder Biden.

- Conservatives including Trump banned for providing their viewpoint on YouTube, Twitter and or Facebook in 2020….while blm/left wing views went unabated

- Record homelessness in the USA under Joe Biden according to the LA times

- the rise of “wokeness” resulting in anti-American hatred. Sports teams like the Cleveland Indians and Washington Redskins renaming their teams not due to popular demand but due to a minority mob.

So far lefties in this thread have attempted to argue against a few points listed above. They’ve ignored some of the other points. what they’ve done is bring up conservatives boycotting something which is entirely different compared to a movie star, comedian, or athlete being fired due not to popular opinion but minority mob threats.

I have been on this site a few years now and have read tens of thousands of posts from right wingers. Maybe more. However, for the life of me I can’t recall a post from a right winger about actually liking America.

Do they like its:
  • Diversity?
  • People?
  • Great cities?
  • Unparalleled art?
  • Roaring industry?
  • Rule of Law?
Do they feel patriotic paying their taxes to strengthen the country? Or do they hate it all? It’s diversity, people, cities, freedom, speech, laws, and duties like paying taxes? Based on posts here, I really can’t tell if they like this place. It is a constant caricature of failed civics and decaying blight that I dont see in this country where I travel extensively.

I do know they like their flag merch. But do they like the country? Jury is out.

Not too long ago Damon Linker profiled conservative intellectuals whose writings, he argued, helps explain where the MAGA right is coming from. If you read the works he cited you’d see the dire portrait they paint of the state of our nation. I don’t think they like it here.

Like the national parks established by Teddy Roosevelt? National forests? Federal bird reserves? National game preserves? National monuments?

Do they like its:
  • Diversity?
  • People?
  • Great cities?
  • Unparalleled art?
  • Roaring industry?
  • Rule of Law?

Liberals are violently hostile to all religions except those they are afraid of, and of course "The Church of the State."

Funny how liberals try to paint it as "patriotic" when people are forced to surrender their hard-earned money at gun point (also known as "taxes"), but it's conservatives who are more likely to donate to charity or (gasp!) get off their asses and really do something for those in need.

conservatives are only more likely to donate to charity when you count their local church as a charity.

Like the national parks established by Teddy Roosevelt? National forests? Federal bird reserves? National game preserves? National monuments?
Teddy Roosevelt was a Republican but not a Conservative
He was one of our most Progressive Presidents

Most Teachers know that

Last edited:

Do they like its:
  • Diversity?
  • People?
  • Great cities?
  • Unparalleled art?
  • Roaring industry?
  • Rule of Law?

Liberals chant "Free Speech" but are the first to shout down anyone daring to express speech they don't like.

Do they like its:
  • Diversity?
  • People?
  • Great cities?
  • Unparalleled art?
  • Roaring industry?
  • Rule of Law?

Liberals pick and choose which laws are important enough to enforce and adhere to.

Do they like its:
  • Diversity?
  • People?
  • Great cities?
  • Unparalleled art?
  • Roaring industry?
  • Rule of Law?

The bolded are nowhere to be found. This is just projection.

Do they like its:
  • Diversity?
  • People?
  • Great cities?
  • Unparalleled art?
  • Roaring industry?
  • Rule of Law?

Liberals never hold the "leaders" they install (legitimately or not) accountable unless they are of the "wrong" party.

Do they like its:
  • Diversity?
  • People?
  • Great cities?
  • Unparalleled art?
  • Roaring industry?
  • Rule of Law?

gaslighter girl.jpg

Forum List

Back