Do it for Trayvon, 100 blacks beat two whites

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Katzndogz, May 1, 2012.

1. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    A beating at Church and Brambleton | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Wave after wave of young men surged forward to take turns punching and kicking their victim.

The victim's friend, a young woman, tried to pull him back into his car. Attackers came after her, pulling her hair, punching her head and causing a bloody scratch to the surface of her eye. She called 911. A recording told her all lines were busy. She called again. Busy. On her third try, she got through and, hysterical, could scream only their location.

Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton.

It happened four blocks from where they work, here at The Virginian-Pilot.

Two weeks have passed since reporters Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami - friends to me and many others at the newspaper - were attacked on a Saturday night as they drove home from a show at the Attucks Theatre. They had stopped at a red light, in a crowd of at least 100 young people walking on the sidewalk. Rostami locked her car door. Someone threw a rock at her window. Forster got out to confront the rock-thrower, and that's when the beating began.

Forster and Rostami wondered if the officer who answered their call treated all crime victims the same way. When Rostami, who admits she was hysterical, tried to describe what had happened, she says the officer told her to shut up and get in the car. Both said the officer did not record any names of witnesses who stopped to help. Rostami said the officer told them the attackers were "probably juveniles anyway. What are we going to do? Find their parents and tell them?"

The officer pointed to public housing in the area and said large groups of teenagers look for trouble on the weekends. "It's what they do," he told Forster.

Could that be true? Could violent mobs of teens be so commonplace in Norfolk that police and victims have no recourse?

Forster searched Twitter for mention of the attack.

One post chilled him.

"I feel for the white man who got beat up at the light," wrote one person.

"I don't," wrote another, indicating laughter. "(do it for trayvon martin)"

Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teen, died after being shot by a community watch captain with white and Hispanic parents, George Zimmerman, in Florida.

Forster and Rostami, both white, suffered a beating at the hands of a crowd of black teenagers.

Once the people figure out that they really have no recourse, that the police won't help them, that there is a tacit license to kill them, they will take their own defense into their own hands.

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,769
    What bullshit. Was it you that tweeted that line "I don't" and where is the link to the tweet you race baiting asswipe?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Swagger

Swagger Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,505
    One of a mob made up of a hundred people throws a rock at the car and one of them gets out to confront them?! Has he got a death wish, or something?

4. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    I would like to see the police reports.

Gee I wonder why they were not included in the story

5. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    What makes anyone think there would be a police report?

I would like to see one person, just one, pull out a handgun and teach the ones who live a lesson. Then reload.

6. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,300
    You just accused the OP of tweeting the line mentioned in the newspaper editorial? What do you base that on? Your personal opinion that anyone who brings up the fact that blacks assault whites in this country far more than the other way around is a "race baiting asswipe"?

Why should anyone treat your opinion with respect when it's so obviously biased?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,769
    Information No results found for "I feel for the white man who got beat up at the light" site:twitter.com.

8. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,300
    Amazing comment...

You don't ask why it is that someone would throw a rock at a car window of two completely innocent people who happend to be driving through a certain neighborhood but you do question the intelligence of the man who had the intestinal fortitude to confront those that did?

9. Swagger

Swagger Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,505
    I'm not questioning his intelligence, I'm questioning his judgement of the situation. What did he think the perpetrator's reaction would be with such strength in numbers? That he would've apologised? I doubt it. Intestinal fortitude aside, I would've cut my losses and made a hasty exit rather than confront a vandal who stood among a mob of a hundred strong.

10. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,300
    Perhaps you should change your British flag to a French one then...