Do Americans Know How Much Trouble They’re In?

kissing+ass.jpg

Priceless !!! (and accurate to boot)

I've said and believed that the US has survived other attacks on our constitution and democracy and that we will survive this one too.

But, I can't remember another president openly praising one dictator after another, attacking our democracy and constitution as well as attacking democracy around the world.

I can't remember another time when a political party and voters have embraced Communism, Fascism, nazi-ism, kkk and attacked our constitution.

Or a time when so many people are against the long history the US has with the rule of law.

There's also the refusal to support the taxpayer, jobs, openly sending jobs and manufacturing out of the country. Not all RWNJs are 1% and yet they support the very wealthy even though it harms them.

Biggest is the wilful ignorance of climate change and what it means to their children and grand children.

Why America is at a Crossroads in History — and There Might Not be Any Way Back to Normal, Sane, or Civilized
1*zIpQ77R4F-Q82IVt4uP3TA.jpeg

A President who invokes absolute authority to…pardon himself. An ambassador to Germany who declares he wants to…topple the German government. Senators — the most powerful people in democracy, save the President — knocking on the door of a “detainment center”, looking for kids separated from their parents, only to be denied by guards who…laugh at them contemptuously, call the police, and have them shooed away like nobodies.

Do Americans understand how much trouble they’re now in? How grave the threat to America’s constitutional democracy, its civil society, its place in the world, and its ongoing survival is? Now. When I ask this question, you’ll protest: “Of course I do!” (or perhaps “You’re overstating it!!”, in which case the answer is already…no.) But I don’t mean you, yourself. I am asking you to ask yourself about everyone else, perhaps the mythical average American.

Here is a truth you would probably rather not hear.

America is at a crossroads. A point of no return. A democratic society cannot really survive the three assaults above, and go on being one. They may seem like just daily events in the ongoing sad saga of a troubled nation — but they are not just that. They contain great significance to history, which I feel American intellectuals are doing a poor job of interpreting and presenting to the American people. Let me take them one by one.

Least we not forget this one.
kissing+ass.jpg

Thinker101 Grow a pair.

This is all that chickenshit RWNJs have.

Rather than face FACTS and address the OP, just the usual hiding behind lies.

FACT is Obama killed more terrorists than anyone in history.

Lying trump has killed more innocent civilians in 8 months than Obama did in 8 years but you pretended you care about that too.

Thinker101 Grow a pair.
Lying trump has killed more innocent civilians in 8 months than Obama did in 8 years but you pretended you care about that too.

LIES!!!!
This is what happens when you watch CNN and MSNBC too much.

I've said and believed that the US has survived other attacks on our constitution and democracy and that we will survive this one too.

But, I can't remember another president openly praising one dictator after another, attacking our democracy and constitution as well as attacking democracy around the world.

I can't remember another time when a political party and voters have embraced Communism, Fascism, nazi-ism, kkk and attacked our constitution.

Or a time when so many people are against the long history the US has with the rule of law.

There's also the refusal to support the taxpayer, jobs, openly sending jobs and manufacturing out of the country. Not all RWNJs are 1% and yet they support the very wealthy even though it harms them.

Biggest is the wilful ignorance of climate change and what it means to their children and grand children.

Why America is at a Crossroads in History — and There Might Not be Any Way Back to Normal, Sane, or Civilized
1*zIpQ77R4F-Q82IVt4uP3TA.jpeg

A President who invokes absolute authority to…pardon himself. An ambassador to Germany who declares he wants to…topple the German government. Senators — the most powerful people in democracy, save the President — knocking on the door of a “detainment center”, looking for kids separated from their parents, only to be denied by guards who…laugh at them contemptuously, call the police, and have them shooed away like nobodies.

Do Americans understand how much trouble they’re now in? How grave the threat to America’s constitutional democracy, its civil society, its place in the world, and its ongoing survival is? Now. When I ask this question, you’ll protest: “Of course I do!” (or perhaps “You’re overstating it!!”, in which case the answer is already…no.) But I don’t mean you, yourself. I am asking you to ask yourself about everyone else, perhaps the mythical average American.

Here is a truth you would probably rather not hear.

America is at a crossroads. A point of no return. A democratic society cannot really survive the three assaults above, and go on being one. They may seem like just daily events in the ongoing sad saga of a troubled nation — but they are not just that. They contain great significance to history, which I feel American intellectuals are doing a poor job of interpreting and presenting to the American people. Let me take them one by one.

Least we not forget this one.
kissing+ass.jpg

Thinker101 Grow a pair.

Ok slick, was there a deal?....no there was NOT a deal. You need to fricken pay closer attention.

Here's a couple presidents accepting being submissive to the saudis. How 'bout trump's bow and curtsey and ain't bush jr. sweet, walking hand in hand with the prince? And these are muslims remember. Something about money that will make some people roll over and bark like dogs and stoop and bow even before muslims. Remember how much trump hated them? He probably still does but looks like he'll lick their hind ends and maybe sell out his country if the price is right, which is scary.

picture of bush and saudi prince at ranch - Google Search:

Here's a couple presidents accepting being submissive to the saudis. How 'bout trump's bow and curtsey and ain't bush jr. sweet, walking hand in hand with the prince? And these are muslims remember. Something about money that will make some people roll over and bark like dogs and stoop and bow even before muslims. Remember how much trump hated them? He probably still does but looks like he'll lick their hind ends and maybe sell out his country if the price is right, which is scary.

Really!? Trump is at least 6" taller, WTF.

When you can show me a video of Trump kissing a Saudi's hands and ass like Obama did, then you'll have something.
This is propaganda and a hysterical over inflation of a well known common courtesy that ALL present gave to each other. Like shaking hands.

But you desperate loons want sooooo badly to believe Trump is a weak as your boy it's pathetic. Laughable.

This video is Snowflake DESPERATION.

Actually I do care. That’s why I voted for him and not more of this left wing failure obie dropped on us.

i'm not at all surprised you feel that way buttercup.

Sloppy ghey man pass duly noted.

lol... i'm female, you dolt.
We refuse to use your chosen pronouns dude.

don't worries- it's obvious how you hate fact & truth.
When fact and truth by the left can’t even discern between male and female you’re facts and truth kinda go down the shitter. When you can’t get basic biology down why would I trust you for anything else.

Well, that won't win any debates for you. You win based on the merit of your arguments, not your gender.

Then why do most of your "arguments" consist of some juvenile gif?

Oh. Because that's what you are. Juvenile.

How about actually addressing the facts/opinions of the posts?

Give us a damn LINK to him saying he wants to get rid of the CONSTITUTION! Prove your point, or slink away!

I have.

You didn't read them then and you wouldn't now.

Grow a pair and educate yourself.

Seriuosly. Why is it that RWNJs are unable to learn even the most simple act of researching and reading?

Look at the threads about NFL kneeling. RWNJs never ever ever ever ever ever know its their constitutional right. They never know it and never learn it. Normal people learned it in the 6th grade. At the latest.

BTW, most recent thread I posted on trump's attacks on the constitution is the CZ forum. Read it. Or don't.
Nobody on the right ever said it wasn’t Constitutional to kneel. We said it was a scumbag move for a multi millionaire athlete to do.

To answer the OP, no, they do not.

Here's the deal: All nations end. Someday, the United States will end, the question is just when, and under what circumstances. Small Republics may get swallowed up by a larger neighbor, as Venice was by the Ottoman Empire, but history has shown us with eerie detail how large Republics - such as we are - end, and it has little to do with our size, population, unabashed patriotism, bountiful resources, advanced science, or indomitable military. The basic template is that a powerful speaker builds a large following of the 'common people' through fear of loss of culture, retaliation against real or perceived corruption, and the promise of stability by blaming all of their problems on an 'other' group of people. This rising political figure typically uses arguments heavy with populism, nativism, anti-elitism, anti-intellectualism, xenophobia, presented with a down-to-earth, I'm-one-of-you appeal; their campaign or campaigns are heavy on anti-media crackdowns, love for the military, encouragement of violence against their opponents, insults and rhetoric, the disregard of popular customs, and a very flexible relationship with the truth. Stop me if any of this seems familiar.

The Founding Fathers, brilliant as they were, knew this. They were also nice enough to write for us The Federalist Papers, which were essentially the designer's notes behind the Constitution, and in the very first one, Hamilton wrote:
"[A] dangerous ambition more often lurks behind the specious mask of zeal for the rights of the people than under the forbidden appearance of zeal for the firmness and efficiency of government. History will teach us that the former has been found a much more certain road to the introduction of despotism than the latter, and that of those men who have overturned the liberties of republics, the greatest number have begun their career by paying an obsequious court to the people; commencing demagogues, and ending tyrants."

So they built in the checks and balances we all learned about in 10th grade Government class. One of these was the Electoral College, designed specifically to prevent this kind of populist leader that they knew was a weakness in our type of system. The idea was that a state's votes would then be reported to an educated and respected leader, who had the right - and in fact, the duty - to change that vote if he suspected that it was the result of an uninformed, emotional public riled up in this way. Hamilton again, in Federalist Papers 68:
"The process of election affords a moral certainty, that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications. Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity, may alone suffice to elevate a man to the first honors in a single State; but it will require other talents, and a different kind of merit, to establish him in the esteem and confidence of the whole Union, or of so considerable a portion of it as would be necessary to make him a successful candidate for the distinguished office of President of the United States."

Unfortunately, little by little over the years, states passed laws requiring that the Electors reflect the votes of the states, or heavily fining and/or replacing those that cast their vote otherwise. Their intents may have been noble, but the effect was that the function of the Electoral College reversed, so that instead of providing a check against those Hamilton called demagogues, it legitimized them. This left the door open for one of these types of populist leaders to win the White House. President Trump is the first who fits the mold, which he does with eerie accuracy, of the exact type of person who can bring an end to this Republic. Not a crisis, not a recession, not an international embarrassment or us suffering a loss of face or status of the worldwide stage, but a complete end to the United States.

That is, of course, not a foregone conclusion (and more than a little dramatic). It would be an overstatement to say that he will bring down this country, but when this country does come to an end - as it will someday - it will happen at the hands of someone just like him doing exactly what he is doing. That alone terrifies me.

So yeah, no matter which side of the fence you perch, whether you like the President or despise everything he stands for and no matter how well or poorly you think things are going, American and world history, or the realities of politics says that they are worse.

Those links were hilarious. I loved the one where Trump is not allowed to question the press. I bet that one used unnamed sources.

Well, that won't win any debates for you. You win based on the merit of your arguments, not your gender.

Then why do most of your "arguments" consist of some juvenile gif?

Oh. Because that's what you are. Juvenile.

How about actually addressing the facts/opinions of the posts?

Give us a damn LINK to him saying he wants to get rid of the CONSTITUTION! Prove your point, or slink away!

I have.

You didn't read them then and you wouldn't now.

Grow a pair and educate yourself.

Seriuosly. Why is it that RWNJs are unable to learn even the most simple act of researching and reading?

Look at the threads about NFL kneeling. RWNJs never ever ever ever ever ever know its their constitutional right. They never know it and never learn it. Normal people learned it in the 6th grade. At the latest.

BTW, most recent thread I posted on trump's attacks on the constitution is the CZ forum. Read it. Or don't.

See, I knew it......YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

NFL kneeling has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING. If the government told you that you could not do it, you have a point. But if the fans, or the NFL, or the President as person disagrees with the policy, that means NOTHING!

Did Trump FORCE them to stop kneeling? Nope!

You are complete asshat who has no idea what you are talking about, thus are just pushing the regurgitation of a narrative you heard somewhere!

You know what! I actually periodically watch MSNBC, or CNN...….to see what the other side is saying. Problem is------>everytime I do, it is like I am rubber necking a train wreck in traffic. It is a joke, you are a joke, now go get educated before you flap your lefty jaws!

LOL! Let's see: Every major economic indicator is up, and in many cases up to levels we haven't seen in 15-20 years. The military is being rebuilt and the troops getting a decent raise. North Korea is talking about de-nuclearizing. We've made more progress against ISIS in the last 16 months than we did in the last three years of Obama's presidency, to the point that ISIS controls virtually no territory now. Most middle-income taxpayers have seen their monthly take-home pay rise by anywhere from $80 to $400, thanks to the Trump tax cuts. American companies are bringing back hundreds of billions of dollars from overseas, thanks to the Trump tax cuts. And on and on we could go.

Forum List

Back