Disinformation is enemy #1.

The way he speaks about them clearly indicates he envies the control they exert over the counties they control. His fawning praise of Orban should have resulted in immediate blowback from all those who want to protect democracy. And it did. But we didn't hear a peep from MAGAists unless it was in Don's defense.
When war comes to the Euro continent against you will still trying to spin it.

So you would be in favor of Russia or N. Korea establishing media companies here in the US and spewing overt anti-American propaganda and lies 24/7? Sort of a lessor version of Faux.
Let's turn that around. Would we champion an American company having the freedom to broadcast OUR beliefs into NK and Russia? I'll come down on the side of, "we'll give you the freedom you give us", when dealing with international voices. American voices, be they sane or even from the left, need to be unfettered because of the reasons I posted. We have a first Amendment for a reason, and we see what happens when the government gains the power to silence voices. We see the government doing things all the time for stated reasons that quickly vanish when implemented. Examples:

1. Lottery. Governments piously promise that lottery revenue will go to fund schools and the children. Reality? Within a few years at most, lottery funds disappear into the general fund with a token at best going to schools.
2. Tobacco taxes. Same thing, governments piously promise to fund healthcare with the additional revenue from new taxes. Reality? Within a few years at most, the additional revenue disappears into the general fund with a token at best going to healthcare.

The bottom line is, when government gets a new power, it never lets it go and abuses it for the government's advantage.

Let's turn that around. Would we champion an American company having the freedom to broadcast OUR beliefs into NK and Russia? I'll come down on the side of, "we'll give you the freedom you give us", when dealing with international voices. American voices, be they sane or even from the left, need to be unfettered because of the reasons I posted. We have a first Amendment for a reason, and we see what happens when the government gains the power to silence voices. We see the government doing things all the time for stated reasons that quickly vanish when implemented. Examples:

1. Lottery. Governments piously promise that lottery revenue will go to fund schools and the children. Reality? Within a few years at most, lottery funds disappear into the general fund with a token at best going to schools.
2. Tobacco taxes. Same thing, governments piously promise to fund healthcare with the additional revenue from new taxes. Reality? Within a few years at most, the additional revenue disappears into the general fund with a token at best going to healthcare.

The bottom line is, when government gets a new power, it never lets it go and abuses it for the government's advantage.
This case isn't about outright government control. It's about the extent to which government can try to influence social media platforms in not spreading propaganda. Whether it be from foreign adversaries or internal ones like Trump.

Supreme Court Sets Rules for Blocking Citizens From Officials’ Accounts

The Supreme Court, in a pair of unanimous decisions on Friday, added some clarity to a vexing constitutional puzzle: how to decide when elected officials violate the First Amendment by blocking people from their social media accounts.

Justice Amy Coney Barrett, writing for the court in the lead case, said two things are required before officials may be sued by people they have blocked. The officials must have been empowered to speak for the government on the issues they addressed on their sites, she wrote, and they must have used that authority in the posts in question.

The court did not apply the new standard to the cases before them, involving a city manager in Port Huron, Mich., and two members of a school board in California. Instead, it returned the cases to lower courts to perform that task.

The cases were the first of several this term in which the Supreme Court is considering how the First Amendment applies to social media. The court heard arguments last month on whether states may prohibit large technology platforms from removing posts based on the views they express, and it will consider on Monday whether Biden administration officials may contact social media platforms to combat what they say is misinformation.

These are complicated and enormously consequential issues.

They should, but they don't have to. That part you seem to be forgetting. Is that a reason to side with our enemies and abandon our allies by telling Russia to do whatever they want with them? That is probably the most traitorous, if not outright dumbest statements to ever come out of the mouth of a US president. The US is the head of the most powerful alliance in the history of the world and Trump wants to leave NATO so he can help his buddy, Putin. This weak scumbag is who you pray to 3 times a day? You're lost. smh

Actually it's more like 13 trillion, but why not include Trump who added 8 trillion in just 4 years? And how does leaving NATO solve our debt? Are we somehow going to decide we won't to spend money on the military now? :icon_rolleyes:

Obama 8 trillion
Trump 8 trillion
Biden 5 trillion

They should, but they don't have to.

NATO members don't have to live up to their commitments?
Why not?
Do they speak Russian already?

Is that a reason to side with our enemies and abandon our allies

Leave Obama out of this.

Obama's debt was closer to $10 trillion than $8 trillion.
The debt the day Biden took office was $27.7 trillion, it's $34.5 trillion today.
That's $6.8 trillion and he still has 10 more months to fuck us up even more.

Trump voters tell NBC Reporter that ‘Russia is not our enemy’​

I, along with I'm sure many others, have made the point our self governance relies on an informed, engaged electorate.

If someone would like to explain to me how these MAGAists came to believe the things they said if not for RWM disinformation I'd like to hear it.

Biden and his Marxist Cabinet are far greater threats to America than Russia could ever hope to be.

Biden and his Marxist Cabinet are far greater threats to America than Russia could ever hope to be.
When you sat down to write that little bit of nonsense, what in your addled mind made you think it would be in any way persuasive? Or do you just feel compelled to spew your idiocy on this board to satisfy a sophomoric impulse?

When you sat down to write that little bit of nonsense, what in your addled mind made you think it would be in any way persuasive? Or do you just feel compelled to spew your idiocy on this board to satisfy a sophomoric impulse?
Holy PROJECTION Batman!!!!
:rolleyes:

Any sensible person would recognize that Biden's immigration policy (or the lack thereof); and his use of the American tax dollar to further foreign wars (instead of using it to help Americans); and his woke agenda (instead of holding to a moral standard) are all whittling away at a strong and vibrant America. I don't mean to make you overwork your two braincells but it is what it is.

This case isn't about outright government control. It's about the extent to which government can try to influence social media platforms in not spreading propaganda. Whether it be from foreign adversaries or internal ones like Trump.
Hmmm, "Try to influence". Let's look at that term masquerading as innocent and stuff. The government doesn't "try to influence", it demands submission.

When it goes from "This is the official, Party approved narrative, and we'll post it under our duly created login so it can be seen along with all the other voices. We understand you own this platform and you can decide to censor it if you want", to "This is the official, Party approved narrative, and we'd better see it promoted as truth. Anything that disagrees with it had better be labelled misinformation or you might start having problems with your license to run a business, and the IRS will scrutinize you a whole lot more", there is a problem, and before you pretend otherwise, that's exactly how government operates.

And don't think I didn't notice your little bit of disinformation about TRUMP!.

The government should not have the power to silence voices, full stop. Why?

1. That power WILL be used to silence opposition. All that needs to happen to bring that home is for the opposition to gain power and use it against you.
2. "Harm democracy" very quickly becomes, "harm the Party", and we see around the world what happens after that.

Far better to allow leftwing lies to be voiced than give the government power to silence voices.

No one should be allowed to spread dangerous lies during a pandemic any more than they should be allowed to yell fire in a crowded public theater when there isn’t one. Your free speech ends where public safety begins. Although in reality it never went that far for the government and ppl who spread misinformation. All the government did was inform social media platforms of the problem. It was still up to them whether they shut down idiots who spread dangerous lies about covid, the election,etc. Thats a decision every private company has. The government never forced those companies to comply. There are no laws in the books regarding this. No one has been arrested for being a conspiracy theory nut job or useful idiot propagandist for Russia.

This case isn't about outright government control. It's about the extent to which government can try to influence social media platforms in not spreading propaganda
sorry, no.....

this is about our deep state propaganda being outed berg

China will be just the beginning , the Arab states will probably follow , and Russia is most certainly on their radar

If sources that future Snowden/Ellsberg/Silkwood's would normally use are deemed illegal , then the sheepeeps will remain controlled by them

~S~

Any sensible person would recognize that Biden's immigration policy (or the lack thereof); and his use of the American tax dollar to further foreign wars (instead of using it to help Americans); and his woke agenda (instead of holding to a moral standard) are all whittling away at a strong and vibrant America. I don't mean to make you overwork your two braincells but it is what it is.

The 3.5% of our yearly defense budget being used in Ukraine, may very well be the best use of military spending in the history of this country. The vast of majority of which is actually for the procurement of new weapons, while clearing our stock of old equipment slated to be retired or mothballed anyway. Anything we don’t use would have cost the us untold millions to maintain anyway. The abrams tanks currently in Ukraine are old m1a1 abrams, which are 40 years old. The m113 apc has long been retired and just sits in warehouses in the US. The Stryker is no longer being made, etc, etc. My question to you would be, why don’t you want our enemies destroyed or crippled for so little investment?

Biden and the GOP came up with a bipartisan immigration border bill which republicans signed off on, until it came to vote on it, then they did what they always do best, obstruct. They can’t help themselves.

No one should be allowed to spread dangerous lies during a pandemic any more than they should be allowed to yell fire in a crowded public theater when there isn’t one. Your free speech ends where public safety begins. Although in reality it never went that far for the government and ppl who spread misinformation. All the government did was inform social media platforms of the problem. It was still up to them whether they shut down idiots who spread dangerous lies about covid, the election,etc. Thats a decision every private company has. The government never forced those companies to comply. There are no laws in the books regarding this. No one has been arrested for being a conspiracy theory nut job or useful idiot propagandist for Russia.
The government should not be in the position of deciding what is true and what is false. That's just a bad idea all around. Case in point, the CDC says it's a good idea to maintain distance between people, the government decides it's a good idea to arrest people who are sitting in their own cars in a parking lot.

They should, but they don't have to.

NATO members don't have to live up to their commitments?
Why not?
Do they speak Russian already?

Is that a reason to side with our enemies and abandon our allies

Leave Obama out of this.

Obama's debt was closer to $10 trillion than $8 trillion.
The debt the day Biden took office was $27.7 trillion, it's $34.5 trillion today.
That's $6.8 trillion and he still has 10 more months to fuck us up even more.

There is nothing in the NATO agreement forcing countries to spend 3% of their gdp on their own defense readiness. 🤷‍♀️

No it was approximately 8 trillion. I even found one source that said 7.6, but others claim 8.6. I simply averaged it out. Biden is actually somewhere in the mid 2s, so I was wrong about him, and trump is at 6.7. Those are the facts, and let’s not forget that was after bush had left office with the economy in shambles, or have you completely forgot about the housing crash which destroyed the economy or the two wars he started and never finished or the bush tax cuts which further cratered the economy? Obama was not a great president when it came to the economy but when your predecessor bankrupts the country before you take office and leaves you in huge debt to fix his mess you can hardly put all the blame on him for his deficit.

There is nothing in the NATO agreement forcing countries to spend 3% of their gdp on their own defense readiness. 🤷‍♀️

No it was approximately 8 trillion. I even found one source that said 7.6, but others claim 8.6. I simply averaged it out. Biden is actually somewhere in the mid 2s, so I was wrong about him, and trump is at 6.7. Those are the facts, and let’s not forget that was after bush had left office with the economy in shambles, or have you completely forgot about the housing crash which destroyed the economy or the two wars he started and never finished or the bush tax cuts which further cratered the economy? Obama was not a great president when it came to the economy but when your predecessor bankrupts the country before you take office and leaves you in huge debt to fix his mess you can hardly put all the blame on him for his deficit.

There is nothing in the NATO agreement forcing countries to spend 3% of their gdp on their own defense readiness.

What's the understanding? Just spend whatever you feel like?

1710805200508.png

1710804960144.png

1710804995546.png

$10.6 trillion to $19.9 trillion. And if you look at TARP, he really added almost $10 trillion.

Biden is actually somewhere in the mid 2s, so I was wrong about him,

You are wrong about him. Might have been in the mid 2s his first year.

1710805495426.png

1710805441975.png

$34.5 trillion today, up from $27.75 trillion in 2021.

$6.75 trillion.

The government should not be in the position of deciding what is true and what is false. That's just a bad idea all around. Case in point, the CDC says it's a good idea to maintain distance between people, the government decides it's a good idea to arrest people who are sitting in their own cars in a parking lot.

They can when it involves national security and or a national health emergency.

Annnnd....this is exactly how autocracies like Russia, China, North Korea, etc are run. It's how autocracies are born, and Trump loves trying to emulate them. It's no wonder he despises and disdains our allies and continues to run into the open arms of dictators around the world. He sees them as his peers.
lol

Psychiatric diagnosis by remote.

That's illegal, you know.

lmao @ leftards :p

Forum List

Back