We still have a disinformation problem.

New Russian Disinformation Campaigns Prove the Past Is Prequel

On Dec. 13, 2023, Lauren Witzke, a documented QAnon promoter and former Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Delaware, posted a barrage of criticism toward Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on the platform X, formerly known as Twitter. The post suggested Zelenskyy was preparing to retire to a $20 million home in Vero Beach, Florida, and claimed that “our leaders are buying mansions for elite leaches who facilitate their money laundering operations and crimes against the American people ... CUT OFF UKRAINE!” The post included images of the home in Florida and Zelenskyy’s U.S. naturalization papers.

Witzke’s post was grounded in a lie, the result of very purposeful narrative laundering (that is, the process of hiding the source of false information). This particular laundering campaign is affiliated with the Russian government and aimed largely at undermining Western support for Ukraine. While many who read Witzke’s message rightly questioned it, it was nonetheless reposted more than 12,000 times and viewed (by X’s metric) nearly 10 million times. The narrative was shared in thousands of other posts across platforms, before and after Witzke, including by those who unknowingly linked directly to a covert Russian outlet.

Lies don’t have to be good to be effective. For those who wanted to believe this story, it was easy to do so. Its considerable success didn’t result from typically expected tactics, however. It wasn’t spread using an army of social media bots or an AI-generated video of Zelenskyy. This campaign relies on individuals like Witzke, unknowing dupes with influence and credibility in their online communities.

If ever there was an example of lies not needing to be good to be effective we need look no further than the Big Lie. I was appalled to see an exit poll from NH showing a 49% to 49% tie among respondents who answered the question......Was Biden the legitimate winner of the 2020 election? It's very hard to effectively self govern ourselves with so many poor deluded souls out there.

Indeed...

1706113286898.png

The United States is an expert in disinformation.

Spoken like a true idiot. Every salacious story praising Trump or accusing the goverment of lying being linked to in this forum comes from a "Questionable Source" which promotes "propaganda" and "conspiracy theories". TikTok - a favourite source, is flat out OWNED by the Chinese government, as is the Epoch Times - another favourite source.

Twitter has never been a credible source, and now as X, it's even less credible because it's been taken over a racist demagogue, who has turned it into another racist,, sexist, cess pool, and has lost what little credibility it had.

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

And he did.

That same old soundbite that isn't related to any actual event you idiots can prove.

Again, weasel word, nothing more.

I would vote for Phil Murphy if he had run and I donated to Kennedy when he was a democrat. Any other questions to distract from Biden having an even lower approval rating than Trump did at the end of his last term in office?
Meh, no one is perfect.

Thanks for your honesty.

As long as gaslighting shitlibs like you can draw a breath, we'll always have a disinformation problem.

Every accusation by a Cult member is a confession.

Even DeSantis is whining about right wing media promoting Trump's lies and disinformation so the Cult doesn't change the channel.

The United States is an expert in disinformation.
All countries play the same game .

It is a major war weapon . See MI6 and Mossad as the "best" !!

Ukraine has been an obvious example and still, at this point, hardly anybody appreciates that Israel- Hamas was the first part of a False Flag which had taken years to develop and whose outcome is in front of us and could mean the ME becomes a hell on earth with the prime intent of humiliating the US even further .

Every accusation by a Cult member is a confession.

Even DeSantis is whining about right wing media promoting Trump's lies and disinformation so the Cult doesn't change the channel.

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Here we go AGAIN!!!!!
Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia :rolleyes:
Republicans will of course continue their campaign of lies.

What I'm dumbfounded to read is that there are posters such as DragonLady, Clayton, Marc and the OP who ONLY believe that disinformation/misinformation is a Republican thing. One has to be a special kind of stupid to think that way. Of course, Republicans and the right-wing media participates in misinformation, but have y'all forgotten about these doozies touted as either true or dismissed as a "conspiracy theory"? I'm willing to wager that if people's posting histories were put out there, these were things they believed:

• If you get the vaccine, you can't get infected or spread it to other people.
  • The Hunter Biden laptop is Russian disinformation
  • Trump and Putin conspired to steal the 2016 election.
  • The new Georgia voting law is equal to Jim Crow 2.0
  • Covid came from a wet market and not the lab in Wuhan working on coronaviruses.
  • Social media wasn't shadow banning people on the behest of the government.

I'm sure there's a LOT more examples of disinformation, so save the fake outrage about the one side does it when both sides are culpable.

On Dec. 13, 2023, Lauren Witzke, a documented QAnon promoter and former Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Delaware, posted a barrage of criticism toward Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on the platform X, formerly known as Twitter. The post suggested Zelenskyy was preparing to retire to a $20 million home in Vero Beach, Florida, and claimed that “our leaders are buying mansions for elite leaches who facilitate their money laundering operations and crimes against the American people ... CUT OFF UKRAINE!” The post included images of the home in Florida and Zelenskyy’s U.S. naturalization papers.

Witzke’s post was grounded in a lie, the result of very purposeful narrative laundering (that is, the process of hiding the source of false information). This particular laundering campaign is affiliated with the Russian government and aimed largely at undermining Western support for Ukraine. While many who read Witzke’s message rightly questioned it, it was nonetheless reposted more than 12,000 times and viewed (by X’s metric) nearly 10 million times. The narrative was shared in thousands of other posts across platforms, before and after Witzke, including by those who unknowingly linked directly to a covert Russian outlet.

Lies don’t have to be good to be effective. For those who wanted to believe this story, it was easy to do so. Its considerable success didn’t result from typically expected tactics, however. It wasn’t spread using an army of social media bots or an AI-generated video of Zelenskyy. This campaign relies on individuals like Witzke, unknowing dupes with influence and credibility in their online communities.

If ever there was an example of lies not needing to be good to be effective we need look no further than the Big Lie. I was appalled to see an exit poll from NH showing a 49% to 49% tie among respondents who answered the question......Was Biden the legitimate winner of the 2020 election? It's very hard to effectively self govern ourselves with so many poor deluded souls out there.
Sure do. Democrats and their lying media are so full of disinformation it is coming out of their asses.

What I'm dumbfounded to read is that there are posters such as DragonLady, Clayton, Marc and the OP who ONLY believe that disinformation/misinformation is a Republican thing. One has to be a special kind of stupid to think that way. Of course, Republicans and the right-wing media participates in misinformation, but have y'all forgotten about these doozies touted as either true or dismissed as a "conspiracy theory"? I'm willing to wager that if people's posting histories were put out there, these were things they believed:

• If you get the vaccine, you can't get infected or spread it to other people.
  • The Hunter Biden laptop is Russian disinformation
  • Trump and Putin conspired to steal the 2016 election.
  • The new Georgia voting law is equal to Jim Crow 2.0
  • Covid came from a wet market and not the lab in Wuhan working on coronaviruses.
  • Social media wasn't shadow banning people on the behest of the government.

I'm sure there's a LOT more examples of disinformation, so save the fake outrage about the one side does it when both sides are culpable.

They are in a tight and dangerous Cult.

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

And he did.
I thought he was just a blowhard braggart who talked big and lied all the time. Now we're supposed to take him absolutely at his word and believe he actually did stuff? Can you pick a horse and stay on it?

The irony here is striking, komrade.

Free speech is good however, even though Russian trolls like you are part of the price for it.

Forum List

Back