Disinformation is enemy #1.

No one should be allowed to spread dangerous lies during a pandemic any more than they should be allowed to yell fire in a crowded public theater when there isn’t one.

Stupid pack of leftard lies.

Who decides? The gubmint?

Not a snowball's chance in hell.

It's up to me and my doctors.

Period full stop, end of story.

Your free speech ends where public safety begins.

You think am untested RNA modification is publically safe?

What school did you say your MD was from again?

Although in reality it never went that far for the government and ppl who spread misinformation. All the government did was inform social media platforms of the problem. It was still up to them whether they shut down idiots who spread dangerous lies about covid, the election,etc.

Yeah, and I got a bridge in Brooklyn you should buy.

Thats a decision every private company has. The government never forced those companies to comply. There are no laws in the books regarding this. No one has been arrested for being a conspiracy theory nut job or useful idiot propagandist for Russia.

The Supreme Court is deciding. You have no say in the matter. Feel better now?

Stupid pack of leftard lies.

Who decides? The gubmint?

Not a snowball's chance in hell.

It's up to me and my doctors.

Period full stop, end of story.

You think am untested RNA modification is publically safe?

What school did you say your MD was from again?

Yeah, and I got a bridge in Brooklyn you should buy.

The Supreme Court is deciding. You have no say in the matter. Feel better now?

And who exactly forced you to get the MRNA shot? You can be as dumb as you want, get the virus and die. Many republicans exercised their right to die horribly from covid when the virus was still very deadly. 🤷‍♀️

It passed all FDA safety tests and clinical trials, but you choose to be willfully ignorant and continue to say, it's "untested," because you believe in conspiracy theories. That's no one's problem but your own.

My knowledge of the virus and vaccines comes directly from experts in the field, I don't need an MD. You however are challenging conventional medical wisdom, so where's your MD? Hmm?

And who exactly forced you to get the MRNA shot? You can be as dumb as you want, get the virus and die. Many republicans exercised their right to die horribly from covid when the virus was still very deadly. 🤷‍♀️

It passed all FDA safety tests and clinical trials, but you choose to be willfully ignorant and continue to say, it's "untested," because you believe in conspiracy theories. That's no one's problem but your own.

My knowledge of the virus and vaccines comes directly from experts in the field, I don't need an MD. You however are challenging conventional medical wisdom, so where's your MD? Hmm?
I do not say this lightly, but the foundation of their belief system is built on conspiracy theories.

Biden is actually somewhere in the mid 2s, so I was wrong about him,

You are wrong about him. Might have been in the mid 2s his first year.

View attachment 919191

View attachment 919190

$34.5 trillion today, up from $27.75 trillion in 2021.

$6.75 trillion.

According to that page, Trump is responsible for 7.5 trillion from January 2017 to December 2020, going from just under 20 trillion to 27.5 trillion. Obama may have put 9 trillion onto the deficit bailing out the economy and fighting Bush's wars, but freaking Trump added nearly as much as Obama in half the time! Why only mention Obama and Biden adding money to the deficit when Trump has been just as guilty, if not more so? This is cognitive dissonance at it's finest.

I do not say this lightly, but the foundation of their belief system is built on conspiracy theories.

They're really no different than the people who live in autocracies and believe every single word their dear leader tells them.

Why only mention Obama and Biden adding money to the deficit when Trump has been just as guilty, if not more so?
Disinformation. They've probably been told to believe Trump ran a surplus.

They're really no different than the people who live in autocracies and believe every single word their dear leader tells them.
But in the US were have pluralistic media sources, not just state run media (besides Faux), so they have no excuse. They are willfully disinformed.

They can when it involves national security and or a national health emergency.
And all they need to do then is declare disinformation to be a national security or health emergency, and who really thinks that will never happen? It won't be long before an administration makes that declaration and enacts censorship under an umbrella designed to get around the 1st Amendment.

Obama may have put 9 trillion onto the deficit bailing out the economy and fighting Bush's wars, but freaking Trump added nearly as much as Obama in half the time!

And now Biden is going to add more than Trump, with no shutdown, no pandemic and an awesome economy. Weird.

Why only mention Obama and Biden adding money to the deficit

I told you, we can't afford to carry NATO anymore. They need to pay for their own defense.

Let's turn that around. Would we champion an American company having the freedom to broadcast OUR beliefs into NK and Russia? I'll come down on the side of, "we'll give you the freedom you give us", when dealing with international voices. American voices, be they sane or even from the left, need to be unfettered because of the reasons I posted. We have a first Amendment for a reason, and we see what happens when the government gains the power to silence voices. We see the government doing things all the time for stated reasons that quickly vanish when implemented. Examples:

1. Lottery. Governments piously promise that lottery revenue will go to fund schools and the children. Reality? Within a few years at most, lottery funds disappear into the general fund with a token at best going to schools.
2. Tobacco taxes. Same thing, governments piously promise to fund healthcare with the additional revenue from new taxes. Reality? Within a few years at most, the additional revenue disappears into the general fund with a token at best going to healthcare.

The bottom line is, when government gets a new power, it never lets it go and abuses it for the government's advantage.

Even some of the right-wing justices hitched up an eyebrow Monday when a couple of red states argued against nearly any government intervention in social media content moderation.

The case stems from Biden administration officials sometimes heatedly — to the pearl-clutching shock of Justice Samuel Alito — flagging misinformation to the social media platforms and urging them to crack down on it. Much of the communication centered on anti-vaxxer content at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Traveling a friendly and familiar gauntlet, the respondents — Missouri, Louisiana and a few individuals, whose standing was questioned heavily Monday — arrived at the Supreme Court via a win from U.S. District Judge Terry Doughty of Louisiana, a Trump appointee, and then another from the uber-conservative Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Still, justices from both ideological ends of the bench balked Monday at the extent of free speech rights the red states demanded.

Even some of the right-wing justices hitched up an eyebrow Monday when a couple of red states argued against nearly any government intervention in social media content moderation.

The case stems from Biden administration officials sometimes heatedly — to the pearl-clutching shock of Justice Samuel Alito — flagging misinformation to the social media platforms and urging them to crack down on it. Much of the communication centered on anti-vaxxer content at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Traveling a friendly and familiar gauntlet, the respondents — Missouri, Louisiana and a few individuals, whose standing was questioned heavily Monday — arrived at the Supreme Court via a win from U.S. District Judge Terry Doughty of Louisiana, a Trump appointee, and then another from the uber-conservative Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Still, justices from both ideological ends of the bench balked Monday at the extent of free speech rights the red states demanded.

I always lean toward more freedom, not less, especially when unaccountable and unelected government bureaucrats decide what is acceptable and what is not. I predict that, within my lifetime, speech in the US will be heavily censored, all in the name of, "disinformation is duh attack on dumokrasy", and stuff. The 1st Amendment will be discarded for all intents and purposes. I would much rather people be free to say whatever they want and be right or wrong than to have democrats censoring what's allowed to be said.

I always lean toward more freedom, not less, especially when unaccountable and unelected government bureaucrats decide what is acceptable and what is not. I predict that, within my lifetime, speech in the US will be heavily censored, all in the name of, "disinformation is duh attack on dumokrasy", and stuff. The 1st Amendment will be discarded for all intents and purposes. I would much rather people be free to say whatever they want and be right or wrong than to have democrats censoring what's allowed to be said.
Why are you getting so carried away? Whether you like it or not some degree of control over content is needed to protect democracy. For example, Trump telling overt lies to promote his attempted insurrection is not protected by the 1st A.

Sure I do. I stand up for the children, whereas you voted for a pedophile.

I err on the side of human nature and family safety, whereas you err on the side of social engineering and wild-ass fantasy.

Your behavior has been entirely consistent ever since I got here. You're a leftard through and through, only now your posturing has become indefensible and it's kinda pathetic watching you twist yourself into knots doing damage control.
So much fake news being presented in the disinformation thread. MAGA can always be counted on to prove the point of the threads.

The post is an example of disinformation. Whatever some alleged Trump voters say is their own personal opinion. The disinformation comes when the media uses a couple of voters to make a generalization about the GOP.
Yes.
So generalized that neatly every MAGA poster here obliges with timely examples. :uhoh3:

Why are you getting so carried away? Whether you like it or not some degree of control over content is needed to protect democracy.
We have to take away your freedom so you can be free. Now where have we heard that idea before? Something from the Viet Nam war, I believe. We had to destroy the village to save it, or such.
For example, Trump telling overt lies to promote his attempted insurrection is not protected by the 1st A.
This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. You're all for democrats having the power to silence TRUMP!, yet would scream bloody murder if TRUMP!, on re-election, would use that same power to silence his opposition's lies. Better to err on the side of freedom than give unaccountable, unelected bureaucrats the power to decide what is acceptable speech and what constitutes an "attack on democracy", and silence it.

Disinformation is code word for "opinions I don't like"
No. It’s a word with a meaning.
It’s just a word you don’t like because you know you’re on the wrong side of it. A rube. A dupe.

disinformation​

noun

dis·in·for·ma·tion (ˌ)dis-ˌin-fər-ˈmā-shən
: false information deliberately and often covertly spread (as by the planting of rumors) in order to influence public opinion or obscure the truth

Forum List

Back