Disinformation is enemy #1.

When you're already in the cult, it's too late to believe anything anyone else tells you.
Trumpery thrives on being a closed system. Every outside critical voice is silenced, ignored, discredited, or de-legitimized. Self examination is not allowed because it poses such a threat.

Embassies mean diddly squat. Russia has embassies here, Putin has also said he could destroy America in half an hour. Russian state tv talks about nuking the US all the time. Putin couldn't be happier to see our downfall. Oh but wait, Russia has embassies here! :lol::lol:

This is Trump influenced brainwashing at it's finest.
Not a single new embassy was established during the Trump administration. But your TDS is obvious.

Not a single new embassy was established during the Trump administration. But your TDS is obvious.

Russian embassies already exist here. Why would a new one have to be built? :lol: Will a new embassy stop Putin from continuing to threaten the United States daily? LMAO. Look at the mental gymnastics you have to twist yourself into every time Trump says something stupid. Does it not get tiring?

Trump voters tell NBC Reporter that ‘Russia is not our enemy’​

I, along with I'm sure many others, have made the point our self governance relies on an informed, engaged electorate.

If someone would like to explain to me how these MAGAists came to believe the things they said if not for RWM disinformation I'd like to hear it.

Americans have far more to worry about from our own government than from Russia. This isn't the 1960s.

Trumpery thrives on being a closed system. Every outside critical voice is silenced, ignored, discredited, or de-legitimized. Self examination is not allowed because it poses such a threat.

Annnnd....this is exactly how autocracies like Russia, China, North Korea, etc are run. It's how autocracies are born, and Trump loves trying to emulate them. It's no wonder he despises and disdains our allies and continues to run into the open arms of dictators around the world. He sees them as his peers.

Annnnd....this is exactly how autocracies like Russia, China, North Korea, etc are run. It's how autocracies are born, and Trump loves trying to emulate them. It's no wonder he despises and disdains our allies and continues to run into the open arms of dictators around the world. He sees them as his peers.
I've seen far more nuance between Trump supporters than between Biden supporters, personally. Most Trump supporters I know can name several flaws they see in his views or his policies. A good example is Warp Speed. It's seen as a failure in hindsight.

I haven't seen many Biden supporters acknowledge his flaws, unless it's a begrudging mention of the failure of the Afghanistan withdrawal which ultimately involves them blaming Trump.

Russian embassies already exist here. Why would a new one have to be built? :lol: Will a new embassy stop Putin from continuing to threaten the United States daily? LMAO. Look at the mental gymnastics you have to twist yourself into every time Trump says something stupid. Does it not get tiring?
I can recommend you join the other challenged leftists on this board in a remedial reading comprehension course i have suggested to so many others.

Trump voters tell NBC Reporter that ‘Russia is not our enemy’​

I, along with I'm sure many others, have made the point our self governance relies on an informed, engaged electorate.

If someone would like to explain to me how these MAGAists came to believe the things they said if not for RWM disinformation I'd like to hear it.

how about you start by not calling us magaists, like maggots

democrats have no place in this world, I remember when the democrats called black americans the n-word, democrats simply hate and need a group of people to hate, to retain power

democrats need to convince everyone they are here to protect you from maggots and they are the only ones that can

It's true, NATO members have to live up to their commitments.
After Obama and Biden added $18 trillion to the debt, we can't afford to carry them anymore.

They should, but they don't have to. That part you seem to be forgetting. Is that a reason to side with our enemies and abandon our allies by telling Russia to do whatever they want with them? That is probably the most traitorous, if not outright dumbest statements to ever come out of the mouth of a US president. The US is the head of the most powerful alliance in the history of the world and Trump wants to leave NATO so he can help his buddy, Putin. This weak scumbag is who you pray to 3 times a day? You're lost. smh

Actually it's more like 13 trillion, but why not include Trump who added 8 trillion in just 4 years? And how does leaving NATO solve our debt? Are we somehow going to decide we won't to spend money on the military now? :icon_rolleyes:

Obama 8 trillion
Trump 8 trillion
Biden 5 trillion

I've seen far more nuance between Trump supporters than between Biden supporters, personally.
I have not had that experience. The only criticism I ever see acknowledged by supporters of Dear Leader is admitting he has an abrasive personality. Other than that, in their eyes, he is flawless.

White House’s Efforts to Combat Misinformation Face Supreme Court Test

The Supreme Court will hear arguments on Monday on whether the Biden administration violated the First Amendment in combating what it said was misinformation on social media platforms.

It is the latest in an extraordinary series of cases this term requiring the justices to assess the meaning of free speech in the internet era.

The case arose from a barrage of communications from administration officials urging platforms to take down posts on topics like the coronavirus vaccines, claims of election fraud and Hunter Biden’s laptop. Last year, a federal appeals court severely limited such interactions.

Alex Abdo, a lawyer with the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University, said the Supreme Court’s review of that decision must be sensitive to two competing values, both vital to democracy.

In the real world, the WH's efforts are seen as trying to stop social media platforms from spreading dangerous lies. In the alternate reality conservatives exist in, those efforts are seen as attempts to block the free speech of conservative voices. Equating free speech with permission to tell lies that harm democracy.

I think of it as "mal-information". Malicious intent.

This began with Limbaugh. Not only did he tell them what to think, but how to think. Then he made the world binary, us vs. them. Then he convinced them that any information source that said things they didn't like was lying, 24/7/365, that nothing they said was true, ever. Just listen to me. And they did.

So this is the result. Literal competing realities.

I've been saying all along that these people really are at war. And in war, any lie can become "the truth" if it advances your side of the war.
It started a lot further back than Limbaugh, he was just the reaction to the overwhelmingly one-sided media, which has for a long time been crafting a narrative and marginalizing contrary voices. One glaring recent example, the talking heads' discovery of the word "gravitas", which none of them had even heard before, yet all were uttering en masse as if they had come up with it themselves.

I have not had that experience. The only criticism I ever see acknowledged by supporters of Dear Leader is admitting he has an abrasive personality. Other than that, in their eyes, he is flawless.
You need to meet real people.

White House’s Efforts to Combat Misinformation Face Supreme Court Test

The Supreme Court will hear arguments on Monday on whether the Biden administration violated the First Amendment in combating what it said was misinformation on social media platforms.

It is the latest in an extraordinary series of cases this term requiring the justices to assess the meaning of free speech in the internet era.

The case arose from a barrage of communications from administration officials urging platforms to take down posts on topics like the coronavirus vaccines, claims of election fraud and Hunter Biden’s laptop. Last year, a federal appeals court severely limited such interactions.

Alex Abdo, a lawyer with the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University, said the Supreme Court’s review of that decision must be sensitive to two competing values, both vital to democracy.

In the real world, the WH's efforts are seen as trying to stop social media platforms from spreading dangerous lies. In the alternate reality conservatives exist in, those efforts are seen as attempts to block the free speech of conservative voices. Equating free speech with permission to tell lies that harm democracy.
The government should not have the power to silence voices, full stop. Why?

1. That power WILL be used to silence opposition. All that needs to happen to bring that home is for the opposition to gain power and use it against you.
2. "Harm democracy" very quickly becomes, "harm the Party", and we see around the world what happens after that.

Far better to allow leftwing lies to be voiced than give the government power to silence voices.

The way he speaks about them clearly indicates he envies the control they exert over the counties they control. His fawning praise of Orban should have resulted in immediate blowback from all those who want to protect democracy. And it did. But we didn't hear a peep from MAGAists unless it was in Don's defense.

The government should not have the power to silence voices, full stop. Why?
So you would be in favor of Russia or N. Korea establishing media companies here in the US and spewing overt anti-American propaganda and lies 24/7? Sort of a lessor version of Faux.

Forum List

Back