Discrimination On Scientists That Back ID

SpidermanTuba said:
The questions are pointless and don't mean anything. Science is a democracy, and whether or not something occurs does not depend on the frequency with which is occurs. We don't see daily occurances of start formation, either, but its pretty damn obvious stars are forming.

1. you owe me $500

b.science is far from a democracy......

3. you suspect that stars are forming, you have know proof

4. you never actually see the sun set

e. why?

manu1959 said:
1. you owe me $500

e. why?

We know that stars form. Look up in the sky at night. See those? Those are called stars. They came from somewhere. The exact mechanism by which they form is still not well understood, though as a grad student in stellar astrophysics, I could tell you what we know so far, if you like. But the fact that they do in fact form - well, that's kind of obvious. Their demise is perhaps better understood than their formation.

Define "sunset".

And I tell you what, I'll take that $500 I owe you and donate it to the Katrina/Rita relief fund of my choice.

SpidermanTuba said:
We know that stars form. Look up in the sky at night. See those? Those are called stars. They came from somewhere. The exact mechanism by which they form is still not well understood, though as a grad student in stellar astrophysics, I could tell you what we know so far, if you like. But the fact that they do in fact form - well, that's kind of obvious. Their demise is perhaps better understood than their formation.

Define "sunset".

And I tell you what, I'll take that $500 I owe you and donate it to the Katrina/Rita relief fund of my choice.

you belive stars form becasue they are there but since you have never seen one do it you are only guessing

the moment the sun disapears below the horizon

a worthy cause......which fund? i prefer the red cross....my company did matching funds of 25k wife and i did 5k

manu1959 said:
you belive stars form becasue they are there but since you have never seen one do it you are only guessing

the moment the sun disapears below the horizon

a worthy cause......which fund? i prefer the red cross....my company did matching funds of 25k wife and i did 5k

Screw the Red Cross. They are the most wasteful large charity of any. I think I'll give it Tipitina's fund for homeless musicians.

Define "guessing".

You've never seen the Grand Canyon form. I could guess that a giant named Zweelzeboof came along and made the Grand Canyon by stomping on the ground with his feet for a little while. But that wouldn't be nearly as good a "guess" as the one based on reason which states the Canyon was formed over many years as flowing water gradually wore further and further into the rock.

SpidermanTuba said:
Screw the Red Cross. They are the most wasteful large charity of any. I think I'll give it Tipitina's fund for homeless musicians.

Define "guessing".

You've never seen the Grand Canyon form. I could guess that a giant named Zweelzeboof came along and made the Grand Canyon by stomping on the ground with his feet for a little while. But that wouldn't be nearly as good a "guess" as the one based on reason which states the Canyon was formed over many years as flowing water gradually wore further and further into the rock.

well my dad would be dead if it wan's for the red cross so i will stick with them

there are millions of stars.....how many grand canyons are there?.......and you know what you didn't see either happen and you have no proof how either happened....

you are still avoiding the original 4 questions....

and you can't tell me if you have ever seen the sun set

manu1959 said:
well my dad would be dead if it wan's for the red cross so i will stick with them

there are millions of stars.....how many grand canyons are there?.......and you know what you didn't see either happen and you have no proof how either happened....

you are still avoiding the original 4 questions....

and you can't tell me if you have ever seen the sun set

Sure I've seen the sun set. Obviously this means the Sun orbits around the Earth.

Glad your Dad is OK. Not trying to say the Red Cross is bad or anything - its just that at this point they've got plenty of cash, and I was disappointed by some of their actions during the storm. In Covington, LA, for instance, they tried to get a shelter shut down because it wasn't being run by them. Just seems like they could do more good with the funding they have. They were just overwhelmed I suppose.

Answers to those 4 questions you provided seem fine to me. But they are not germane to the discussion.

So its your contention that my Giant named Zweelzeboob is equally as plausible an explanation as erosion for the formation of canyons?

SpidermanTuba said:
Sure I've seen the sun set. Obviously this means the Sun orbits around the Earth.

Glad your Dad is OK. Not trying to say the Red Cross is bad or anything - its just that at this point they've got plenty of cash, and I was disappointed by some of their actions during the storm. In Covington, LA, for instance, they tried to get a shelter shut down because it wasn't being run by them. Just seems like they could do more good with the funding they have. They were just overwhelmed I suppose.

Answers to those 4 questions you provided seem fine to me. But they are not germane to the discussion.

So its your contention that my Giant named Zweelzeboob is equally as plausible an explanation as erosion for the formation of canyons?

actually you can't see the actuall sun set due to the distance and the speed of light....you get the time delay version....

dad squandered his gift

the 4 questions were what started our discussion

it was you contention that a giant created the canyon....i was simply pointing out in a very round about way that equating the formation of millions of stars to the creation of one canyon is silly

further, ther are guess as to how both occured but no proof.

last ..... need to run.....wife wants to get naked.....have a good christmas....LSU state champs this year?

manu1959 said:
actually you can't see the actuall sun set due to the distance and the speed of light....you get the time delay version....

dad squandered his gift

the 4 questions were what started our discussion

it was you contention that a giant created the canyon....i was simply pointing out in a very round about way that equating the formation of millions of stars to the creation of one canyon is silly

further, ther are guess as to how both occured but no proof.

last ..... need to run.....wife wants to get naked.....have a good christmas....LSU state champs this year?

Well if you want to be a complete smartass about it, the line from the Sun to your eyes actually falls before the horizon before you see it set because the atmosphere bends the light. Not sure which effect is greater - the speed of light, or the bending of the light.

Which explanation do you find more plausible?

Stars are formed by a giant intergallactic being taking a fart.

Stars are formed by clouds of gas collapsing due to their self gravitation

?

Oh yes, and the question about the Grand Canyon - still waiting on an answer.

SpidermanTuba said:
Well if you want to be a complete smartass about it, the line from the Sun to your eyes actually falls before the horizon before you see it set because the atmosphere bends the light. Not sure which effect is greater - the speed of light, or the bending of the light.

Oh yes, and the question about the Grand Canyon - still waiting on an answer.

i am the smart ass....have you read your own post.....

so in short you have no clue how stars or the grand canyon are formed......

btw...the original four questions stand

Manu why would we expect to see daily instances of speciation? One should be kicked in the balls for suggesting something as absurd.

How many do you think reject the idea of speciation?

I guess that would depend on the amount of people that are ignorant to the fact. Evolution IS on par with gravity in the scientific community. They are both observable facts. Just because one is much more obvious and out in the open it doesn't make it have any elite status. Just because the average person who knows nothing of science doesn't know about something or realize that it exists, it doesn't make it less true. This line of reasoning is defeat on your part. You're cornered with nowhere to go so you resort to playing games.

manu1959 said:
1. you owe me $500

e. why?

Is it just me or did you intentionally change the quote to say what you wanted it to say. He said that science is not a democracy yet you quoted him as saying that it is. And I noticed that he did not edit his post so you would have had to deliberately edit the text that you were quoting from his post. Now why would you do such a thing? If that wasn't an accident then you are a liar.

manu1959 said:
i am the smart ass....have you read your own post.....

so in short you have no clue how stars or the grand canyon are formed......

btw...the original four questions stand

I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient. How many times must I answer your question before you answer mine? 10? OK

I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.
I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.

Is that enough? Tell you what, I'll answer them 10 more times just to be sure.

I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.I've already told you that the answers you provided are sufficient.

Now will you answer mine?

Spidy did you happen to notice the slander that I pointed out in my previous post? I think manu was trying to slip one by us there. I don't care much for liars myself.

Powerman said:
I guess that would depend on the amount of people that are ignorant to the fact. Evolution IS on par with gravity in the scientific community. They are both observable facts. Just because one is much more obvious and out in the open it doesn't make it have any elite status. Just because the average person who knows nothing of science doesn't know about something or realize that it exists, it doesn't make it less true. This line of reasoning is defeat on your part. You're cornered with nowhere to go so you resort to playing games.

Actually powerman, the effects of General Relativity are far more elusive than evolution. Manu, nor you, nor me, will every observe and relativistic effects of gravity in our daily life. That's means something to Manu, not observing it daily with his own two eyes and nothing more - I'm not sure what it means to him, he won't explain.

Powerman said:
Spidy did you happen to notice the slander that I pointed out in my previous post? I think manu was trying to slip one by us there. I don't care much for liars myself.

Hey Power - actually, I seem to recall editing that post very shortly after I posted it because I made that typo. This system must not record things as edited if you do the edit very shortly afterwards.

So, for the record Manu - go back and read the post - Science is NOT a democray.

SpidermanTuba said:
Hey Power - actually, I seem to recall editing that post very shortly after I posted it because I made that typo. This system must not record things as edited if you do the edit very shortly afterwards.

So, for the record Manu - go back and read the post - Science is NOT a democray.

Well in that case Manu I'm sorry. I guess you aren't a liar afterall.

It did seem rather odd however. Someone needs to fix the bugs on this site apparently.

Powerman said:
Manu why would we expect to see daily instances of speciation? One should be kicked in the balls for suggesting something as absurd.

no clue dude you all are the ones that belive in things you have never experienced.....like speciation and clods of dust suddenly forming stars and planets because of a force you all claim may not even exist

couple of other things....i said science is far from a democracy.....so if i am a liar you are saying science is a democracy....our if you typoed the it isn't aa democracy so you agree with me

you all sure get defenisve and insulting when anyone asks you anything.....

Forum List

Back