Discrimination On Scientists That Back ID

manu1959 said:
let him live he knows not what he does

you did our Father proud tonight..would give you the material rep but have already...so accept the spiritual rep instead! :halo:

Did I miss something? PM got banned? From something in this thread? Was it maybe deleted?

wow, this certainly is a long thread and not much really said.

ID is not science
We arent claiming its science, that doesnt mean it cant be mentioned or brought up in a science class

ID isnt science
But the way to knowledge and truth isnt always through science

even scientific knowledge can be enhanced with answers not reached scientifically

PM said speciation is on par with gravity
He then changed that to "within the scientific community"

OK

I dont think they have shown speciation to occur where the genetic makeup has become more complex,,,so speciation to EVOLVE INTO HIGHER FORMS has not been proven, or observed.

It also occured to me, that even the question, should anything non scientific be discussed in a science class is a philosopical question, and its a question that undoubtably belongs in a science class, since it is within the science class that one should decide what belongs in a science class.

Now, since the question belongs there, and its a philosophical question to begin with, then immediately we have non science in the science class.

Bottom line is, neither the courts, nor Powerman or tuba or anyone should determine if ID would be in a science class, it shoud be determined by local school boards, elected by the localities to represent what the parents want.

Hobbit said:
24 hour ban for disputing a moderator's ruling outside of private messaging.

Not exactly. Nevertheless, carry on.

Hobbit said:
24 hour ban for disputing a moderator's ruling outside of private messaging.

Yea, just finished reading the thread,,,gosh, even I know when to back off :) (sometimes) :)

LuvRPgrl said:
Yea, just finished reading the thread,,,gosh, even I know when to back off :) (sometimes) :)

We all have a problem with backing off, :) (sometimes) :) :laugh:

Enough talk of unpleasantness. Merry Christmas to you and Hobbit too!

Kathianne said:
We all have a problem with backing off, :) (sometimes) :) :laugh:

Enough talk of unpleasantness. Merry Christmas to you and Hobbit too!

Yes, MARRY Christmas to all !

PM said speciation is on par with gravity
He then changed that to "within the scientific community"

I didn't change that.

Within the scientific community is a given because we're talking about science. If I said it the second time and didn't say it the first time it's merely because that should be understood. You act is if I've curbed my opinion and I clearly haven't.

I dont think they have shown speciation to occur where the genetic makeup has become more complex,,,so speciation to EVOLVE INTO HIGHER FORMS has not been proven, or observed.

I don't know what you mean by higher forms. We evolve into forms that are more suitable for our survival. Otherwise we become extinct. I don't know what you are talking about here but it sounds like you may have swallowed somemore pseudoscience.

We don't have to evolve into something that you deem more complex to evolve.

It also occured to me, that even the question, should anything non scientific be discussed in a science class is a philosopical question, and its a question that undoubtably belongs in a science class, since it is within the science class that one should decide what belongs in a science class.

In other words you don't care about the quality of what we teach students in the classroom. There is no way that this makes any sense at all. You think that within the science class, the teacher should just arbitrarily decide on a whim what we are supposed to teach students without even worrying if the items are scientific? WTF???

I hope everyone reads that paragraph and thinks long and hard about it. There is no way people like you should be taken seriously on issues such as this. What you are advocating is a policy that would absolutely cripple and pervert the education of all children if it were in fact used as the method by which to choose what to teach in each course.

Powerman said:
I didn't change that.

Within the scientific community is a given because we're talking about science. If I said it the second time and didn't say it the first time it's merely because that should be understood. You act is if I've curbed my opinion and I clearly haven't.

I don't know what you mean by higher forms. We evolve into forms that are more suitable for our survival. Otherwise we become extinct. I don't know what you are talking about here but it sounds like you may have swallowed somemore pseudoscience.

We don't have to evolve into something that you deem more complex to evolve.

In other words you don't care about the quality of what we teach students in the classroom. There is no way that this makes any sense at all. You think that within the science class, the teacher should just arbitrarily decide on a whim what we are supposed to teach students without even worrying if the items are scientific? WTF???

I hope everyone reads that paragraph and thinks long and hard about it. There is no way people like you should be taken seriously on issues such as this. What you are advocating is a policy that would absolutely cripple and pervert the education of all children if it were in fact used as the method by which to choose what to teach in each course.

I quote you directly, and you claim it doesnt matter and make excuses. Then you put words in my mouth "In other words, you dont care about the quality of what we teach students..."

blah, blah, blah,,,

what a loser.

LuvRPgrl said:
I quote you directly, and you claim it doesnt matter and make excuses. Then you put words in my mouth "In other words, you dont care about the quality of what we teach students..."

blah, blah, blah,,,

what a loser.

The paragraph which I quoted clearly shows that you could care less what is taught in science class. Actually you do care. But even though it's a lie you want it taught becuase it fits your agenda. It's kinda silly if you think about it. You even admit that ID isn't science yet you still believe it should be taught in science class. That is the equivalent of talking about C.S. Lewis in trigonomotry class. It doesn't belong there. Why can't you see that?

Also I have no problem with you quoting me directly. When I said that evolution was on par with gravity in the scientific community I was 100% correct in saying so. I don't need you to agree with me on that fact for it to be a fact.

Powerman said:
The paragraph which I quoted clearly shows that you could care less what is taught in science class. Actually you do care. But even though it's a lie you want it taught becuase it fits your agenda. It's kinda silly if you think about it. You even admit that ID isn't science yet you still believe it should be taught in science class. That is the equivalent of talking about C.S. Lewis in trigonomotry class. It doesn't belong there. Why can't you see that?

Also I have no problem with you quoting me directly. When I said that evolution was on par with gravity in the scientific community I was 100% correct in saying so. I don't need you to agree with me on that fact for it to be a fact.

blah, blah, blah

you take what I say, form an opinion (incorrect one at that) about it, then make claims as to what I believe.

LuvRPgrl said:
blah, blah, blah

you take what I say, form an opinion (incorrect one at that) about it, then make claims as to what I believe.

You like dodging the issue. Why don't you just confront it. Why do you want things that are deemed to be non scientific taught in science class? There must be a reason.

Powerman said:
You like dodging the issue. Why don't you just confront it. Why do you want things that are deemed to be non scientific taught in science class? There must be a reason.

You dont answer my questions. So why should I answer yours. Besides, your question has been answered many times.

LuvRPgrl said:
You dont answer my questions. So why should I answer yours. Besides, your question has been answered many times.

What questions of yours haven't I answered? I've got a few minutes right now and I'll happily answer them.

And I don't think you've given me a LEGIT answer as to why we should be teaching things that aren't science in a science class. If it is not something that is productive to science it shouldn't be taught. For example if you needed to review some basic math to help you with certain science problems that would be legit. Reading MacBeth on the other hand would be a complete waste of time and should be taught in a literature course.

Powerman said:
What questions of yours haven't I answered? I've got a few minutes right now and I'll happily answer them.

And I don't think you've given me a LEGIT answer as to why we should be teaching things that aren't science in a science class. If it is not something that is productive to science it shouldn't be taught. For example if you needed to review some basic math to help you with certain science problems that would be legit. Reading MacBeth on the other hand would be a complete waste of time and should be taught in a literature course.

Im not gonna waste anymore time on it with you. I have made statements repeatedlly on several reasons why its perfectly fine to mention an alternative POV that some have.

If you want to read them, go back through the thread, but Im done with it, because you will just do the same thing I described you do a few threads up. Now, go ahead and get the last word in, IM DONE>

I have made statements repeatedlly on several reasons why its perfectly fine to mention an alternative POV that some have.

You do realize that by doing this you would be setting a precedent where you could literally teach anything you wanted in any class regardless of the merit of the material? Tell me that's not fucking stupid.

LuvRPgrl said:
Im not gonna waste anymore time on it with you. I have made statements repeatedlly on several reasons why its perfectly fine to mention an alternative POV that some have.

Science isn't a class about "points of view"

Hey Powerman, isn't it interesting how you and I always get the last word on these evolution threads?

SpidermanTuba said:
Science isn't a class about "points of view"

Hey Powerman, isn't it interesting how you and I always get the last word on these evolution threads?

yes it is, competing therories are points of view

don't flatter yourself, everyone gets bored with your know it all, prechy, close minded attitude.....you all remind me of the door to door religous salespeople....there is your way and then all the other wrong ways.....

Forum List

Back