Discrimination On Scientists That Back ID

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Annie, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Like the writer of the following post, I disagree with ID being added to the science curriculum, but what is happening here is wrong. Links are found at the site:

http://instapundit.com/archives/026781.php

2. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Given that ID isn't really science, is it really discrimination?

3. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    ID isn't science. I didn't read the article but if it's a job pertaining to science then these supposed ID backers probably suck at their job.

4. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    From the article
    :
    "He didn't lose his job, he didn't get his pay cut, he still has his research privileges, he still has his office," Scott says. "You know, what's his complaint? People weren't nice to him. Well, life is not fair."

So what's the big deal here? He's obviously not exactly a top notch scientist if he's trying to pander to some ID nonsense that isn't even science. Some people say it's bad science and that gives it too much credit because it is not science at all. It's not even a debate. If you disagree you are merely misinformed. It's like saying that 2+2=5 to suggest that ID is science.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Given that the guy didn't write or necessarily agree with the article, that he just published a peer reviewed column, yes. You both are guilty of what you are accusing others of being, ignorant.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Ignorant statement. Please explain how belief in ID automatically hampers one's ability to perform a scientific job .......

7. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Maybe you're misunderstanding me. You can believe in a creator and perform scientific tasks. But if you actually think that ID is science then you obviously don't understand the scientific process and thus you are probably not a very good scientist.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Okay, so now you are for throwing out discussion within the scientific community? I'm not pro-ID, certainly not within the science curriculum. With that said, I do believe that academic publications should be free forums for issues of their time. You already said you didn't read, just condemn-so let's all raise one to Joe McCarthy, but from the left.

Funny how you are so quick to join the sheep! I'm much more surprised at Bully, who normally is quite thoughtful.

9. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39

I'm not for throwing out discussion in the scientific community. ID isn't science. What do you not understand about that? It's not bad science. It's not science at all. Do you understand that?

10. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    "With that said, I do believe that academic publications should be free forums for issues of their time."

Right. But people should expect to be criticized by their peers when they start talking all of this ID nonsense that isn't even science.