"Direct Democracy" and the OWS

Weak?

The Constitution is weak?

Oh gosh..really?

It is obvious you insist on being stupid. Yes congress regulates commerce.

SO POST THE REGULATION that allows protestors to stop it.

I dont see TM today. Are you the official replacement?

:lol:

They aren't the regulators..congress are..

They HAVE A RIGHT.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

And Congress, as far as I can see, has no Constitutional right to circumvent free speech to allow "traffic".

Case law might allow it. But the Constitution most certainly does not.

The right to assemble does not include breaking the law. Stopping commerce is clearly an insurrection. Insurrections can be put down in any manner the Government chooses. In this case simple arrests. Watch the reaction of government if it gets violent.

There will always be rich, there will always be poor, but the middle class is ever so quickly disappearing. It is the middle class that has always kept our country balanced. Aren't you middle class?

Addressing ones own life will help, but it is a little late for that now. I am not sure that the damage that has been done can ever be undone, but we are sure going to try. Infringing on my freedom to buy and sell what I choose is not democracy and it certaintly isn't going to help "wealth disparity" :rolleyes:
Certainly they're not belivers in economic liberty.

Nope, most of these protesters are just having a party, and feel useful. :cuckoo: Spoiled college kids. And for those who are serious, they are having champagne and a good hardly laugh bwhahahaha

And all the while? I don't belive they understand what it is they are protesting for (?) Against(?)...

One thing is for sure? They had better be careful of what they wish for. They might just get it and it won't be what they had protested for...whom will they blame then?:eusa_eh:

Certainly they're not belivers in economic liberty.

Nope, most of these protesters are just having a party, and feel useful. :cuckoo: Spoiled college kids. And for those who are serious, they are having champagne and a good hardly laugh bwhahahaha

And all the while? I don't belive they understand what it is they are protesting for (?) Against(?)...

One thing is for sure? They had better be careful of what they wish for. They might just get it and it won't be what they had protested for...whom will they blame then?:eusa_eh:

I happened upon a few of the idealists the other day. But the problem was, they could not answer any of my questions coherently. I Was embarassed for them...

oh wait... no I wasn't :lol:

If these are college kids...aren't there classes going on? Are they getting grades for attending WS? Is this the student body of Berkley and everyone is getting an "A?"

Very observant. I believe that is so.

I find it fascinating those that oppose direct democracy are the very same people that say a majority of Americans support their causes.

Interesting indeed. :lol:

Every American Should Oppose Direct Democracy. How long do you think it would have taken to pass Civil Rights in a Direct Democracy?

This Country was set up the way it was for a reason. Direct Democracy gives the 51% Majority tyrannical Power over the Rest on every issue. If you actually think that would be a good system, you are an idiot.
Exactly. One of the best functions of a constitutional republic is protection of minorities.

Yep. Basic principle of a Constitutional Republic. Which is why I love the Constitution.

Yes, they have that right as I have the right to call them what they actually are, and call them on their idiocies. And tell them they are shooting themselves in their own feet. Talk about a masacre of thought :cuckoo:

Is it their right to be protesting?

Yes or no?

Are the police correct in arresting them?

Yes or no?

They have the right, I said that in a previous post. And the Police have a right to arrest them if they are not " peacably" protesting

I have a right to disagree with their tactics and their message. I also have a right to call them what they are (useful idiots)

You sure do.

But the police have been over stepping their power.

And I am quite surprised that the right, who are all small government types, seem to applaud this.

I happened upon a few of the idealists the other day. But the problem was, they could not answer any of my questions coherently. I Was embarassed for them...

oh wait... no I wasn't :lol:

hehehehe

when Hannity does his "man on the street" segment I scare the crap out of the deer and bear in my neighborhood with primordial screams of "this is a democrat/ holy shit this is how Kerry and Gore came so close".

Yes or no?

Yes or no?

They have the right, I said that in a previous post. And the Police have a right to arrest them if they are not " peacably" protesting

I have a right to disagree with their tactics and their message. I also have a right to call them what they are (useful idiots)

You sure do.

And I am quite surprised that the right, who are all small government types, seem to applaud this.
Someone sent me a clip of some fat cop pepper spraying some protestors when they did nothing at all. That was pretty disgusting.

I don't applaud that at all, but you think I am on the 'right'.

Hmmm.

You sure do.

Someone sent me a clip of some fat cop pepper spraying some protestors when they did nothing at all. That was pretty disgusting.

Hmmm.

neither do I. I find it to be an abuse of power TBH.....but i'm a teaparty guy ;)

Yes or no?

Yes or no?

You sure do.

What is the purpose of the police? Protection of what...?

You sure do.

Hmmm.

neither do I. I find it to be an abuse of power TBH.....but i'm a teaparty guy ;)
;) Imagine that?

Me too.

Yes or no?

Yes or no?

You sure do.

Seriously, how have the police been over stepping their power?

What I find amusing is that this is history repeating itself. Liberal mayor in a liberal state with protestors and other liberals saying the police are over stepping their power.

I'm remembering 68 vividly with days of rage and Daley. Another liberal mayor in another liberal state and why lordy lordy a Democrat convention!!!!

Dems love to use the police.

I wonder if this current manifesto will also get an "admin note" as it is supports something other than our Constitution.

We will see.

;)

I wonder if this current manifesto will also get an "admin note" as it is supports something other than our Constitution.

We will see.

;)

Take screenshots of it now!

Before they change the page like they did when everyone made fun of the 13 demands ;)
:lol:

How long did it take them to 'correct' that little 'gaff', if you know?

More and more their slip is showing. ;)

Take screenshots of it now!

Before they change the page like they did when everyone made fun of the 13 demands ;)

Please don't lie, or repeat lies. Seriously, you're better than that. Those "demands" were never found anywhere on the web site except in the forum, as suggestions posted by one person. And as far as I know they're still there, and were never taken down. They never were an official position of OWS or the Central Committee, so there was nothing to change.

"To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy"

sorry to inform you of this but the tea party protests were actions that formed a group in the spirit of direct democray.

They are not saying they want to change this country into a direct democracy they are talking about protests.

Why do you people on the right WORK so tirelessly to mistunderstand what others say?

Quit the damned twisting of everything others say.

You are wrong about the tea party protests. The tea partys formed in a direct response to what the people invovled felt was a constitutional overreach by the federal govt and fiscal irresponsibility of the federal government.

The Tea Partys want to work within the confines of our consitutional republic to affect change while the OWS people want to scapegoat rich people and instill a tyranny of the majority over the minority (also called a direct democracy).

The tea party events were funded by the Koch brothers and promoted for free by Fox news.

This is real grass roots.

Why did you think the tea party protests were great and think these ones are BAD!
'

Because you are a partisan hack with no moral code

"To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy"

sorry to inform you of this but the tea party protests were actions that formed a group in the spirit of direct democray.

They are not saying they want to change this country into a direct democracy they are talking about protests.

Why do you people on the right WORK so tirelessly to mistunderstand what others say?

Quit the damned twisting of everything others say.

You are wrong about the tea party protests. The tea partys formed in a direct response to what the people invovled felt was a constitutional overreach by the federal govt and fiscal irresponsibility of the federal government.

The Tea Partys want to work within the confines of our consitutional republic to affect change while the OWS people want to scapegoat rich people and instill a tyranny of the majority over the minority (also called a direct democracy).

The tea party events were funded by the Koch brothers and promoted for free by Fox news.

This is real grass roots.

Why did you think the tea party protests were great and think these ones are BAD!
'

Because you are a partisan hack with no moral code

Liar.

These 'protests' are part of the 'October Offensive' organized by Watermelon Man, Van Jones... and funded by the Tides Foundation.

It's no more grassroots than you are intelligent.

And, we could point out the opposite... you ranted like a banshee about the TEAs and yet these guys are 'great'. Hypocrite.

Forum List

Back