"Direct Democracy" and the OWS

What I've highlighted above has little to do with our Constitution because our Constitution is self-correcting, thanks to the wisdom of our Founding Fathers. Are you of the opinion that the Constitution is no longer useful?

Nope. One of the finest documents ever written by Humanity. A fine testament to Liberalism.

A testament to integrity among competent men. Of which there is none today among the two freakshow parties.

The Constitution makes no such distinction.

"To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy"

sorry to inform you of this but the tea party protests were actions that formed a group in the spirit of direct democray.

They are not saying they want to change this country into a direct democracy they are talking about protests.

Why do you people on the right WORK so tirelessly to mistunderstand what others say?

Quit the damned twisting of everything others say.

:cuckoo:

From the 'manifesto', at least the most recent one, of the OWS:

To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal.​
[Emphasis added]

Our Founding Fathers created a country and a Constitution that is based on a political system called a constitutional republic. They were wise enough to know that direct democracies historically don't fare well.

Fact of the matter is, calling for a direct democracy is inconsistent with our Constitution. For those who have taken an oath to preserve our Constitution, I hope they remember these facts.

I find it fascinating those that oppose direct democracy are the very same people that say a majority of Americans support their causes.

Interesting indeed. :lol:

I find it facinating that you are cool with a homegrown terrorist speaking on a college campus anywhere in this country.

Underground Organization that claimed responsibility for a dozen bombings between 1970 and 1974. The former Weatherman, William Ayers, now holds the position of distinguished professor of education at the University of Illinois-Chicago. Although never convicted of any crime, he told the New York Times in September 2001, "I don't regret setting bombs...I feel we didn't do enough."

Same stuff different decade.

Ask any of those who are protesting and having their little pow wows ,what they are protesting, then ask them if they agree with the statement made by Rosanne Barr. They are sheep being used by the Ayers and the Soros' of the world. Absolutely disgusting.

By the way we happen the be a Republic, and that is why we became the greatest nation on earth. If it was not for our Republic, the rest of the world would still be living in the stone age.

Ungrateful maggots is all these little college kids are. They think they are entitled to have a piece of the pie that others have worked for. They do not care about you and me and others. If they did, they would learn to think for themselves. They had to put this statement out to quell the idiocies that were being spouted by these "protesters"

Meanwhile where do they get their cell phones, theri ipods, their cars and clothing. All that stuff just magically fell from the sky?

:lol:

Well said.

But historically it's always the rich snotty kids who start this shit. But you have to understand as they are ordering in a triple cheese veggie pizza on their cell phones they do a group hug praying for the starving in the Sudan and figuring out a way to be one of the head honchos of a commune to die for.

Because they "feel". Dear lord, it makes you want to bazooka barf.

What I've highlighted above has little to do with our Constitution because our Constitution is self-correcting, thanks to the wisdom of our Founding Fathers. Are you of the opinion that the Constitution is no longer useful?

Nope. One of the finest documents ever written by Humanity. A fine testament to Liberalism.

TRUE liberalism;
not the word that now has a connotation. of anything leftist. There is a difference, and what the left is doing is redefining words as always. If I were a liberal, I would be offended by the left always making it like I am part of that group that claims to be liberal.

That's the most important thing about being a Liberal. Allowing people the right to say what they want..even if it offends you.

It's tough...but there it is.

TRUE liberalism;
not the word that now has a connotation. of anything leftist. There is a difference, and what the left is doing is redefining words as always. If I were a liberal, I would be offended by the left always making it like I am part of that group that claims to be liberal.

That's the most important thing about being a Liberal. Allowing people the right to say what they want..even if it offends you.

Too bad facts often offend you. ;)

Every American Should Oppose Direct Democracy. How long do you think it would have taken to pass Civil Rights in a Direct Democracy?

This Country was set up the way it was for a reason. Direct Democracy gives the 51% Majority tyrannical Power over the Rest on every issue. If you actually think that would be a good system, you are an idiot.
For the very same reasons the left is gunning for the Electoral College.

As the op stated? The Founders were very wise men.

You really don't have any understanding of how the Constitution was debated and the compormises necessary for it to be promulgated, do you?
As a matter of fact? I do. Moreso than YOU.

The far left is having their progressive temper tantrum.. they want capitalism to fall, a redistribution of wealth, and to occupy wall street, this all seems to be supported by the demonRats.. it's gonna bite their asses. The Tax Payers of America are at work. Earning their living, not demanding handouts. They use bathroom facilities and wash their hands, they don't shit on police cars. then they get home from work, sit down, turn the tv on and see the far left street shitters in action. Damn I can't wait til we get to the polls.

Right, like YOU know what they want.

Why do you insist they want to end Capitalism?

You've been told over and over again that you're wrong yet you still spread that lie. Why? Are you incapable of understanding or are you inherently a liar and can't help yourself?

:eusa_liar:

Last edited:
And I find it fascinating that you elected a man that had a criminal record, who's father gave tax payer money to support one of the worst terrorists in American history, who took over a business started by the said Terrorist's half brother, who failed to catch said terrorist and who's family did loads of business with the said terrorist's family, while scrubbing the 9/11 commission's report of almost all Saudi references.

You know said terrorist? Osama Bin Laden?

:clap2:

Turning tables is not going to make you look smarter Sallow, it only makes you look desperate.
Can you really defend some of the garbage that is coming from the mouths of these protesters? Can You truly defend what their goal is? Well can you?

Turning what tables?

Just telling the truth.

Don't like it?

In any case..I've read some of the goals, which the movement itself has refuted.

And if you've been following my posts, I've said something like this was bound to happen if nothing was done.

So far..it's pretty peaceful. But a conversation needs to be started.

How exactly are we going to address the ridiculous wealth disparity in this country?

There will always be rich, there will always be poor, but the middle class is ever so quickly disappearing. It is the middle class that has always kept our country balanced. Aren't you middle class?

Addressing ones own life will help, but it is a little late for that now. I am not sure that the damage that has been done can ever be undone, but we are sure going to try. Infringing on my freedom to buy and sell what I choose is not democracy and it certaintly isn't going to help "wealth disparity" :rolleyes:

From the 'manifesto', at least the most recent one, of the OWS:

To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal.​
[Emphasis added]

Our Founding Fathers created a country and a Constitution that is based on a political system called a constitutional republic. They were wise enough to know that direct democracies historically don't fare well.

Fact of the matter is, calling for a direct democracy is inconsistent with our Constitution. For those who have taken an oath to preserve our Constitution, I hope they remember these facts.

They border on insurrection. Protesting in the wrong venue.

But what the hell send my check to. Po box 100 Milking You, USA

Couldn't someone point out where the Federal Reserve is for them ?

Turning tables is not going to make you look smarter Sallow, it only makes you look desperate.
Can you really defend some of the garbage that is coming from the mouths of these protesters? Can You truly defend what their goal is? Well can you?

Turning what tables?

Just telling the truth.

Don't like it?

In any case..I've read some of the goals, which the movement itself has refuted.

And if you've been following my posts, I've said something like this was bound to happen if nothing was done.

How exactly are we going to address the ridiculous wealth disparity in this country?

There will always be rich, there will always be poor, but the middle class is ever so quickly disappearing. It is the middle class that has always kept our country balanced. Aren't you middle class?

Addressing ones own life will help, but it is a little late for that now. I am not sure that the damage that has been done can ever be undone, but we are sure going to try. Infringing on my freedom to buy and sell what I choose is not democracy and it certaintly isn't going to help "wealth disparity" :rolleyes:
Certainly they're not belivers in economic liberty.

TRUE liberalism;

Yes, they have that right as I have the right to call them what they actually are, and call them on their idiocies. And tell them they are shooting themselves in their own feet. Talk about a massacre of thought :cuckoo:

Turning what tables?

Just telling the truth.

Don't like it?

Not sure what the heck you are talking about here.

What I am talking about is the notion that an executive..who is hired by a company to show "profit" can do so by firing people who have been working for the company longer then he has then leaves the company with a paycheck that would take 100 lifetimes for the people he just fired to make.

That makes no sense.

And given that the very people that were fired by that executive, had their taxes go to "saving" that very company...it magnifies how nonsensical our economy has become.

TRUE liberalism;

Yes, they have that right as I have the right to call them what they actually are, and call them on their idiocies. And tell them they are shooting themselves in their own feet. Talk about a masacre of thought :cuckoo:

Is it their right to be protesting?

Yes or no?

Are the police correct in arresting them?

Yes or no?

Turning what tables?

Just telling the truth.

Don't like it?

Certainly they're not belivers in economic liberty.

Nope, most of these protesters are just having a party, and feel useful. :cuckoo: Spoiled college kids. And for those who are serious, they are having champagne and a good hardly laugh bwhahahaha

If these are college kids...aren't there classes going on? Are they getting grades for attending WS? Is this the student body of Berkley and everyone is getting an "A?"

"To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy"

sorry to inform you of this but the tea party protests were actions that formed a group in the spirit of direct democray.

They are not saying they want to change this country into a direct democracy they are talking about protests.

Why do you people on the right WORK so tirelessly to mistunderstand what others say?

Quit the damned twisting of everything others say.

You are wrong about the tea party protests. The tea partys formed in a direct response to what the people invovled felt was a constitutional overreach by the federal govt and fiscal irresponsibility of the federal government.

The Tea Partys want to work within the confines of our consitutional republic to affect change while the OWS people want to scapegoat rich people and instill a tyranny of the majority over the minority (also called a direct democracy).

Last edited:

Yes, they have that right as I have the right to call them what they actually are, and call them on their idiocies. And tell them they are shooting themselves in their own feet. Talk about a masacre of thought :cuckoo:

Is it their right to be protesting?

Yes or no?

Are the police correct in arresting them?

Yes or no?

They have the right, I said that in a previous post. And the Police have a right to arrest them if they are not " peacably" protesting

I have a right to disagree with their tactics and their message. I also have a right to call them what they are (useful idiots)

Forum List

Back