"Direct Democracy" and the OWS

Rather, I support our (apparently more and more, MY) Constitution.

Just the way I am. I like our Constitution.

Others' mileages vary, obviously.

Again..that was not the point.

Well, the point of my OP is that a direct democracy is prima facie inconsistent with our Constitution. Because of that, those who support a group who advocates unconstitutional ideals may want to consider a few facts.

.... But I am reasonably sure there are parts of the Constitution you do not like.
I do know that I am fascinating, but I am not the topic, nor are anyone's fantasies about my views.

Well back to the original point..then.

I find it interesting that people that say in one point that most Americans support their views, work tirelessly to make sure that the majority rule in this country is essentially squashed.

The Constitution was drafted at a time when people could own slaves and the "landed gentry" were worried about their voices being overwhelmed by more "common folk". Lots of things have changed. The women in this country can vote. We no longer have slavery.

Perhaps it's time to allow Majority rule in terms of voting for a President.

Of course you probably disagree with that one.

:lol:

Every American Should Oppose Direct Democracy. How long do you think it would have taken to pass Civil Rights in a Direct Democracy?

This Country was set up the way it was for a reason. Direct Democracy gives the 51% Majority tyrannical Power over the Rest on every issue. If you actually think that would be a good system, you are an idiot.
For the very same reasons the left is gunning for the Electoral College.

As the op stated? The Founders were very wise men.

You really don't have any understanding of how the Constitution was debated and the compormises necessary for it to be promulgated, do you?

Well of course not.

Check out the avatar.

In that film..slaves were happy!

From the 'manifesto', at least the most recent one, of the OWS:

To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal.​
[Emphasis added]

Our Founding Fathers created a country and a Constitution that is based on a political system called a constitutional republic. They were wise enough to know that direct democracies historically don't fare well.

Fact of the matter is, calling for a direct democracy is inconsistent with our Constitution. For those who have taken an oath to preserve our Constitution, I hope they remember these facts.

I find it fascinating those that oppose direct democracy are the very same people that say a majority of Americans support their causes.

Interesting indeed. :lol:

I find it facinating that you are cool with a homegrown terrorist speaking on a college campus anywhere in this country.

Underground Organization that claimed responsibility for a dozen bombings between 1970 and 1974. The former Weatherman, William Ayers, now holds the position of distinguished professor of education at the University of Illinois-Chicago. Although never convicted of any crime, he told the New York Times in September 2001, "I don't regret setting bombs...I feel we didn't do enough."

Same stuff different decade.

Ask any of those who are protesting and having their little pow wows ,what they are protesting, then ask them if they agree with the statement made by Rosanne Barr They are sheep being used by the Ayers and the Soros' of the world. Absolutely disgusting.

By the way we happen the be a Republic, and that is why we became the greatest nation on earth. If it was not for our Republic, the rest of the world would still be living in the stone age.

Ungrateful maggots is all these little college kids are. They think they are entitled to have a piece of the pie that others have worked for. They do not care about you and me and others. If they did, they would learn to think for themselves. They had to put this statement out to quell the idiocies that were being spouted by these "protesters"

Meanwhile where do they get their cell phones, theri ipods, their cars and clothing. All that stuff just magically fell from the sky?

DO YOU HAVE YOUR STUPID CAP ON TODAY? Traffic is commerce, but thanks for playing.

Do you have your stupid cap on?

Congress is charged with "regulating" commerce.

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

Seriously man..you make this to easy.

LOL Is that your rebuttal? That has to be the weakest shit ever posted on this board. :lmao:

Weak?

The Constitution is weak?

Oh gosh..really?

To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal.​
[Emphasis added]

Our Founding Fathers created a country and a Constitution that is based on a political system called a constitutional republic. They were wise enough to know that direct democracies historically don't fare well.

Fact of the matter is, calling for a direct democracy is inconsistent with our Constitution. For those who have taken an oath to preserve our Constitution, I hope they remember these facts.

You have a guy in Obama's neighborhood called Ayers. Ayers is a huge assistant to a man called Hugo Chavez. Oh and Ayers adopted son of another terrorist called Chesa is also an adviser to El Blockhead.

Oh and the Bolivar Revolution called for direct democracy.

Funny how things link up in the end n'est pas?

Yeah. Like George HW Bush releasing a terrorist, Orlando Bosch, who blew up a plane killing over 70 people and supported a terrorist Osama Bin Laden, in Afghanistan, who used planes to kill over 3000 people while his son, George W. Bush, who owned a business started by Osama Bin Laden's brother Salim, read a book.

Love this guilt by association thing.

It's a blade that cuts both ways. :clap2:

Of course the blade cuts both ways. And I love to read. Well it does have something to do with horrible reception and only one tv station the CBC.

That aside, one of my favorite books on this topic is and I have no doubt you will shudder at this thought, is a book called the New World Order by Pat Robertson.

Crazy eh?. Yuppers Reverend Pat had the ability in this book to link George H. to every NWO movement on the planet.

Very interesting and a good read.

Remember somewhere around 2006 all hell broke loose in America and around the planet. Supposedly GW came down with lyme disease. Now I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Not in my nature. But I do find it odd that the CIC comes down with lyme disease, no one is told about it, Cheney doesn't take over like he should, well hell's bells who was running the country?

I'd say Daddy was.

Fun stuff to think about.

[Emphasis added]

I find it fascinating those that oppose direct democracy are the very same people that say a majority of Americans support their causes.

I find it facinating that you are cool with a homegrown terrorist speaking on a college campus anywhere in this country.

Underground Organization that claimed responsibility for a dozen bombings between 1970 and 1974. The former Weatherman, William Ayers, now holds the position of distinguished professor of education at the University of Illinois-Chicago. Although never convicted of any crime, he told the New York Times in September 2001, "I don't regret setting bombs...I feel we didn't do enough."

Ask any of those who are protesting and having their little pow wows ,what they are protesting, then ask them if they agree with the statement made by Rosanne Barr. They are sheep being used by the Ayers and the Soros' of the world. Absolutely disgusting.

By the way we happen the be a Republic, and that is why we became the greatest nation on earth. If it was not for our Republic, the rest of the world would still be living in the stone age.

Ungrateful maggots is all these little college kids are. They think they are entitled to have a piece of the pie that others have worked for. They do not care about you and me and others. If they did, they would learn to think for themselves. They had to put this statement out to quell the idiocies that were being spouted by these "protesters"

Meanwhile where do they get their cell phones, theri ipods, their cars and clothing. All that stuff just magically fell from the sky?

And I find it fascinating that you elected a man that had a criminal record, who's father gave tax payer money to support one of the worst terrorists in American history, who took over a business started by the said Terrorist's half brother, who failed to catch said terrorist and who's family did loads of business with the said terrorist's family, while scrubbing the 9/11 commission's report of almost all Saudi references.

You know said terrorist? Osama Bin Laden?

:clap2:

[Emphasis added]

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for supper"
Well, democracy is a general description of many different governing systems in that class. In a direct democracy, that is so true. A constitutional republic does an excellent job of protecting the minorities from the majority (mob). Our Founding Fathers were wise men.

Indeed they were

Again..that was not the point.

Well, the point of my OP is that a direct democracy is prima facie inconsistent with our Constitution. Because of that, those who support a group who advocates unconstitutional ideals may want to consider a few facts.

.... But I am reasonably sure there are parts of the Constitution you do not like.
I do know that I am fascinating, but I am not the topic, nor are anyone's fantasies about my views.

I find it interesting that people that say in one point that most Americans support their views, work tirelessly to make sure that the majority rule in this country is essentially squashed.

The Constitution was drafted at a time when people could own slaves and the "landed gentry" were worried about their voices being overwhelmed by more "common folk". Lots of things have changed. The women in this country can vote. We no longer have slavery.

What I've highlighted above has little to do with our Constitution because our Constitution is self-correcting, thanks to the wisdom of our Founding Fathers. Are you of the opinion that the Constitution is no longer useful?

Yes assemble, yes protest; want to destroy our county, we're gonna have a problem and you OWS losers won't win even with Obama controlling you

[Emphasis added]

Yup direct democracy is not liberty but tyrrany of the majority over the minority.

Like Jefferson said "Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what is for dinner, liberty is a well armed lamb able to contest that outcome"

Ask any of those who are protesting and having their little pow wows ,what they are protesting, then ask them if they agree with the statement made by Rosanne Barr. They are sheep being used by the Ayers and the Soros' of the world. Absolutely disgusting.

And I find it fascinating that you elected a man that had a criminal record, who's father gave tax payer money to support one of the worst terrorists in American history, who took over a business started by the said Terrorist's half brother, who failed to catch said terrorist and who's family did loads of business with the said terrorist's family, while scrubbing the 9/11 commission's report of almost all Saudi references.

Turning tables is not going to make you look smarter Sallow, it only makes you look desperate.
Can you really defend some of the garbage that is coming from the mouths of these protesters? Can You truly defend what their goal is? Well can you?

What I've highlighted above has little to do with our Constitution because our Constitution is self-correcting, thanks to the wisdom of our Founding Fathers. Are you of the opinion that the Constitution is no longer useful?

Nope. One of the finest documents ever written by Humanity. A fine testament to Liberalism.

Do you have your stupid cap on?

Congress is charged with "regulating" commerce.

Seriously man..you make this to easy.

LOL Is that your rebuttal? That has to be the weakest shit ever posted on this board. :lmao:

Weak?

Oh gosh..really?

It is obvious you insist on being stupid. Yes congress regulates commerce.

SO POST THE REGULATION that allows protestors to stop it.

I dont see TM today. Are you the official replacement?

Nope. One of the finest documents ever written by Humanity. A fine testament to Liberalism.
Yes, it most certainly is - class, classic, and classically liberal. And, it dictates a governing system that is a constitutional republic rather than a direct democracy.

Turning tables is not going to make you look smarter Sallow, it only makes you look desperate.
Can you really defend some of the garbage that is coming from the mouths of these protesters? Can You truly defend what their goal is? Well can you?

Turning what tables?

Just telling the truth.

Don't like it?

In any case..I've read some of the goals, which the movement itself has refuted.

And if you've been following my posts, I've said something like this was bound to happen if nothing was done.

So far..it's pretty peaceful. But a conversation needs to be started.

How exactly are we going to address the ridiculous wealth disparity in this country?

A testament to integrity among competent men. Of which there is none today among the two freakshow parties.

"To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy"

sorry to inform you of this but the tea party protests were actions that formed a group in the spirit of direct democray.

They are not saying they want to change this country into a direct democracy they are talking about protests.

Why do you people on the right WORK so tirelessly to mistunderstand what others say?

Quit the damned twisting of everything others say.

Weak?

Oh gosh..really?

It is obvious you insist on being stupid. Yes congress regulates commerce.

SO POST THE REGULATION that allows protestors to stop it.

I dont see TM today. Are you the official replacement?

They aren't the regulators..congress are..

They HAVE A RIGHT.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

And Congress, as far as I can see, has no Constitutional right to circumvent free speech to allow "traffic".

Case law might allow it. But the Constitution most certainly does not.

TRUE liberalism;
not the word that now has a connotation. of anything leftist. There is a difference, and what the left is doing is redefining words as always. If I were a liberal, I would be offended by the left always making it like I am part of that group that claims to be liberal.

Forum List

Back