Detroit Public Schools: 93% Not Proficient in Reading; 96% Not Proficient in Math

Detroit, eh? I wonder why.

For one thing, it's only industry was making cars. It should have been more diverse.
It is more diverse. We just happened to be the manufacturing capitol of the world because of the auto industries. You send all those jobs to Canada Mexico and china what do you expect other than a great recession.

We're becoming a service economy. We don't manufacture anything.

Anyways, besides that, even when Michigan was booming Detroit was always a huge poor city. The big three and their suppliers hired a lot of blacks but not enough to solve poverty in Detroit.

So, you have really poor neighborhoods with really troubled kids with really poor parents and you don't get the best teachers to teach in those areas.

The Detroit's Saginaw and flint of America are our embarrassment but what can you do when people who shouldn't have kids do?

Come on, you gonna blame the schools?

I Will never get why liberals think they can constantly get away with posting out right lies...

Dude USA is 2nd place in the world of manufacturing moron

China Has a Dominant Share of World Manufacturing | MAPI

For one thing, it's only industry was making cars. It should have been more diverse.
It is more diverse. We just happened to be the manufacturing capitol of the world because of the auto industries. You send all those jobs to Canada Mexico and china what do you expect other than a great recession.

Anyways, besides that, even when Michigan was booming Detroit was always a huge poor city. The big three and their suppliers hired a lot of blacks but not enough to solve poverty in Detroit.

So, you have really poor neighborhoods with really troubled kids with really poor parents and you don't get the best teachers to teach in those areas.

The Detroit's Saginaw and flint of America are our embarrassment but what can you do when people who shouldn't have kids do?

I Will never get why liberals think they can constantly get away with posting out right lies...

Two things.

Service Economy Taking Over U.S. | Economy In Crisis

and number two, those manufacturing jobs that left the USA were high paying. Now they came back they are low paying jobs.

Don’t kid yourself—US manufacturing jobs are never really “coming back” from China

What's funny is that there is sooo much more to the story than what you know but explaining it all to you would clearly be pointless.

P.S. I'm glad you are proud to be second.

Two things.

and number two, those manufacturing jobs that left the USA were high paying. Now they came back they are low paying jobs.

Don’t kid yourself—US manufacturing jobs are never really “coming back” from China

What's funny is that there is sooo much more to the story than what you know but explaining it all to you would clearly be pointless.

Says the moron who says the USA don't manufacture anything anymore and who never left Michigan...

Fool I was born and raised in Illinois left 12 years ago, I know more about US manufacturing on my left pinkie then you will know in a lifetime.

Two things.

Says the moron who says the USA don't manufacture anything anymore and who never left Michigan...

Fool I was born and raised in Illinois left 12 years ago, I know more about US manufacturing on my left pinkie then you will know in a lifetime.

What's being manufactured on your left pinky?

Two things.

Did you see the economy is going to add 2.7 million jobs the next two years and unemployment will be under 5%? Thanks Obama.

The current system lacks accountability, competition, choice. Poor and minority students are disadvantaged thanks to the corrupt educational monopoly.

Study Shows Black Parents Support School Choice | FreedomWorks

The market system favors the super rich and evil to the core. It has nothing to do with freedom.

There isn't a first rate educational system on earth that isn't at least partly funded by government.

Even for profit private corporation University of Phoenix couldn't survive without federal government backed student loans.

And how come Republicans don't dream if one day sending their kid to that for profit school? Shouldn't university of phoenix be a better degree than msu or u of m?

The current system lacks accountability, competition, choice. Poor and minority students are disadvantaged thanks to the corrupt educational monopoly.

The market system favors the super rich and evil to the core. It has nothing to do with freedom.

There isn't a first rate educational system on earth that isn't at least partly funded by government.
I have no problem with government funding, but why not let parents and students decide which school is worthy to receive this funding? Then bad schools (whether public or private) will go out of business and good schools will prosper.

Even for profit private corporation University of Phoenix couldn't survive without federal government backed student loans.

And how come Republicans don't dream if one day sending their kid to that for profit school? Shouldn't university of phoenix be a better degree than msu or u of m?
Some private schools are good others aren't. Let parents and students decide which schools are doing a good job.

Why not give poor families the same options that limousine liberals have? Let poor families have some choice. Do you think bureaucrats should dictate to the underprivileged?

Articles: Obama's War on Black Education

Last edited:

Some private schools are good others aren't. Let parents and students decide which schools are doing a good job.

Why not give poor families the same options that limousine liberals have? Let poor families have some choice. Do you think bureaucrats should dictate to the underprivileged?
I don't got a problem with that

Two things.

Did you see the economy is going to add 2.7 million jobs the next two years and unemployment will be under 5%? Thanks Obama.
Ignore the lowest worker participation rate in history...well okay obamabot.

On the bottom again. NAEP report says Georgia asks less of its students than other states | Get Schooled

Georgia came in dead last in the rigor of its reading proficiency standards in both fourth and eighth grades, and near last in math.

4th grade reading standards*

47. Arkansas

48. Alabama

49. Idaho

50. Ohio

51. Georgia

4th grade mathematics standards

47. South Carolina

48. Idaho

49. Georgia

50. Maryland

51. Alabama

8th grade reading

47. Arkansas

48. Utah

49. Ohio

50. Idaho

51. Georgia

8th grade mathematics standards

47. District of Columbia

48. Ohio

49. Georgia

50. Alabama

--------------

Let's don't talk about cities. How about we talk "states"?

Love those southern states. At least they are consistent, right?

Two things.

America has 5.8 million job openings

Rednecks don't want immigrants here because Rednecks aren't qualified for anything. They don't want their minimum wage jobs taken. There just aren't enough educated liberals to fill all those millions of good jobs. That's what happens when you tell people education is for snobs.

On the bottom again. NAEP report says Georgia asks less of its students than other states | Get Schooled

Georgia came in dead last in the rigor of its reading proficiency standards in both fourth and eighth grades, and near last in math.

47. Arkansas

48. Alabama

49. Idaho

50. Ohio

51. Georgia

47. South Carolina

48. Idaho

49. Georgia

50. Maryland

51. Alabama

8th grade reading

47. Arkansas

48. Utah

49. Ohio

50. Idaho

51. Georgia

47. District of Columbia

48. Ohio

49. Georgia

50. Alabama

--------------

Imagine where they would be if black Atlanta teachers didn't inflate the grades of black Georgia kids. If you love southern states you must be really wetting your panties about the big cities.

Prison sentences for eight former Atlanta educators in test-cheating scandal

Two things.

What does that even mean? Go get a job!

Michigan's Economy Keeps Rolling Along; 126,000 New Jobs In Next Two Years

US Economy to Grow at Fastest Pace in 10 Years

Two things.

The numbers look pretty bad. But to understand why this number is important, you have to understand what people think it says—and what it actually says.

Critics of Obama think it shows that his supposedly liberal policies are damaging the economy and prompting Americans to drop out of the job market en masse. They think it shows the Democratic neo-welfare state this president constructed is rewarding laziness by doling out government handouts. They think it somehow shows that the sharp decline in the US unemployment rate is a fraud.

But it doesn’t show these things. All it shows is that the labor force—the number of people either employed or “actively looking for work”—is a shrinking share of the US population.

http://qz.com/286213/the-chart-obama-haters-love-most-and-the-truth-behind-it/

47. Arkansas

48. Alabama

49. Idaho

50. Ohio

51. Georgia

47. South Carolina

48. Idaho

49. Georgia

50. Maryland

51. Alabama

8th grade reading

47. Arkansas

48. Utah

49. Ohio

50. Idaho

51. Georgia

47. District of Columbia

48. Ohio

49. Georgia

50. Alabama

--------------

Imagine where they would be if black Atlanta teachers didn't inflate the grades of black Georgia kids. If you love southern states you must be really wetting your panties about the big cities.

Prison sentences for eight former Atlanta educators in test-cheating scandal
Lets not go there. Don't try to pretend every white kid in my highschool that graduated gave an honest effort. A lot didn't. White teachers pass white losers too.

Forum List

Back