Dennis Hastert Is Indicted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing that lefties think a guy withdrawing too much of his own money is a major deal

Do you know why the FBI thinks it is a big deal or are you and the other tards to mentally challenged to read the articles about the indictment?

Hastert is accused of paying hush money to someone from his past. The indictment also makes mention that Hastert used to be a high school teacher and wrestling coach. It is the very first thing mentioned in the indictment.

Before you tards rush in with your stupid, "Gee what's wrong with withdrawing your own money?" idiocy defense, you might want to think about where the dots might lead.

aagf2f.jpg

117a2w4.jpg

And the Clintons. they skate off with their corruptions, lies and crony cheats in the Democrat party

Nothing to see here folks.
gmLAHKL.jpg

Stephanie
I believe that Stephanie is merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the left. Everyone knows without a doubt that the Clintons are corrupt, money grubbing criminals and yet beloved by the morally degenerate Democratic Party.

Hastert could very well be a crook and a prime example of the perks and corruptions the political class has been getting away with for years but the case isn't tried yet so all we're seeing is morally bankrupt and myopic pre-judgements.

Last edited:
You know...............I live in Amarillo and my bank is all the way over on the East Coast, but that's because I was in the Navy and found a bank that finally worked for me, and I continue to use them.

I can only draw out 300 dollars per day out of my account, because that is all my bank allows me to withdraw from my account per day via my bank card.

There have been things that I have "structured" in my withdraws, because of the amount I was able to take out at one time. One of those structured payments was to the IRS when I finally saved enough money to finally pay off the debt that I owed in taxes. It took me around 3 days, but I got it paid off.

However.................................I never had to pay off other people to keep silent about what I did.

Haskert pulled money out of his account, and he has the right to do that. However, he was pulling out amounts that wouldn't cause him to declare it, because he didn't want other people to know why he was doing it.

It's not the withdraws that I take issue with, it's the purpose that those money withdraws were used for. I don't care if he paid it in 10 dollar increments, a bribe is still a bribe.

From where I sit - Paying someone a bribe is not a crime -the criminal is the person extorting the bribe. Unless they have some evidence of an actual crime, this will go nowhere.

Depends.................paying a bribe to keep someone silent can be a crime as well.

If you did the crime, you should do the time, not pay someone to keep you from the consequences.

Depends.................paying a bribe to keep someone silent can be a crime as well.

If you did the crime, you should do the time, not pay someone to keep you from the consequences.

He's not being charged with a real crime. He's being charged with "structuring withdrawals" and "lying to the FBI". Bullshit charges .......

He's not being charged with a real crime. He's being charged with "structuring withdrawals" and "lying to the FBI". Bullshit charges .......
Lying to the FBI is not a minor charge.

BTW Zander...............how long can YOU get away with lying to the cops?

I'm guessing it's less than what Haskert was able to lie to the FBI.

Incidentally, I never said there was anything wrong with structured payments, hell, I even showed how I paid one myself.

But lying to the FBI? Sorry.............go directly to jail.

Ahhh, the irony of this...

150528174433-01-hastert-1999-super-169.jpg

Dennis Hastert in 2001: sworn-in as Speaker of the HOR, to defend the US Constitution. Uhuh.​

Patriot Act That Dennis Hastert Passed Led To His Indictment

On Oct. 24, 2001, then-House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) shepherded the Patriot Act through the House of Representatives. It passed 357 to 66, advancing to the Senate and then-President George W. Bush’s desk for signing.

Hastert took credit for House passage in a 2011 interview, claiming it “wasn’t popular, and there was a lot of fight in the Congress” over it.

Little did Hastert know at the time that the law he helped pass would give federal law enforcement the tools to indict him on charges of violating banking-related reporting requirements more than a decade later.

The Department of Justice on Thursday announced Hastert's indictment for agreeing to pay $3.5 million in hush money to keep someone quiet about his “prior misconduct.” The indictment accuses Hastert of structuring bank withdrawals to avoid bank reporting requirements, and lying to the FBI about the nature of the withdrawals. It does not reveal the “misconduct” that Hastert was trying to conceal. The recipient of the money was a resident of Yorkville, Illinois, where Hastert taught high school and coached wrestling from 1965 to 1981.

The indictment suggests that law enforcement officials relied on the Patriot Act’s expansion of bank reporting requirements to snare Hastert.

Ahhh, irony.

And so, we see yet another Republican embroiled in something illegal.

Yesiree, the GOP: party of high ethics, morals and family values.

Discuss: what do you think will happen to Hastert?

I didn't read the link but assuming Haster is guilty, I'm sure he will be held accountable for his actions (unlike all the tax cheats and other criminals in Obama's cabinet).

I didn't read the link but assuming Haster is guilty, I'm sure he will be held accountable for his actions (unlike all the tax cheats and other criminals in Obama's cabinet).

Uhuh....

Of course you didn't read the link. I don't expect Righties to even try or make a pretense of actually reading material these days. Must be a knuckledragger thing...

Uhuh....

Of course you didn't read the link. I don't expect Righties to even try or make a pretense of actually reading material these days. Must be a knuckledragger thing...
Hey dumbshit, I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I said "assuming he is guilty". What more do you want? I'm not obligated to read your fucking link, ok? I already saw the story. I guess your personal attack was to avoid responding to my comment about Obama's criminal cabinet, huh?

Uhuh....

Hey dumbshit, I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I said "assuming he is guilty". What more do you want? I'm not obligated to read your fucking link, ok? I already saw the story. I guess your personal attack was to avoid responding to my comment about Obama's criminal cabinet, huh?

Thank you for proving my point.

Righties can't read, they can't process information, they absolutely can't discern and they can't put together a cogent argument without knuckledragging. All they can do is grunt in between scratching their small balls.

If Obama's cabinet is criminal, why have charges not been filed? Hmmm...

Oh, let me guess: you think the DOJ is criminal, too.

You missed the entire point of the OP, but being a Rightie, I expected that you would.

Righties: too predictable.

Question is, what misconduct was he trying to cover up? I bet you he molested kids while he was a high school wrestling coach.

And I remember him during the time mark Foley was caught molesting male staffers.

Boy let me tell you these republicans are some very sick puppies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back