Rand Paul: ISIL exists because of GOP hawks.............

I was reading something from a rw pov, said that ISIS is the direct result of HW.

The R candidates will shred each other. Dems too. Then, they'll all be good friends after the election.

You're right. The GOP has spent so much time disagreeing with Obama, that now, their political moves only consist of attacking their opponent.

The only thing the GOP knows how to do is use scare tactics and smears now.

Well, Rand Paul's point is valid. We unintentionally provided ISIL with tons of weapons by foolishly arming Assad's opposition without thoroughly vetting who would get the weapons. And, it's true that Assad is on our side against ISIL and that weakening Assad helps ISIL. The mafia is pragmatic enough to help an enemy when that enemy is battling a worse enemy--the enemy of my enemy is my friend. We would be wise to be as practical.

Never said that Paul's point was not valid. I just find it interesting that someone who is seeking the GOP nomination is blaming the GOP for ISIL.

Not gonna exactly endear him to the base, you know.

Actually, Rand Paul blames right wing hawks and Hillary Clinton for the creation of ISISBOOMBAH. He's trying to mow down all his presidential opponents with a single silver bullet.

Trying to mow 'em down eh?

Somehow, I don't think that pissing off the GOP base by blaming the GOP for ISIL is gonna be any kind of "silver bullet" that will get rid of his competition.

You're right. The GOP has spent so much time disagreeing with Obama, that now, their political moves only consist of attacking their opponent.

You forgot to mention that they're racists, too. Wait a minute, Rand Paul isn't Black...is he Gay?

Somehow, I don't think that pissing off the GOP base by blaming the GOP for ISIL is gonna be any kind of "silver bullet" that will get rid of his competition.
It depends how isolationist the Right is feeling these days.

It seems that Rand Paul isn't blaming Obama or Jr. on the creation of ISIL, but rather the GOP hawks who voted for war and sent over weapons indiscriminately to arm the rebels.

Rand Paul ISIS exists...because of hawks in the GOP - CBS News

And now...............instead of sniping at Obama or Hillary, the other GOP candidates are turning on Paul.
Of course Obama and Hillary sent weapons over there as well, so there's plenty of blame to go around.

ok, Here is his statement:

"I would say it's exactly the opposite," Paul said. "ISIS exists and grew stronger because of the hawks in our party who gave arms indiscriminately, and most of those arms were snatched up by ISIS. These hawks also wanted to bomb [Syrian dictator Bashar] Assad, which would have made ISIS's job even easier."

Now, can anyone tell me how just the Hawks sent guns indiscriminately to anyone or anywhere? Wouldn't in this situation be the President's job? Aka Benghazi. And how does wanting to bomb Assad help ISIS?

Screw Paul, he has some good ideas but in reality is an idiot.

It seems that Rand Paul isn't blaming Obama or Jr. on the creation of ISIL, but rather the GOP hawks who voted for war and sent over weapons indiscriminately to arm the rebels.

And now...............instead of sniping at Obama or Hillary, the other GOP candidates are turning on Paul.
Of course Obama and Hillary sent weapons over there as well, so there's plenty of blame to go around.

What I tell you, BikerSailor! Huh? HA!

"I would say it's exactly the opposite," Paul said. "ISIS exists and grew stronger because of the hawks in our party who gave arms indiscriminately, and most of those arms were snatched up by ISIS. These hawks also wanted to bomb [Syrian dictator Bashar] Assad, which would have made ISIS's job even easier."

Now, can anyone tell me how just the Hawks sent guns indiscriminately to anyone or anywhere? Wouldn't in this situation be the President's job? Aka Benghazi. And how does wanting to bomb Assad help ISIS?

Because they supported the policy and voted to fund it. Obviously.

What I tell you, BikerSailor! Huh? HA!
Not sure what your point is here.

You forgot to mention that they're racists, too. Wait a minute, Rand Paul isn't Black...is he Gay?
What is it with you and your ilk that everything is about race? Oh right projection.

Because they supported the policy and voted to fund it. Obviously.

So there are so many Hawks in congress that they needed no one else to vote? They themselves passed whatever it is they did pass? Can you link us to a story about how Congress and not the President supplied the arms? Did Obama protest or was it something he wanted? Paul is full of crap.
Why is it obvious? Because Paul said so? Hardly.

Maybe he thinks he can jump aboard the democrat anti-Bush train but I think Senator Paul cut his own libertarian throat with that comment.

Unless he can recover them with his potency for extreme fiscal responsibility. He knows he's going to piss people off by saying this. It's a gambit. If he can get his primaries opponents on the hook to blast everything and anything he says just because he said it (much like many of them have done with hating all things Obama because Obama) they could end up destroying themselves later on when he shifts the topic to spending and they oppose measures to reduce spending and eliminate the deficit.

House approves US arms for Syrian rebels Al Jazeera America

The House of Representatives has approved President Barack Obama's plan to train and arm Syrian rebels that the U.S. classify as moderate, but questions remain over whether Washington will hand over advanced weapons that such groups say they need in order to defeat the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

The House voted 273 to 156 on Wednesday to authorize the strategy in a test of support for Obama's stepped-up campaign to, as he put it, "degrade and destroy" ISIL fighters who have seized swaths of Iraq and Syria as they seek to expand a self-declared caliphate in the heart of the Middle East.

Written as an amendment to a stopgap spending bill, the measure does not earmark any new money to pay for the arms or training. It passed with support from Democrats and Republicans, despite significant opposition from members of both parties.

Voting for the amendment were 159 Republicans and 114 Democrats, and 71 Republicans and 85 Democrats voted against.

Rand is a libertarian who believes (quite rightly) that we (as well as all other countries) have no biz at all having troops in other countries, nor getting involved in other country's wars. No country dares to attack ANY nuke power that has an Air Force or missile capable of carrying nuke weapons. To do so is simply suicidal.

Forum List

Back