Dennis Hastert Is Indicted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that cloud of dust I see on the horizon, Pa?

That's the Tu Quoque Brigade coming to town, son. And it looks like they're bringing the chuck wagon with them for a long stay.

And the Clintons. they skate off with their corruptions, lies and crony cheats in the Democrat party

Nothing to see here folks.

It looks like he was caught smurfing. Unfortunately, structuring in this way is a vaguely defined crime, more of a "know it when you see it." But if he lied to the FBI then they'll at least get him on those charges probably. The actual indictment can be found here.

What's that cloud of dust I see on the horizon, Pa?

That's the Tu Quoque Brigade coming to town, son. And it looks like they're bringing the chuck wagon with them for a long stay.

Damn. Took all of two minutes. Nailed it.

It's OK, she has no idea what we're talking about. ;)

And the Clintons. they skate off with their corruptions, lies and crony cheats in the Democrat party

Boy, that Two Cookie Brigade sure got here fast, Pa!

They have the quickest reflexes in the West, son.

Good!

He was Speaker of the House during the G.W. Bush Administration and I despise that gluttonous, arrogant bastard. I hope he is convicted, sent to prison, and dies there.
And this is a surprise? What took them so long? Oh, never mind...the Obama justice department..damn, that slipped my mind for a few seconds. Can you say Tom DeLay whose conviction was overturned?

The irony of this is just too good to pass up.

g5000 Stephanie tu quoque irony.jpg

The crime without a crime! Structuring is like civil forfeiture. It's a crime without there being any crime.

Well that's two in a row they have saved us from. We should all BOW to them

first the game of Soccer and those crooks running it
and now a FORMER politician.

WHOA

Good!

He was Speaker of the House during the G.W. Bush Administration and I despise that gluttonous, arrogant bastard. I hope he is convicted, sent to prison, and dies there.
Just heard it announced ... couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. :happy-1:

The crime without a crime! Structuring is like civil forfeiture. It's a crime without there being any crime.

Sometimes it is more clear cut than other cases. If someone say withdraws 9900 dollars ten times in a row, that looks a lot more like structuring. Part of the problem is that sometimes it isn't nearly as clear cut, but that doesn't make it not legitimately a crime in other cases. But if he lied to the FBI or tried to bribe a potential witness (as the indictment indicates) they may get him completely separately from the structuring charge.

I misread the thread title, and thought it said Dennis Haysbert.

640px-Dennis_Haysbert_3_March_2015.jpg

The President from the first seasons of 24 has been indicted?

The Allstate guy? But he's got such a calming voice...

Last edited:
Good!

Just heard it announced ... couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. :happy-1:

Sometimes it is more clear cut than other cases. If someone say withdraws 9900 dollars ten times in a row, that looks a lot more like structuring. Part of the problem is that sometimes it isn't nearly as clear cut, but that doesn't make it not legitimately a crime in other cases. But if he lied to the FBI or tried to bribe a potential witness (as the indictment indicates) they may get him completely separately from the structuring charge.

He can't possibly be bribing a potential witness. There's no alleged crime to be a witness to. I don't care if someone withdraws $9,900 50 times in a row. It's his money. He can burn it if he wants to.

The allegation is that this person has known Hastert the whole of his or her life. It sounds like a child. He's paid 3 1/2 million dollars over the years to an embarrassing kid.

These laws concerning structuring your own money or civil forfeiture to seize property have to go. No free people should have to live with these kinds of laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back