Democrats vote down late term abortion restrictions in D.C.

The implication is that all "choices" resulting in live birth compromise the mother's health.
Beyond stupid...

We recognise that childbirth is dangerous, and that no one should be forced to give birth against their will.

abortions are also dangerous...

Woman dies after abortion at Planned Parenthood clinic

Tonya Reaves, 24, of the 1500 block of N. Kildare, was pronounced dead at 11:20 p.m. Friday at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office. She was taken to the hospital from the Planned Parenthood clinic at 18 S. Michigan Ave.

An autopsy done Saturday listed the woman’s cause of death to be hemorrhage, with a cervical dilation and evacuation, as well as an intrauterine pregnancy as contributing causes, according to the medical examiner’s office. Her death was ruled an accident

Woman dies after abortion at Planned Parenthood clinic - Chicago Sun-Times

So is the whole process of pregnancy

Then don't willingly have sex... choices have consequences.. even consequences that effect lives of others

So if I never wanted children, I should never have sex?

That is the most fucking retarded thing I have heard.

No... if you don't want children, you can still have all the sex you want.. but if an unexpected turn comes about because of the action, you still do not have the right to kill another innocent human.. even if it is one that cannot take care of itself

Yes, women do have that right.

We recognise that childbirth is dangerous, and that no one should be forced to give birth against their will.

abortions are also dangerous...

Woman dies after abortion at Planned Parenthood clinic

Tonya Reaves, 24, of the 1500 block of N. Kildare, was pronounced dead at 11:20 p.m. Friday at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office. She was taken to the hospital from the Planned Parenthood clinic at 18 S. Michigan Ave.

An autopsy done Saturday listed the woman’s cause of death to be hemorrhage, with a cervical dilation and evacuation, as well as an intrauterine pregnancy as contributing causes, according to the medical examiner’s office. Her death was ruled an accident

Woman dies after abortion at Planned Parenthood clinic - Chicago Sun-Times

That is one case, which is very tragic.

How many women die during child birth these days?...Not many

Life matters to us, too. The life and welfare of the woman comes first for us, though. The life of a fetus comes first for the pro life crowd.
Both sides care about life, we just care about a different life, is all.

Life matters, unless it becomes an inconvenience... Then it's OK to destroy that life... Got it.

Do you support the death penalty?

What separates you from me is that I clearly see a difference between a criminal convicted of a capital offense, and an innocent unborn baby... You obviously do not see any difference between the two, and that is really disturbing.

I have a doctors appointment now so I will be back later, I hope. I am enjoying the debate so far. :)

So if I never wanted children, I should never have sex?

That is the most fucking retarded thing I have heard.

No... if you don't want children, you can still have all the sex you want.. but if an unexpected turn comes about because of the action, you still do not have the right to kill another innocent human.. even if it is one that cannot take care of itself

Yes, women do have that right.

Women have the right to murder out of inconvenience?? No.. We would contend they do not have that right, even if they are doing the action without legal prosecution

Death row inmates feel pain when they are injected. I am opposed to the death penalty for numerous reasons, and this is one of them.

Kill the innocent, save the maniacal murderers...

:rolleyes:

Except when they aren't guilty.

Who isnt guilty? That's hilarious.....you kill babies but dont want to kill murderers.....wow you are the stereotype extremist abortion lover......you prove everything the right says.....
And you said it yourself, ProChoice=ProAbortion.

I'm shocked no one has offed someone and used "abortion" as a criminal defense...

"Oh I was just performing abortions."

In theory it would be a perfectly viable defense...

I don't even know where to begin with that concept or legal position... I suppose it could be made considering the position some adhere to...

From a legal perspective what is really the difference between an adult or fetus - we all have the right to life - how does the constitution not apply to an individual in the womb?

Given the aforementioned abortion is murder. How is it not?

Wonderful set of ethics you have there.

Nice set you have, wanting to treat women like brood mares where they are forced to give birth.

You idiots seem to think childbirth is a walk in the park. It isn't.

Forced? What's wrong with both men and women using contraceptives to ensure idiots like you don't have to be inconvenienced. Personal responsibility... You might try it sometime.

Democrats want Abortion at any stage of pregnancy...Sick:mad:

House lawmakers vote down bill on DC abortion restrictions

House lawmakers Tuesday voted down a bill that would ban abortions in the District of Columbia after 20 weeks of pregnancy

The bill, which would have sharply curtailed a policy that currently allows abortions in almost every circumstance, failed in a 220-154 vote. Seventeen Democrats joined 203 Republicans to support it, but because it was considered under special rules requiring a 2/3 vote for passage, the bill won't proceed to the Democratic-controlled Senate, where it was unlikely come up for a vote.

The bill, authored by Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz., was based on the disputed claim that fetuses can feel pain at a gestational age of 20 weeks or older.
House lawmakers vote down bill on DC abortion restrictions | Fox News

I remember when Congress passed legislation banning partial-birth abortion only to have Clinton veto it.

While I'm here, rather than starting another abortion circle-jerk thread, I have a question for ya'll:

What, exactly, WOULD it take to overturn Roe v Wade?

I mean, we all know that the all powerful SCOTUS doesn't have an appeals process.

So, now what?

Start a whole new case?
We just witnessed how unpredictable the SCOTUS is....between the ACA and Citizens United cases.

What guarantee do we have of a "favorable" ruling?

I have a doctors appointment now so I will be back later, I hope. I am enjoying the debate so far. :)

Hopefully they'll up the dosage of whatever anti depressant you are taking.

Democrats want Abortion at any stage of pregnancy...Sick:mad:

House lawmakers vote down bill on DC abortion restrictions

House lawmakers Tuesday voted down a bill that would ban abortions in the District of Columbia after 20 weeks of pregnancy

The bill, which would have sharply curtailed a policy that currently allows abortions in almost every circumstance, failed in a 220-154 vote. Seventeen Democrats joined 203 Republicans to support it, but because it was considered under special rules requiring a 2/3 vote for passage, the bill won't proceed to the Democratic-controlled Senate, where it was unlikely come up for a vote.

The bill, authored by Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz., was based on the disputed claim that fetuses can feel pain at a gestational age of 20 weeks or older.
House lawmakers vote down bill on DC abortion restrictions | Fox News

I remember when Congress passed legislation banning partial-birth abortion only to have Clinton veto it.

While I'm here, rather than starting another abortion circle-jerk thread, I have a question for ya'll:

What, exactly, WOULD it take to overturn Roe v Wade?

I mean, we all know that the all powerful SCOTUS doesn't have an appeals process.

So, now what?

Start a whole new case?
We just witnessed how unpredictable the SCOTUS is....between the ACA and Citizens United cases.

What guarantee do we have of a "favorable" ruling?

It depends on what your definition of a favorable ruling is.

How many women die during child birth these days?...Not many

Amnesty International’s report Deadly Delivery: The Maternal Health Care Crisis in the USA, urges action to tackle a crisis that sees between two and three women die every day during pregnancy and childbirth in the USA.

A total of 1.7 million women a year, one-third of all pregnant women in the country, suffer from pregnancy-related complications.

The report also revealed that severe pregnancy-related complications that nearly cause death -- known as "near misses" -- are rising at an alarming rate, increasing by 25 percent since 1998.

Minorities, those living in poverty, Native American and immigrant women and those who speak little or no English are particularly affected.

USA urged to confront shocking maternal mortality rate | Amnesty International

The frightening fact is that if we don't get some of these knee-jerk proponents of industrialized murder to call a murder a murder, we'll soon be fighting for the lives of children whose parents accept the rationalization for infanticide now being pushed by the "ultra-evolved" among us.

The Rotting Fruit of Pro "Choice" Labors

Any of you fools who support abortion could have been aborted - think about that...

Wonderful set of ethics you have there.

Nice set you have, wanting to treat women like brood mares where they are forced to give birth.

You idiots seem to think childbirth is a walk in the park. It isn't.

Forced? What's wrong with both men and women using contraceptives to ensure idiots like you don't have to be inconvenienced. Personal responsibility... You might try it sometime.

Why don't the religious right and the repubs get out of our lives and let us live with our own decisions and let God settle the score?
I thought you repubs were braggarts on freedom,liberty and less intrusive government.

Forum List

Back