Democrats vote down late term abortion restrictions in D.C.

It sucks that congress is the one that tells the residents of DC what they can and can't do. Hell, those American citizens don't even have a voting representative. DC is the prime example of taxation without representation.

It sucks that congress is the one that tells the residents of DC what they can and can't do. Hell, those American citizens don't even have a voting representative. DC is the prime example of taxation without representation.

I would never live in D.C. for that very reason actually. It feels like they get the dick-end of the stick every single time. They're like every law makers laboratory for social policy. Eww.

It would suck if the hospital in her local area was a Catholic hospital and they refused to give her the morning after pill because she has no right to murder a rapists baby.
I know you don't live in America, so I'll cut ya some slack on this one. You are probably getting your information from some blog or liberal internet news group.

Women can go to Walmart Drugs here in the states and get a months worth of birth control pills for about 9 bucks. They can get the morning after pill for like 12 bucks. So although being raped was NOT her fault and it's not fair that it should cost her anything...LIFE AIN'T FAIR!

Besides, if that same pill IS given at a hospital, it cost SOMEONE...the woman, the insurance company, the people who pay premiums to that insurance company, the tax payers...SOMEONE pays about 200 bucks for the very same pill.

Me, I like Walmart!

Free enterprise WORKS!

Military bases don't have separate representatives either. Neither do national parks.

The people who CHOOSE to live in the District of Columbia have basically chosen to live on a federal reserve. They CAN move...which is what the founders intended. That's how we got here.

VOTE WITH YOUR FEET...and they'll get the point! ;~)

Military bases don't have separate representatives either. Neither do national parks.

The people who CHOOSE to live in the District of Columbia have basically chosen to live on a federal reserve. They CAN move...which is what the founders intended. That's how we got here.

VOTE WITH YOUR FEET...and they'll get the point! ;~)

A resident of a military base is a resident of that state or their home state.
Same with park rangers.
:cool:

A resident of a military base is a resident of that state or their home state.
Same with park rangers.
:cool:
The difference is, the residents of a military base don't have to worry about the politically directed police force on that base arresting them before the vote on Obamacare or the budget...oh, wait, we ain't had one of those in 3 years...and changing the outcome of politics in our nation. OR...rezone the White House industrial!

And ALL federal reservations and installations in this country are constitutionally bound by the laws and regulations of the states they are in.

THAT is the reason behind why DC is autonomous. So that it's function can't be interfered with by local politics. If DC were a state...the federal government would be bound by the laws of that state.

It's the same reason they elect NON VOTING members to Congress. Only the representatives of STATES can vote in congress as per the Constitution. Their congressional representatives DO get participate in debate, conference and committees. Just not vote.

At least their vote for president counts....not that THAT is a good thing given their political leanings. LOL

Forum List

Back