Democratic Party.. "Uncle Toms"

You don't know your history, which is probably why you will do anything to avoid seriously discussing it.

Your problem is I DO know history.

I also know your history -- which makes leftists feel good about themselves, but serves no other purpose.

When you purposefully whitewash reality to make your side look good, that's not history. It's propaganda.

Do you dispute that the conservative southern Democratic wing of the Democratic party began to split with the rest of the party with the Truman presidency?
:lol: As if that explains the Northern Democrats who voted against the CRA?

So what? A rightwinger SHOT Martin Luther King.

Which was worse?

...take your time, 'nuts...think about it...
Well, that's certainly one way to excuse progressive racism.

And the fact that you even made that pathetic attempt at distraction shows you know progressive racism exists.

But you just can't acknowledge it, can you?

You point out some sort of cookie throwing incident where a Black man is the target, and try to make a point about who did it.

I pointed out an assassination of a Black man. My point is the same as yours, only stronger.
You think you have, but you're wrong. You simply parrot your programming and instead support my case.

You claim Oswald was a conservative? How many conservatives to you think have ever defected to the Soviet Union?

You should probably just go ahead and assume the everything you think you know is wrong.

So what?

Can I attribute all criticism of Barack Obama to conservative racism?
Progressives like these claim it is: A Modern Timeline of Liberals Claiming That Opposition to Obama = Racism - Hit & Run : Reason.com

http://www.thepiratescove.us/2012/06/12/cbc-all-opposition-to-obama-is-racist/

Virginia state senator: Opposition to Obama 'all about race' - National Elections | Examiner.com

I'll await your condemnation of their simplistic thinking.

:lmao: Yeah, I couldn't type that with a straight face.

I didn't ask their opinion, I asked yours. Which I won't get because that will ruin your argument.
My argument is that you ignore racism on the left.

Thanks for proving me correct.

Democrats and Gun Control...

-----------------------------------:popcorn:

Gun control laws were originally promulgated by Democrats to keep guns out of the hands of blacks. This allowed the Democratic policy of slavery to proceed with fewer bumps and, after the Civil War, allowed the Democratic Ku Klux Klan to menace and murder black Americans with little resistance.

(Contrary to what illiterates believe, the KKK was an outgrowth of the Democratic Party, with overlapping membership rolls. The Klan was to the Democrats what the American Civil Liberties Union is today: Not every Democrat is an ACLU’er, but every ACLU’er is a Democrat. Same with the Klan.)

In 1640, the very first gun control law ever enacted on these shores was passed in Virginia. It provided that blacks — even freemen — could not own guns.

Chief Justice Roger Taney’s infamous opinion in Dred Scott v. Sandford circularly argued that blacks could not be citizens because if they were citizens, they would have the right to own guns: “t would give them the full liberty,” he said, “to keep and carry arms wherever they went.”

With logic like that, Republicans eventually had to fight a Civil War to get the Democrats to give up slavery. Alas, they were Democrats, so they cheated.After the war, Democratic legislatures enacted “Black Codes,” denying black Americans the right of citizenship — such as the rather crucial one of bearing arms — while other Democrats (sometimes the same Democrats) founded the Ku Klux Klan.

The Democrats’ Racist Gun Control History

Interesting issue. In fact, the South was still Democratic at state level until the late-1990s.

Rtc.gif

Last edited:
Even if blacks voted overwhelmingly for FDR, Democrats remained the party of the South. This map is from the 1946 House election:

80_us_house_membership.png

In the Deep South House Democrats ran unopposed or against independent candidates (rarely a Republican)

Last edited:
:eusa_think:....mmm

When you consider lifetimes of high unemployment, generations withering in social programs, lack of opportunity, (past, present and future) millions of abortions and the Democratic Party underwhelming support for the ending of slavery and civil rights legislation for African Americans.

Wouldn't you have to consider most Democratic Party leaders and supporters nothing more than, "Uncle Toms".

--------------------------:eusa_eh:

The term "Uncle Tom" is used as a derogatory epithet for an excessively subservient person, particularly when that person perceives their own lower-class status based on race. It is similarly used to negatively describe a person who betrays their own group by participating in its oppression, whether or not they do so willingly.

Uncle Tom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pardon me....but that could have been the conventional wisdom, had the parties not switched ideologies and platforms from the late 60's to the 80's. The Republican Party, especially the extreme right wing (i.e. The Tea Party) houses the former racist Southern Democrats (i.e. Dixiecrats) and KKK'ers, who fled the Democratic Party for the open arms of the Republican Party, before, during and after the Reagan Administration.

When did republicans become democrats and democrats became republicans
The south was originally a vastly Democratic party up until about 1948, when the Democrats proposed civil rights for the first time on the party platform. So old southern Democrats opposed blacks getting equality in America, especially in voting rights, so they wedged off from the Democratic party, and created a states rights party, which they also called the "Dixiecrats. " Meanwhile, because Democrats had adopted a more open and inclusive ideology, they were winning more and more in traditional Republican districts, so by 1968, the south supported Gov. Wallace from Alabama, still in revolt to equality for blacks, mostly because Wallace supported the Jim Crow laws of the past. By 1980 Republican moderates like Ronald Reagan had pretty much taken completely over the south, and Democrats, who had become the more accepting and inclusive party was a mostly workers union northern party. Old hard lined Southern Democrats made the complete transition to the now closed minded and backwards southern Republican party. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina stated, "I didn't leave the Democratic party, the Democratic party left me." So the transformation of the parties was now complete, and for the most part the old bigoted, racist Democrats, are in unity behind the Republican-GOP party, with the occasional run off into states rights parties, TEA parties, and others. While the Democrats today stand for equality, fairness, inclusiveness, equal pay, environmental protections, and a government that helps the people, not sets them back, as the Republican party does.

When you consider lifetimes of high unemployment, generations withering in social programs, lack of opportunity, (past, present and future) millions of abortions and the Democratic Party underwhelming support for the ending of slavery and civil rights legislation for African Americans.

Wouldn't you have to consider most Democratic Party leaders and supporters nothing more than, "Uncle Toms".

The term "Uncle Tom" is used as a derogatory epithet for an excessively subservient person, particularly when that person perceives their own lower-class status based on race. It is similarly used to negatively describe a person who betrays their own group by participating in its oppression, whether or not they do so willingly.

Pardon me....but that could have been the conventional wisdom, had the parties not switched ideologies and platforms from the late 60's to the 80's. The Republican Party, especially the extreme right wing (i.e. The Tea Party) houses the former racist Southern Democrats (i.e. Dixiecrats) and KKK'ers, who fled the Democratic Party for the open arms of the Republican Party, before, during and after the Reagan Administration.

The south was originally a vastly Democratic party up until about 1948, when the Democrats proposed civil rights for the first time on the party platform. So old southern Democrats opposed blacks getting equality in America, especially in voting rights, so they wedged off from the Democratic party, and created a states rights party, which they also called the "Dixiecrats. " Meanwhile, because Democrats had adopted a more open and inclusive ideology, they were winning more and more in traditional Republican districts, so by 1968, the south supported Gov. Wallace from Alabama, still in revolt to equality for blacks, mostly because Wallace supported the Jim Crow laws of the past. By 1980 Republican moderates like Ronald Reagan had pretty much taken completely over the south, and Democrats, who had become the more accepting and inclusive party was a mostly workers union northern party. Old hard lined Southern Democrats made the complete transition to the now closed minded and backwards southern Republican party. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina stated, "I didn't leave the Democratic party, the Democratic party left me." So the transformation of the parties was now complete, and for the most part the old bigoted, racist Democrats, are in unity behind the Republican-GOP party, with the occasional run off into states rights parties, TEA parties, and others. While the Democrats today stand for equality, fairness, inclusiveness, equal pay, environmental protections, and a government that helps the people, not sets them back, as the Republican party does.

Shear bullshit but nice try stranger...:lol:

Shear bullshit but nice try stranger...:lol:

The word you were going for was "Sheer", not "shear". And find the evidence which refutes it, is what you do.

Idiotic.

Minorities and women are more represented among the ranks of the public sector than are white males, because the prejudices that are still so prevalent in the private sector are actively suppressed in the public one.

Of all the sectors of the economy, that hardest hit since Obama took office is government at all levels.

Idiotic.

Minorities and women are more represented among the ranks of the public sector than are white males, because the prejudices that are still so prevalent in the private sector are actively suppressed in the public one.

Of all the sectors of the economy, that hardest hit since Obama took office is government at all levels.

Opinion.

Forum List

Back