Black conservative tea party backers take heat

Black conservative tea party backers take heat - Yahoo! News

Remind us again how the tea party is racist. Remind us again how Liberals support free speech and the exchange of ideas. Remind us again how the Black Caucus kicked out a black republican cause he was not a Democrat.

Why are supposedly color blind conservatives so obsessed with how many black people they have in their Tea Party?

:lol:

We aren't.

However, we keep hearing how "racist" we are because there aren't "enough" blacks involved.

So we're just appeasing you guys, who apparently think in terms of color.

BTW, it was a liberal who said that all the blacks involved with the tea party are there to sing and dance.

The only underlying racism is in your head. There have only been a handful of people out of the hundreds of thousands of people that have participated in the tea parties that have espoused racist garbage, but you already know that too.

Using your logic, I can conclude the following:

Barack Obama loves the new health care bill.

Fidel Castro praised the new health care bill.

Fidel Castro is a Communist.

Therefore, Barack Obama is also a Communist.

Not quite, I never said there is underlying racism for the whole group. Go reread what I said, because I don't act like Glenn Beck in my logical thinking.

Remind us again how the tea party is racist. Remind us again how Liberals support free speech and the exchange of ideas. Remind us again how the Black Caucus kicked out a black republican cause he was not a Democrat.

Don't know your history,
[Another Negro magnate in Louisiana, with over 100 slaves, was Antoine Dubuclet, a sugar planter whose estate was valued at (in 1860 dollars) $264,000[/QUOTE]

There are always people who are willing to sacrafice their own for profits or someother perceived greater principle..

John Phillip Walker Lindh (born February 9, 1981) is an American citizen who was captured as an enemy combatant during the United States' 2001 invasion of Afghanistan. He is now serving a 20-year prison sentence in connection with his participation in Afghanistan's Taliban army. He was captured during the Battle of Qala-i-Jangi, a violent Taliban prison uprising where American CIA officer Johnny "Mike" Spann was killed.

Last edited:
mccain is no conservative either....that was the problem more than likely and the republicans in office were not conservative either....

Why did you vote for Obama?

Because he's black.

And I support the republican congressman in my district because he's white.

I think I'll vote for a hispanic after that.:lol:

Shit I had a few reasons, on a serious note. The biggest was my frustration with the direction this nation was headed. Obama represented a change in the dynamic and an excitement in politics that we hadn't had before during the campaign. While at the time I knew that this "change" probably wouldn't translate into policy come his election (which it hasn't) I was at least going to voice my opposition to the way things were then. Come 2012 I'll be voicing my opposition to the way things STILL are and registering Republican and voting for Gary Johnson in the primaries, and then possibly Libertarian/third party in the generals (at least that's my plan as of now). Basically my opposition to the Bush days drove my vote for Obama. I know I wasn't alone in that.

In other words your " pro-gun, anti-irs, pro-small government" stance is pretty weak.

In other words, I consider American politics to be more of a game that's fun to watch and politicians that do hold my views on guns, the irs, and small government never win elections. So I do like the rest of the world and vote on superficial shit like "hope and change" and "bomb bomb bomb Iran".

mccain is no conservative either....that was the problem more than likely and the republicans in office were not conservative either....

Shhh. Don't tell him that. In all honesty the only thing I might agree on with McCain is guns. McCain represented a more centrist version of Bushism. The only thing I'd side with Bush on was probably guns. Bushie increased the size of government traumatically, and I don't remember Bush ever trying to abolish the IRS. I just said that my goal was to show my disapproval of Bush... so why would I vote for "Bush light"?

Why are supposedly color blind conservatives so obsessed with how many black people they have in their Tea Party?

We aren't.

However, we keep hearing how "racist" we are because there aren't "enough" blacks involved.

So we're just appeasing you guys, who apparently think in terms of color.

BTW, it was a liberal who said that all the blacks involved with the tea party are there to sing and dance.

I think it was Alan Keyes who convinced me that demented wingnuts come in all colors.

The left is composed solely of them, however. Wing nuttedness is apparently a trait that is nurtured and treasured.

I'm pro-gun, anti-irs, pro-small government, pro-school choice, and pretty much a social libertarian (pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, anti-drug war). Wouldn't dare call myself a republican or a "black conservative". Most black republicans I know fall into one of two categories, black bastards who grew up either around all whites or very few blacks complaining about how much they hate the black community because we're all moraless, lazy, crime-prone, drains to society on welfare (Jesse Lee Peterson)... or just plain idiots (Michael Steele). Most black conservatives have a preconceived notion that racism no longer exists, which we can disprove just by spending a few moments in the USMB forums on race... or that poor people cause all of their own problems.

Republicans especially, consistently neglect and undermine the African American community by offering absolutely no solutions to the REAL and SERIOUS problems that face urban and inner city life and the concerns of the African American middle class. The closest the Republican Party has come to actually trying to sway African Americans comes from their embracing of the "social conservative" message which they thought could work because the majority of African Americans ARE fundamentalist or evangelical Christians. The largest black denominations are the COGIC (pentecostal) and the African Methodist Episcopal Church, which are both socially conservative. I myself, as much as I hate moral values voters, grew up fundamentalist Apostolic/Pentecostal. Anyway this means most blacks generally AREN'T fans of gay marriage and the community is largely split down the middle on abortion.

With the rise in popularity of mega-churches that are often woed by the christian right the republican party THOUGHT they'd have a chance at doubling or maybe tripling their percentage of black voters. Remember they were talking about that in 2000 when Bush the compassionate conservative got a pretty nice percentage of black voters (which he definitely didn't get in 2004 for various reasons)? Turns out most African Americans just don't vote outside of the party and don't vote on values issues and don't see them as crucial at all. That and the fact that many blacks are becoming most socially liberal with the times and many African Americans (and even some conservative African Americans) came out in opposition to the wars, are what is leading to the Republicans loosing ground even now amongst so-called blacks.

The fact is, though I'm a moderate fiscal conservative myself, the republican party has NEVER been able to come up with an urban platform that works and that can attract urban voters. The attitude of the GOP towards the inner city is it'll never change, it's all their fault, and pull yourself up by your bootstraps. If one truly takes a look at the serious and fundamental problems that plague the black lower and in ways middle class, there are some conservative answers to the problem. For instance over-taxation choking neighborhood businesses to death, lack of accountability in the schools, the federal government failing when it comes to the bailouts, second amendment restrictions and prohibition in the city causing the formation of a massive black market (which is largely a libertarian issue, but being that I like their platform and think there's is the most plausible in the inner cities anyway this applies to them as well). There are fronts upon which the right can win, but they don't field the right candidates and refuse to address issues that concern people of color.

Of course the republican party though has embraced neo-conservativism and christian rightism which cannot and will not hold the so-called black vote. People of color saw the failure of Bushism over and over again in Katrina for instance. But instead of the Republican party telling the truth and revealing that Federal government bureaucracy and failures in FEMA and FEMA being an unnecessary federal program that should be dismantled they go about sending social conservatives to blame the people that live in New Orleans for staying in the city when there's but a few ways out of the city and tens of thousands of people who are elderly and without cars. That whole thing was a complete fail for the Republican Party and shows the disconnect. Between the Republican Party and the so-called negro community. Do I think a Democrat could have done better? No. The Federal government absolutely failed, and it failed for a reason, and the right has a strategic place to say exactly why and what happened and where the failure occurred. Instead they blamed the tens of thousands of people starving on live television for starving on live television and piss black people off even more.

Which is why people who identify with the republican party are called "uncle toms", not because they have an ideology that's different from the community's but because they identify with a party that has foolishly neglected the so-called African American community, and really doesn't even pretend to care about the inner cities. While I'll admit that the democrats only do just that "pretend", I'm a registered democrat because at least they make an effort to address us. They're not perfect as a party and I agree with them on almost nothing accept for that I'm extremely socially liberal, (though I'm probably to socially liberal for even them), but it's an avenue through which I feel comfortable working in. I don't feel comfortable working with a bunch of hicks who think that people who lived in New Orleans should have drowned or saved themselves. Now, I know that's not all the GOP stands for, but in this context that's the dynamic we have to look at here. That kind of politicking works well in the foothills but not in Atlanta, NYC, Chicago, Memphis, or Baltimore. However there is now (especially with the rise of the tea party) so little room within the Republican Party for politicians who stray away from the social agenda and who are fit to address these issues that that party specifically HAS become the party of conservative white males. That's the demographic they've focused on, and thus they've even lost much of the Hispanic base they had.

The Republican Party needs to sit down and discuss how they're going to address urban issues, and that doesn't mean that they need Michael Steele to start rapping and Michelle Bachmann standing at a pulpit saying "you da man", that shit just pisses us off more. So-called negroes don't just do things because a weak ass rap song made by a 50 something year old man with glasses and a receding hairline told us to. There is a unique experience that comes with living in the inner cities of the United States, and such experiences comes with their own concerns. Democrats know those concerns, they're just bad at dealing with them.

Why do you refer to yourself as an African American? Have you or anyone in your family ever been to Africa?

uptownlivin90 here's a flash for you. By your own admission the Dimocrat party that roughly 90% or so of blacks blindly - and foolishly IMO - supports with their votes has done virtually nothing to change the plight of urban blacks in America. And that's never going to change for the simple reasons that only urban blacks can determine to take advantage of educational opportunities, only urban blacks can determine speaking Ebonics in lieu of standard English is a barrier to any possible success outside their ghettos, only urban blacks can determine their staggering rate of out-of-wedlock births is nothing short of catastrophic, just to name a few of the many systemic problems damning black culture in America.

So, yeah, continue with the denigration and name calling of the few blacks who are too smart to wallow in others' victimhood.

I'm going to blow this bullshit out of the water right here. First of all, your assumption that most successful people of color are republican, is dead wrong. Most middle class blacks and even upper class blacks are still overwhelmingly democrat. THAT being said, there are some issues you mentioned that aren't even unique to blacks at all. Every demographic in this country has it's own accent. I'm from Mississippi, my speech reflects that. I know how to speak properly however, when necessary but I can assure you BEING from Mississippi poor speech is not a so-called "negro" problem.

Additionally "by my own admission" NEITHER party has done anything to address the plight and issues of urban Americans. In matter of fact NEITHER party has done much of anything for anybody in this nation. The fact of the matter is, what the government does has an affect on people's lives. In the cities, the effect has been been largely negative, which is why I am for small government, because it ENHANCES personal responsibility. To pretend though that this monstrosity of a drug war and the prohibition of weapons hasn't massively effected the cities JUST LIKE alcohol prohibition did not massively effect the cities creating Irish, Polish, and Italian gangs back in the 20s, would be ignorant at best. This "Drug War" has done more damage to the inner cities than any other unconstitutional government program known to man. To deny that would be lunacy. The only one of "you" who seem to get it though is probably Ron Paul.

There have been in depth studies and analysis on this. I've been in activism fighting against government expansion and this drug war for the past two years. Exactly how many black people do you know and how long have you lived in an area where poor people of color live?

You are one dumb S.O.B., uptown. I'll address the first two examples and not bother to waste my time on the rest of your tripe.

Kindly inform the class where I made the assumption that most successful people of color are republican?

Saying 'axe' when the proper word to use is ask is not an example of a regional or demographic accent. Nor are, I be going to...or, she be wanting...accents either. They, and countless others, are examples of ignorance that is perfectly acceptable within the black urban populace. Know what um sayin'?

Setup and a forgery probably by an SEIU thug.

Yeah right. If they thought they could get away with it, some would be saying the same thing on C-Span's call in program. And they do try! But get as far as fucking ______ or ******, and they get cut off. Are you kidding? If you want, I can send you a link via PM to where you'll see that kind of talk in thousands of posts.
And you never question it? Of course not, you are sure you know how the other side thinks and talks. Send me your link in a PM.

I don't question what? I question the blatant bigotry whenever I see it. Your link is on its way.

Correction: both MLK and his father were Republicans. Since the left controls the MSM why would anyone be surprised that "hate" groups pop up on the right? (unsurprisingly they never, never, pop up on the Left; cause by definition they can't be hate groups; fancy that !!)

EDIT: MLK's family is still Republican. It's because they are so much more historically aware than you, Zona, that they've made that sensible choice.

I don't know why you (collectively) continue to try to prove that there is no more hatred coming from the right as there was from the left. The numbers and the news reports simply say otherwise. I don't think anyone denies that over the years there have been issue-oriented hate groups who protested loudly and crudely, but this past year has seen an enormous increase in the type of group that fully hope to engage in civil war.

Militant and hate group Internet use grows: report - International Business Times

I've already answered this question several times but maybe I was too subtle. Thank you for the opportunity to express it again: There is a tendency by the MSM to report any apparent instances from the right but ignore them from the left, therefore it seems to be wholly from the right. Since you live with that filter and it favors your opinion or point of view, of course you would see it that way.

Odd though, that out in the great unwashed masses, even with the bias we are all afflicted with from the MSM, that opinion is not held by the majority. That's why Liberals only hold a 19% demo while Conservatives hold a 39% demo.

An indication that you are in that form of denial is exhibited by the fact that all liberal information media are shrinking, while conservative ones are growing. The WSJ now has so many subscribers in my rural area that instead of using USPS for daily on-time-delivery direct delivery is now being used.

One more thing; isn't it funny that the left constantly cries that their politicians aren't verbally tough enough, or don't really take it to the Republicans? How strange is that when all we see from the left is assaultive language and angry rhetoric?

If you have information from YOUR sources, other than media (say, the WSJ, NewsMax, WND, etc.), then I'd be happy to check out all those militant organizations being formed by the left.

As far as your "demos," according to the Pew poll data which I believe was posted somewhere here, "liberals" actually account for only 22% since most DEMOCRATS are NOT "liberals." You see the term "liberal" has been applied by that evil mainstream media to imply some demonic characterization and it is carelessly thrown around by, er, CONS such as yourself to be all-inclusive of anyone who doesn't walk in lockstep with your groupthink. Correction: There are those evil "rhinos" too.

Requires no answer, frankly. When they were trying to choose a chairman for the RNC, Michael Steele was certainly NOT the one they wanted for that position, but they chose him as if to say "Look! We got one tooooooo!!" Now the Republican leadership would like to dump him, but of course can't because...

No Child Left Behind has been reinvented to place more emphasis on student performance, not test results

??????????????????????????????????????

So just showing up for class is good performance???.If you want a license to perform any professional service you take a TEST,you want to drive a car,you take a test.Testing is and will remain a vital part of education.

What it really says is I don't need to be accountable,just look and sound good.

NCLB should be completely repealed because the Federal government has no Constitutional authority to be involved in education in the first place.

The constitutionality was debated in federal court, but was never brought before the USSC, so until it is, the law stands.

Forum List

Back