democrat media finally discovered...more Americans bought guns, our accidental gun deaths went down

How many accidental guns deaths in the
UK?

Doesn't matter.....we have guns, we will have accidents.....Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminals, the British violent crime rate is going up.....
Guns have been used 100 MILLION times to stop violent criminals in my lifetime but I don`t know of 1 single person who has done so. Not one. ZERO! Do you realize how idiotic your claim is?

Not my claim, asshole......it is actual research by both private and government researchers many of them pro gun control researchers who set out to prove your side of the argument....and had their own beliefs destroyed........bill clinton's Department of Justice study, barak obama's CDC research in 2013.........tell them they are wrong...

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

58 dead, 500 injured. One shooting with the weapons that the crazies have a vast preference for. Five officers and two civilians shot in Denver last week. Yep, what we need is more guns on the street.

You are so right....if he wanted to actually kill more people.....he fired over 1000 rounds from two different rifles into a tightly packed crowd of over 22,000 people......and murdered 58.....he would have just rented a truck.......

The guy in Nice, France, with a rental truck, murdered 86 people and injured 458, in 5 minutes......if their Home Depots are like ours...that truck cost him the equivalent of 19 dollars for the first hour of killing.....

2016 Nice attack - Wikipedia

On the evening of 14 July 2016, a 19 tonne cargo truck was deliberately driven into crowds of people celebrating Bastille Dayon the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, France, resulting in the deaths of 86 people[2] and the injury of 458 others.[4]

58 dead, 500 injured. One shooting with the weapons that the crazies have a vast preference for. Five officers and two civilians shot in Denver last week. Yep, what we need is more guns on the street.

Yes....we need more law abiding Americans owning and also carrying guns....over the last 24 years, as more Americans bought, owned and actually carried guns...our crime rate went down...

You are so right...more Americans need to carry guns......

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

"Democrat media" :lmao:

SUCH butthurt.

As if "media" had political parties. Pathetic.
Another shitforbrains dufus.

Yeah I know, and I told him. He had no response.

Now watch, he'll post it again expecting different results.

Yeah....asswipe.....there is the truth, and the fiction you live....journalists vote for democrats at over 90%.......so yeah, they are the press wing of the democrat party....dumbshit....

What media bias? Journalists overwhelmingly donated to Hillary Clinton

Of the 430 people CPI identified as "journalists, reporters, news editors or television news anchors — as well as other donors known to be working in journalism," 96 percent gave money to Clinton, according to federal campaign finance filings. T

SUCH butthurt.

Yeah....asswipe.....there is the truth, and the fiction you live....journalists vote for democrats at over 90%.......so yeah, they are the press wing of the democrat party....dumbshit....

Of the 430 people CPI identified as "journalists, reporters, news editors or television news anchors — as well as other donors known to be working in journalism," 96 percent gave money to Clinton, according to federal campaign finance filings. T

I don't give a fuck who they VOTE for. That was never the question.

SUCH butthurt.

Of course you don't care. You like being lied to, you're a leftist.

You are so right....if he wanted to actually kill more people.....he fired over 1000 rounds from two different rifles into a tightly packed crowd of over 22,000 people......and murdered 58.....he would have just rented a truck.......

The guy in Nice, France, with a rental truck, murdered 86 people and injured 458, in 5 minutes......if their Home Depots are like ours...that truck cost him the equivalent of 19 dollars for the first hour of killing.....

On the evening of 14 July 2016, a 19 tonne cargo truck was deliberately driven into crowds of people celebrating Bastille Dayon the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, France, resulting in the deaths of 86 people[2] and the injury of 458 others.[4]

You continue to pretend to not get it.

Mass shooting is not, for the mass shooter, about "killing". It's about sensory input. It's about the remote-control visual carnage you can only get from a gun, perched where you can't be reached until they bust the door down. It's all about the flash and the blood and the gore and the helpless victims running for their lives with no idea where the next bullet is coming from. It's entirely about POWER. Why the fuck do you think mass shooters are always male?

Dumbass.

SUCH butthurt.

Of course you don't care. You like being lied to, you're a leftist.

Hey, I didn't ask the OP to lie about his own point.

But I do expect it from the dishonest.

SUCH butthurt.

Yes.....showing that 96% of the media votes for democrats and you still sit there and deny they are democrats...you really are a dumb shit.

You continue to pretend to not get it.

Mass shooting is not, for the mass shooter, about "killing". It's about sensory input. It's about the remote-control visual carnage you can only get from a gun, perched where you can't be reached until they bust the door down. It's all about the flash and the blood and the gore and the helpless victims running for their lives with no idea where the next bullet is coming from. It's entirely about POWER. Why the fuck do you think mass shooters are always male?

Dumbass.

Asshole....most violence is committed by males....dumb ass, not just mass shootings.....asswipe....and mass shooters are not always male, one of the first was Laurie Dan

Laurie Dann - Wikipedia

Laurie Dann (née Wasserman; October 18, 1957 – May 20, 1988) was an American murderer who shot and killed one boy and wounded two girls and three boys in a Winnetka, Illinois elementary school. She then took a family hostage and shot another man before killing herself.

Oh....and the muslim who helped her muslim terrorist husband....

2015 San Bernardino attack - Wikipedia

On December 2, 2015, 14 people were killed and 22 others were seriously injured in a terrorist attack consisting of a mass shootingand an attempted bombing at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California. The perpetrators, Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, a married couple living in the city of Redlands, targeted a San Bernardino County Department of Public Health training event and Christmas party of about 80 employees in a rented banquet room. Farook was a U.S.-born citizen of Pakistani descent, who worked as a health department employee.

Or hey....how about the first female shooter...

A Brief History of Female Rampage Killers

Brenda "I Don't Like Mondays" Spencer isn't just a mass killer; she was the first of the American school shooters. Shooting up a school is a stunt that, like going over Niagara Falls in a barrel, people tend to forget got its start with a woman, or, more accurately, a 16 year-old girl. Her crime, the Cleveland Elementary School shooting, happened on January 29, 1979, in San Diego. She killed the principal and a custodian with a .22 rifle and wounded eight children. Fortunately, no children died.

-------

Jennifer San Marco: By 2006, "going postal" had been a phrase for 13 years. Postal was a successful video game franchise, and Uwe Boll's ill-fated movie adaptation was in production. With no apparent concern about being a cliché, on January 30 of that year, Jennifer San Marco forced her way into the postal processing plant where she formerly worked and killed seven people, and then herself, with a 9mm pistol.

Dumb ass.....

Last edited:
UK?

Doesn't matter.....we have guns, we will have accidents.....Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminals, the British violent crime rate is going up.....

There it is again.

1,500,000 times per year. That's over 4000 times per day.

What kind of retard would believe that lie?

Experts attribute the decline to a mix of gun safety education programs, state laws regulating gun storage in homes and a drop in the number of households that have guns. While the improvement occurred in every state, those with the most guns and the fewest laws continue to have the most accidental shooting deaths.

That says it all....
Again that's about as useful as the stat that says you're more likely to drown in you have a swimming pool.

UK?

There it is again.

1,500,000 times per year. That's over 4000 times per day.

What kind of retard would believe that lie?

Apparently, bill clinton and barak obama...who tried as hard as they could to disprove the idea that Americans use guns to stop violent criminals on average 1,500,000 times a year.......they did their best...and found out it was true....their Department of Justice, their Centers for Disease Control....and those are only two of the studies.......

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

The LA Times is not liberal media. No surprise that they`re full of shit.
Surge in gun sales after Sandy Hook led to spike in accidental gun deaths, study says
Correlation not causation

If those economists who never actually studied any gun ownership issues before could have shown that those 60 accidental deaths actually occurred in households that bought a gun after the Sandy Hook shooting then they might have something but they didn't do that did they?

You know...the actual numbers from the CDC don't even match what that study says........the actual bodies on the ground from the CDC show they are wrong....

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Accidental gun deaths over time....

Then by year accidental gun deaths going down according to CDC final statistics table 10 from 2010-2013...

Notice 2012 to 2013?

Amazing how these other countries keep their firearm homicide rate down with far fewer firearms in their populations. Bit of a mystery, really. Seems to run counter to the arguments advanced in this thread for increased firearm distribution. Can't understand it.

Untitled.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14

Amazing how these other countries keep their firearm homicide rate down with far fewer firearms in their populations. Bit of a mystery, really. Seems to run counter to the arguments advanced in this thread for increased firearm distribution. Can't understand it.

View attachment 169537

All those other countries have always had lower murder rates as far back as I have been able to look and in fact the murder rates of all those countries did not decrease after they passed all their strict gun laws

It is simplistic to the point of mental retardation to think that the single variable that defines murder rates in different countries is guns.

View attachment 169537

Yep. Although really not a mystery at all. Most countries simply don't have the gun fetish we do, particularly the level of obsession exhibited by the OP of this thread. Exactly why we (i.e. they) worship at the feet of Death and Destruction is a whole 'nother question but the fact that they do is the basis of it.

SUCH butthurt.

Yes.....showing that 96% of the media votes for democrats and you still sit there and deny they are democrats...you really are a dumb shit.

Once AGAIN for the dullwitted --- who they VOTE for --- or who anybody votes for unless you're examining vot4er demographics --- is IRRELEVANT here. Just as "who plumbers vote for" is IRRELEVANT to how your water works and "who taxi drivers vote for" is IRRELEVANT to how quickly you reach your destination. Etc etc etc.

Dumbass.

Half the population doensn't vote at all, DUMBASS. And of those that do, most are neither "Democrats" nor "Republicans" DUMBASS.

View attachment 169537

No.....what you guys always fail to understand is that criminals drive the murder rate....you have European countries with low gun murder rates, not because of their gun control...since their criminals get guns easily....but because their criminals don't use murder as part of their jobs.

We have states with guns in every home...and low gun crime rates....we have states with extreme gun control....an d murder rates through the roof.

Baltimore has stricter gun control laws than even New York City.....and has more gun murder than New York City....same area of the country....same access to out of state guns.....much smaller population than New York....

Murder rate 2017
Baltimore......343
Population of cities 2016:

N.Y................8.5 million

Baltimore......620,961

Murder rate 2016:

N.Y................335

Baltimore......318

Then you have Britain...they banned and confiscated guns, prominsing their people that by giving up their guns, their gun crime rate would go down, their gun murder rate would go down, and their violent crime rate would go down...

Gun crime in Britain....has gone up.

Gun murder...went up, then returned to the exact same level as before banning and confiscating guns.

Violent crime...going through the roof, London is now more violent than New York City....

Nothing you post is even remotely accurate or true...

Forum List

Back