Defining treason

To HUGGY: You are justifying the deaths of over 80 people because ATF could not serve a warrant on one man. Keep that in mind the next time a cop kills someone in self-defense or by accident.

I am not "justifying" anything. I wasn't there. I don't really like police abuse in any form. They are there to "serve and protect". If the four ATF agents hadn't been killed it could have been a wait it out stand off.

To HUGGY: There was no way in hell Clinton was going to let that siege continue.

And there are serious doubts about who actually killed those ATF agents. Some say they were killed by friendly fire. The stuff at this link is a bit too religious for my tastes, but the author does make some interesting points.

To HUGGY: You are justifying the deaths of over 80 people because ATF could not serve a warrant on one man. Keep that in mind the next time a cop kills someone in self-defense or by accident.

I am not "justifying" anything. I wasn't there. I don't really like police abuse in any form. They are there to "serve and protect". If the four ATF agents hadn't been killed it could have been a wait it out stand off.

To HUGGY: There was no way in hell Clinton was going to let that siege continue.

And there are serious doubts about who actually killed those ATF agents. Some say they were killed by friendly fire. The stuff at this link is a bit too religious for my tastes, but the author does make some interesting points.

I do not know what was in Clinton's mind. I dislike/hate Clinton for a lot of reasons.. GAT, NAFTA, WTO, the consolidation of media, ...and many more reasons. WACO isn't one of them.

I disslike religious freaks and chimos even more than I disslike Clinton. That said...

"some say", anonymous "serious doubts" mean less than nothing to me. The official report does not equivicate on who killed the ATF agents.

Last edited:
It all boils down to the media. LBJ bugged Barry Goldwater's plane and dirty political tricks were commonplace. LBJ could have sluffed off a minor inconvenience like Watergate in a heartbeat but a republican was in the white house after LBJ tearfully quit the VietNam war on TV and the Washington Post had an agenda. Who would have trusted editorials disguised as news from a reporter who was raised by card carrying communists and was most likely infused with an abiding hatred for a president who once was a federal prosecutor and went after communists? Who in the world today would tolerate "information" from an undisclosed source in the white house without trying to verify the information? The fix was in and the media destroyed Nixon. Bill Clinton was accused of sex crimes and the media circled the wagons. The criminally inept A.G. in charge of the Waco debacle "took responsibility" for the insanity that led to 80 dead men women and children incinerated or poisoned by gas and a couple of days later Clinton emerged from under his desk with Monica and also "took responsibility". The first attack on the WTC happened under Clinton's watch and the media circled the wagons. Clinton sold ICBM technology to China in violation of about a dozen regulations which made it treason and the media circled the wagons. Clinton bombed a relatively innocent European country into the stoneage in a classic "wag the dog" scenario while his grossly inept A.G. issued an order to the FBI and the CIA not to share information or face criminal charges while the 9-11 terrorists were attending flight school. The media circled the wagons. The most notorious corporate criminal in history at that time, Marc Rich, was pardoned by Clinton while he was on the FBI's top ten wanted list and Rich's wife donated a cool million to Clinton's library and the media...you get the picture.

Last edited:
NAFTA was actually Bush I's baby.

"The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) is signed into law by President Bill Clinton. Clinton said he hoped the agreement would encourage other nations to work toward a broader world-trade pact."

NAFTA signed into law — History.com This Day in History — 12/8/1993

Yes Clowntoon did the final signing but Bush I signed onto and negotiated the deal.
For clinton to not finalize it would have shown bad faith on the part of the US govt in treaties and such.

Ross was right though. I voted for Ross.

The first shots in Waco were at agents trying to break in through windows of the complex. No warrents was issued yet and they did not identify themselves as law enforcement officers. They were shot just outside the windows that they were trying to sneak into. Unlawful entry is by todays standards a shooting offense - trespass, and breaking and entering are acts that allow the homeowner to use deadly force to protect himself and those others in the house. Its called self defense.

The government used tank mounted flame throwers to burn the place to the ground. I watched it and was horrified. It looked like a scene from Communist China - not the USofA.

HUGGY;6273667

I do not know what was in Clinton's mind.

To HUGGY: No one does. In politics the public can only interpret a politician’s motives after the fact. That’s why plausible deniability is a primary requisite in everything politicians think about doing.

HUGGY;6273667

The official report does not equivicate on who killed the ATF agents.

To HUGGY: And you believe it! Official government reports run from the sublime to the absurd; sometimes both in one report. Basically, government reports are a smorgasbord of political goodies —— swallow the ones that look good, and pass on the rest.

I do not believe a word the government says about the Branch Davidian Massacre —— the liars in the Clinton Administration least of all. I happen to believe the Warren Report, while every Lefty in the world swears JFK’s assassination was a vast conspiracy.

It all boils down to the media. LBJ bugged Barry Goldwater's plane and dirty political tricks were commonplace. LBJ could have sluffed off a minor inconvenience like Watergate in a heartbeat but a republican was in the white house after LBJ tearfully quit the VietNam war on TV and the Washington Post had an agenda. Who would have trusted editorials disguised as news from a reporter who was raised by card carrying communists and was most likely infused with an abiding hatred for a president who once was a federal prosecutor and went after communists? Who in the world today would tolerate "information" from an undisclosed source in the white house without trying to verify the information? The fix was in and the media destroyed Nixon.

To whitehall: Exactly so. Happily, Bob Woodward and Ben Bradlee recently came in for a taste of what they dished out all of those years ago:

Last edited:
Tim McVeigh is all yours guys.

When you lose this election one of your nutters will hurt others or at least try to.

I hope we catch them before they hurt people like McVeigh did and I wish we would let them speak their minds to the American people.

Once that happened the current republican party we have would die the death it needs to die.

Then maybe the republican party could once again become an honorable party.

McVeigh grew up as a child in the home of a Democrat union member. He was thought those things.

NAFTA was actually Bush I's baby.
Matters not, all that matters is who signed it and enacted it... Clinton would do anything, and that was proven by his wanting to be so popular at the time, and now we are all paying dearly for it.

The constitution and the courts have already defined treaon. To impeach a president, however, the House does not need treason as a charge. To impeach, the House only needs to create a charge, and the charge can be almost anything, perhaps contempt for Congress, and then a vote of impeachment.

Congress will never impeach a Democrat traitor. They were ready to impeach Richard Nixon for getting caught engaging in dirty tricks, but no Congress will ever impeach a president for treason —— never —— not in a million years.

Nixon’s Articles of Impeachment were predicated on actual evidence of criminal activity on the part of the president, not merely ‘dirty tricks’:

Richard M. Nixon, using the powers of his high office, engaged personally and through his close subordinates and agents, in a course of conduct or plan designed to delay, impede, and obstruct the investigation of such illegal entry; to cover up, conceal and protect those responsible; and to conceal the existence and scope of other unlawful covert activities.

The means used to implement this course of conduct or plan included one or more of the following:

Making false or misleading statements to lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States;

Withholding relevant and material evidence or information from lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States;

Approving, condoning, acquiescing in, and counselling witnesses with respect to the giving of false or misleading statements to lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States and false or misleading testimony in duly instituted judicial and congressional proceedings;

He has, acting personally and through his subordinates and agents, endeavoured to obtain from the Internal Revenue Service, in violation of the constitutional rights of citizens, confidential information contained in income tax returns for purposed not authorized by law, and to cause, in violation of the constitutional rights of citizens, income tax audits or other income tax investigations to be intitiated or conducted in a discriminatory manner.

He misued the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Secret Service, and other executive personnel, in violation or disregard of the constitutional rights of citizens, by directing or authorizing such agencies or personnel to conduct or continue electronic surveillance or other investigations for purposes unrelated to national security, the enforcement of laws, or any other lawful function of his office; he did direct, authorize, or permit the use of information obtained thereby for purposes unrelated to national security, the enforcement of laws, or any other lawful function of his office; and he did direct the concealment of certain records made by the Federal Bureau of Investigation of electronic surveillance.

He has, acting personally and through his subordinates and agents, in violation or disregard of the constitutional rights of citizens, authorized and permitted to be maintained a secret investigative unit within the office of the President, financed in part with money derived from campaign contributions, which unlawfully utilized the resources of the Central Intelligence Agency, engaged in covert and unlawful activities, and attempted to prejudice the constitutional right of an accused to a fair trial.

Nixon Articles of Impeachment

Nixon obstructed justice, made false statements, and violated the Constitutional rights of American citizens – the evidence was so overwhelming that Nixon resigned in disgrace, rather than having the courage to stand trial in the Senate.

Tancredo is a bitter partisan hack, just like the OP; desperate and angry that a democratic president is about to be re-elected.

Back then these illegal activities were more likely to be seriously questioned and brought to light by real journalists and demanded more accountability, as opposed to the fear that is in place in today's America. I wonder what would have happened if 9-11 happened during the Nixon administration. Then again the JFK murder had the "magic bullet" cover up, so who knows....

2 Democratic Presidents have been in impeached in the United States..no Republicans have.

The constitution is pretty explicit about Treason.

And this man committed it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R67CH-qhXJs]President Ronald Reagan - Address on Iran-Contra - YouTube[/ame]

If you want to go past the bullshit, at 2:52 he admits to treason.

What has been found out so far about Benghazi is bringing obama perilously close to a charge of treason. That's so far. As more is uncovered, being in office won't help him and being out of office won't stop the investigations either.

The constitution and the courts have already defined treaon. To impeach a president, however, the House does not need treason as a charge. To impeach, the House only needs to create a charge, and the charge can be almost anything, perhaps contempt for Congress, and then a vote of impeachment.

In order for the House to form a committee to draft articles of impeachment, there must be objective, documented evidence of wrongdoing on the part of the CE, not subjective partisan contrivances and lies, as is currently the case.

In order for the House to form a committee to draft articles of impeachment, there must be objective, documented evidence of wrongdoing on the part of the CE, not subjective partisan contrivances and lies, as is currently the case.

That may be what people would like to believe but impeachment is a political process not a judicial one. As President Ford said, impeachment is what the Congress say it is. The rules on impeachment are made by each legislative branch the House on impeachment, the Senate on the trial. The rules can be changed by either.

2 Democratic Presidents have been in impeached in the United States..no Republicans have.

The constitution is pretty explicit about Treason.

And this man committed it.

President Ronald Reagan - Address on Iran-Contra - YouTube

If you want to go past the bullshit, at 2:52 he admits to treason.

To Sallow: Give it up. This is the Ronald Reagan Americans knew:

Aside from putting the fear of God in terrorists, RR fought communism in our hemisphere and around the world. He was instrumental in winning the Cold War and Americans know it while Democrats hate him for it. Paul Kengor has a great piece on Benghazi and RR:

Question: How is Benghazi different from Watergate and Iran-Contra? The obvious answer: the media. Liberal journalists turned Watergate and Iran-Contra into gigantic national scandals by their consistent, relentless pursuit of both stories; to the contrary, they are consistently, relentlessly ignoring Benghazi.

XXXXX

. . . if you want to understand Watergate, you need to understand the hatred of Nixon by the liberal media.

The media's feelings about Ronald Reagan were not quite the same, but nasty nonetheless. Liberal journalists demonized Reagan, calling him everything from an idiot to a nuclear warmonger. They caricatured Reagan as a dawdling old fool who wanted to blow up the world and who disliked the homeless, the poor, minorities, and on and on. They blamed Ragan for everything from greed to AIDS. And they searched diligently for a Watergate-like scandal to run Reagan out of the White House, as they had Nixon.

The operative words are "searched diligently." CBS, NBC, ABC, the New York Times, the Washington Post, NPR, and the usual suspects looked everywhere for something -- gee, anything -- to hurt Reagan. Being political partisans first and journalists second, they dug furiously for their Watergate. And they thought they had it in Iran-Contra.

XXXXX

Wherever the president and his men went, they were tailed and peppered by aggressive reporters who ensured a constant stream of questions about Iran-Contra. It was unceasing -- the complete opposite of what we're seeing now with Obama and crew over Benghazi.

XXXXX

The way the Reagan team reacted to initial reports on Iran-Contra is precisely the opposite of how the Obama team has responded. But even more telling are the opposite media reactions. For Iran-Contra, the media refused to be satisfied with the initial response of Meese and Reagan. Liberal reporters went absolutely bonkers, all hands on deck, a full-court press to find incriminating information. Today, under Obama, it's the exact opposite.

XXXXX

For liberals in the media, however, corpses in Libya get in the way of their primary duty: getting Barack Obama reelected.

Media Bias 101: Benghazi vs. Watergate and Iran-Contra
By Paul Kengor on 11.2.12 @ 6:09AM

The American Spectator : Media Bias 101: Benghazi vs. Watergate and Iran-Contra

The House has a Republican majority and could vote to impeach Obama as soon as they drew up some charges of high crimes.

or misdemeanors, don't forget those.

Regent, as impeachment is a political process and NOT a judicial one, no CRIME, be it high crime or misdemeanor, IS actually necessary for the House to impeach.

The HoR can impeach for whatever reason it chooses.

Now obviously we'd all like it if the House only impeached for serious crimes, but the constitution doesn't say that, does it?

Misdemanors can decribe pretty much anything the HoR wants it to mean.

Forum List

Back