The Right's answer to most problems has to do with either more guns, or just flat out killing people. I am sure that it is not the NRA's fault that land mines aren't for sale. Anyway, capital punishment, which is illegal in almost all industrialized 1st world nations, is always a winner with the Right. It puts us on an even keel with N. Korea, Cuba, China, most Muslim countries, etc.

We have had an epidemic of opiate addiction for decades longer than most of you. Most of the dealers are dealing in order to feed their own habits. And because they're too friggin high to hold a job doing anything else.
Addicts feeding their habit shouldn't be put to death, I don't think.
“Dealers” Deal, OL, regardless of feeding their own habit. They are responsible for many deaths, including the deaths of children.

The only reason Trump is floating this idea is because of all the press that the Philippine president got from it.

He thinks it makes him sound "strong".

The Right's answer to most problems has to do with either more guns, or just flat out killing people. I am sure that it is not the NRA's fault that land mines aren't for sale. Anyway, capital punishment, which is illegal in almost all industrialized 1st world nations, is always a winner with the Right. It puts us on an even keel with N. Korea, Cuba, China, most Muslim countries, etc.
As long as you condone murdering babies in the womb you have no moral ground.

We have a justice system that at times, is more concerned with the rights of the criminal than protecting the victim and future victims.
SOmething must change, death penalty? I don't know if that is the answer, probably not. But it is something.

They're drug dealers. If our drug-loving prosecutors were willing to pin them on even a few of the aggravated murders that they have committed, there would be no problem imposing the death penalty, even under current law. It almost makes my head spin. I don't know exactly what went wrong, but I do know something went really, really wrong.
Runaway Runts Who Never Grew Up

Treating druggie self-indulgent trash as "victims" is what went wrong. Poison the drug supply and eradicate that human virus.

Of course the "experts" oppose the death penalty for drug dealers, but what else can you do? When you put them in prison, they just continue dealing drugs in prison. It doesn't even slow them down. They use their prison cell as a "safe house" from which they issue orders to couriers, taking orders and dealing drugs both inside and outside the prison.

The prison guards themselves are subjected to the "silver and lead" system: silver (money) if they cooperate, and lead (bullet) if they don't. So they take the money and shut up, because otherwise they will be murdered.

Meanwhile the medical establishment "experts" have got a pretty good gig going dealing pharmaceutical prescription drugs themselves, and they don't want anyone to ruin it for them or expose their connections to the illegal street drug cartels either.

I was forced to walk off first base of the war on drugs at the top of the first inning: "chronic paranoid schizophrenia" and "delusions of paranoia." I don't do the drugs they "prescribe" for those alleged conditions, either, but as a result, I'm permanently down on my luck and out of a job in America's drug-loving culture.

Looks like President Trump is taking more lessons from China ... They kill their drug dealers.
At one point I think they shot them in the back of the head and charged the family for the bullet.

But anyway ... Not too sure about it here.

For it to be Constitutional it would have to meet certain requirements.
The death penalty is only applicable towards crimes that result in murder ... Or espionage, treason and whatnot.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if they take the victim and do forensics on the drugs used.
If they can adequately link the dealer and the victim ... They may be able to make a Constitutional case.

If they just go to executing drug dealers because they are drug dealers ... I don't think that would be appropriate to what the Constitution requires.

Most of the dealers are dealing in order to feed their own habits.

Some of them. Others are stone cold sober and clean, and still dealing. None of them hesitate to murder rival dealers, cops, witnesses, and neighbors. None of them hesitate to spike others' food and drink with drugs and alcohol, even on public highways. All of them are murderers many times over.

Legalize it all and see what happens.

Then people like you demand a right to drugs and have tax payers pay for it.

Of course the "experts" oppose the death penalty for drug dealers, but what else can you do? When you put them in prison, they just continue dealing drugs in prison. It doesn't even slow them down. They use their prison cell as a "safe house" from which they issue orders to couriers, taking orders and dealing drugs both inside and outside the prison.

The prison guards themselves are subjected to the "silver and lead" system: silver (money) if they cooperate, and lead (bullet) if they don't. So they take the money and shut up, because otherwise they will be murdered.

Meanwhile the medical establishment "experts" have got a pretty good gig going dealing pharmaceutical prescription drugs themselves, and they don't want anyone to ruin it for them or expose their connections to the illegal street drug cartels either.

I was forced to walk off first base of the war on drugs at the top of the first inning: "chronic paranoid schizophrenia" and "delusions of paranoia." I don't do the drugs they "prescribe" for those alleged conditions, either, but as a result, I'm permanently down on my luck and out of a job in America's drug-loving culture.

Looks like President Trump is taking more lessons from China ... They kill their drug dealers.
At one point I think they shot them in the back of the head and charged the family for the bullet.

But anyway ... Not too sure about it here.

For it to be Constitutional it would have to meet certain requirements.
The death penalty is only applicable towards crimes that result in murder ... Or espionage, treason and whatnot.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if they take the victim and do forensics on the drugs used.
If they can adequately link the dealer and the victim ... They may be able to make a Constitutional case.

If they just go to executing drug dealers because they are drug dealers ... I don't think that would be appropriate to what the Constitution requires.

200 people die from drugs a day and you can't link them to murder?

Do tell.

We have had an epidemic of opiate addiction for decades longer than most of you. Most of the dealers are dealing in order to feed their own habits. And because they're too friggin high to hold a job doing anything else.

200 people are dying a day. What should be done?

In places like Singapore the drug rate plummets ever year, but the US does not have the stomach to implement similar policies that have been shown to work.

200 people die from drugs a day and you can't link them to murder?

Do tell.

I suggested that to apply the Constitutional requirement for the death penalty ...
You would have to link the victim to the specific dealer.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell the gun grabbers.
If you want the Constitution to allow something it doesn't state ... You are going to have to change it.

I wouldn’t have a problem with the death penalty being on the table for people pushing opioids. That might be because I’ve seen what it does to the families.

We have a thing called the 8th Amendment. The punishment must be equal to the crime. If it can be proven that a drug dealer misrepresented what they were selling, like lacing meth or another drug with fentanyl, and it kills someone, then they should be up for the death penalty. The problem is, once a law like this is on the books, it gets exploited, and you have people trying to put a 15 year old kid slinging weed on a street corner to death. Another issue would be something like what happened in the war on drugs, when a crack dealer would get a punishment 100 times worse than someone who gets caught selling cocaine. They use the law to target a particular group of people like Blacks, while letting rich, white Wall Street men who are buying and selling coke get off with community service and a fine.

We have a justice system that at times, is more concerned with the rights of the criminal than protecting the victim and future victims.
SOmething must change, death penalty? I don't know if that is the answer, probably not. But it is something.

Why are conservative cannards so lame?

rusty limpthought should be the first

We have a thing called the 8th Amendment. The punishment must be equal to the crime. If it can be proven that a drug dealer misrepresented what they were selling, like lacing meth or another drug with fentanyl, and it kills someone, then they should be up for the death penalty. The problem is, once a law like this is on the books, it gets exploited, and you have people trying to put a 15 year old kid slinging weed on a street corner to death. Another issue would be something like what happened in the war on drugs, when a crack dealer would get a punishment 100 times worse than someone who gets caught selling cocaine. They use the law to target a particular group of people like Blacks, while letting rich, white Wall Street men who are buying and selling coke get off with community service and a fine.

The Supreme Court has also already rules against mandatory death penalties in ...

Woodson v. North Carolina, 428 U.S. 280 (1976)
Furman v. Georgia, 408 U.S. 238 (1972)

Jackson v. Georgia and Branch v. Texas ... Were consolidated with the Furman case

Their decisions where based on the idea it didn't leave the judges the ability to make independent rulings in capital cases where prudence is most required.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back