Execution of Creech failed after medical team encounters “vein access issues”

Only because of the other people in there. We should probably work on that, too.

The bible thought you should investigate murder by sacrificing a cow and saying, "not our fault."

So leaving that aside, most accusations aren't false in so much as they are MISTAKES.

For instance, the execution of Cameron Todd Willingham. He was accused of burning his house down and killing his three daughters. In reality, the science that found "Arson" was severely flawed. Witnesses make mistakes. Police are sure about a suspect and don't investigate other leads.
As I said, the police and prosecutors need to be held accountable. Judges too, as they often are too lenient in sentencing. Actually, the criminal justice system needs an overhaul.

As I said, the police and prosecutors need to be held accountable. Judges too, as they often are too lenient in sentencing. Actually, the criminal justice system needs an overhaul.

We lock up more people than any country on Earth.

Punishing them harder isn't a strategy. We need to address the underlying causes of crime, which are poverty, racism, addiction, mental illness, and gun proliferation.

And spending millions of dollars to execute elderly criminals for crimes they committed decades ago is just silly.

We need to lock up even more.
Punishing them harder isn't a strategy. We need to address the underlying causes of crime, which are poverty, racism, addiction, mental illness, and gun proliferation.
We need to keep them in prison, or in secured treatment, longer, with better care and treatment.
And spending millions of dollars to execute elderly criminals for crimes they committed decades ago is just silly.
That's why we need to expedite the death penalty.

Punishing them harder isn't a strategy.

Not locking them up is a worse strategy.

Obviously. They should have been executed decades ago.

Better treatment, longer sentences. Many offenders "age out" of their criminal behaviors. Keep 'em in until they do. Career, or habitual, criminals are easily identified and should never get out prison. We also need better facilities for these 'lifers' as well. They should retain some dignity while still being imprisoned.

We need to lock up even more.

We need to keep them in prison, or in secured treatment, longer, with better care and treatment.

That's why we need to expedite the death penalty.
Obviously, you aren't someone who can address these issues rationally, so I won't bother.

Enjoy your revenge fantasies, I guess.

Not locking them up is a worse strategy.

Actually, most advanced countries don't lock up millions of people. The other G-7 countries have less than 100K people in prison, the truly dangerous ones.

80% of the people we lock up are for non-violent offenses.

Obviously, you aren't someone who can address these issues rationally, so I won't bother.

Enjoy your revenge fantasies, I guess.

Actually, most advanced countries don't lock up millions of people. The other G-7 countries have less than 100K people in prison, the truly dangerous ones.

80% of the people we lock up are for non-violent offenses.

Actually, most advanced countries don't lock up millions of people.

They have fewer criminals.

Actually, most advanced countries don't lock up millions of people.

They have fewer criminals.

There is no reason to put someone behind bars on the taxpayer dime for something like embezzlement.

Home confinement. Family has to feed them. Family has to pay their housing.

Even allow them to work some kind of job to pay back what they embezzled.

Forum List

Back