Death Penalty

I completely disagree....first nothing will bring back the victums, so that arguement is a red herring.
It does save resources and it is a deterrant...
Bullshit!!!!!!!

"A recent survey of the most leading criminologists in the country from found that the overwhelming majority did not believe that the death penalty is a proven deterrent to homicide. Eighty-eight percent of the country’s top criminologists do not believe the death penalty acts as a deterrent to homicide, according to a new study published in the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology and authored by Professor Michael Radelet, Chair of the Department of Sociology at the University of Colorado-Boulder, and Traci Lacock, also at Boulder.

Similarly, 87% of the expert criminologists believe that abolition of the death penalty would not have any significant effect on murder rates. In addition, 75% of the respondents agree that “debates about the death penalty distract Congress and state legislatures from focusing on real solutions to crime problems.”

The survey relied on questionnaires completed by the most pre-eminent criminologists in the country, including Fellows in the American Society of Criminology; winners of the American Society of Criminology’s prestigious Southerland Award; and recent presidents of the American Society of Criminology. Respondents were not asked for their personal opinion about the death penalty, but instead to answer on the basis of their understandings of the empirical research."

Youre right, that's why all the criminals choose the death penalty over jail and waive their appeals to have the death penaly executed....OH WAIT THEY DONT, WHY????? Because they dont want to DIE!!!!!!!

Are there any adults (at home, there) who could fill-in, for you, regarding the subject-at-hand....you know....someone who's (actually) gotten "pubed"???

:eusa_eh:

Bullshit!!!!!!!

Youre right, that's why all the criminals choose the death penalty over jail and waive their appeals to have the death penaly executed....OH WAIT THEY DONT, WHY????? Because they dont want to DIE!!!!!!!

Are there any adults (at home, there) who could fill-in, for you, regarding the subject-at-hand....you know....someone who's (actually) gotten "pubed"???

It's cool, just keep defending criminals.... again no outrage towards the shooter from you...I find that so unsuprising

Sane ,insane it doesn't matter. If they commit murder they give up their right to live. Execute everyone that commits murder. No second chances.

Another study with consensus, do liberals ever look at logic and real world. Why do states with the harshest punishments ahve the lowest crime rates?

handjob.gif

That's bullshit, too, Skippy.

murderratesdpvsnodp.jpg

Have you made it outta Elementary School, yet??

Well i'm glad you support criminals, is it because they ride you like a bike?

No.​

Unlike you....I'm better-educated on the subject, Goober.​

slap_3f.gif

yep you sure are....wow let me see, all this guy needs is a hug and he'll be a perfect citizen.....I get it.
No....you don't "get it".

You sound much-too-immature to discuss the subject.

Maybe there's a teen-chat site, somewhere, for you....where you can "chase" some older-women....you know....Jr. High girls!!

:rolleyes:

Another study with consensus, do liberals ever look at logic and real world. Why do states with the harshest punishments ahve the lowest crime rates?

handjob.gif

That's bullshit, too, Skippy.​

murderratesdpvsnodp.jpg

Have you made it outta Elementary School, yet??​

Your right Tennesse has the death penalty and does have

List of people executed in Tennessee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WOW a whole 6 people killed...that's a weekend in Memphis, but hey dont worry about those families in Memphis who lose people with senseless violence, they just need a hug

Sane ,insane it doesn't matter. If they commit murder they give up their right to live. Execute everyone that commits murder. No second chances.

BADA BING!!!!!!!!!!!
it's called JUSTICE, liberals look into it.

Judge sends man to prison for molesting girl

As Itzen spoke, Benbo hung his head. He didn't speak during the proceeding, but his attorney, public defender Traci Lacock, told the judge her client had significant health problems and almost nocriminal history.

you use her as credibility, wow she thinks he should molest kids because he has mental issues and health problems and ALMOST no criminal history.....yeah she's a winner

You "got-off" on that story, did you??

303.gif

Judge sends man to prison for molesting girl

As Itzen spoke, Benbo hung his head. He didn't speak during the proceeding, but his attorney, public defender Traci Lacock, told the judge her client had significant health problems and almost nocriminal history.

you use her as credibility, wow she thinks he should molest kids because he has mental issues and health problems and ALMOST no criminal history.....yeah she's a winner

You "got-off" on that story, did you??​

303.gif

Nope, are you the president of NAMBLA? I just like to show you, your sources arent objective, infact they defend pedophiles like you

Really the state doesnt kill, people like me a jury, do. Heck I'd pull the switch if they asked me.

Yeah.....that's what a lot o' John-Wayne-fan/assholes say......​

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM5HascXqLU"]MSNBC The Ed Show Rachel Maddow interview Allen Ault former Georgia Commisioner of Corrections - YouTube[/ame]
*​

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHyk9b--HQA"]Dr. Allen Ault on Death Penalty - YouTube[/ame]​

So he said his first 2 were in 17 years and they were different people at the end...well NO SHIT!!!!

The book is 2 inches thick...to kill a murder....what a crock. hang em, watch him squirm and then cheer the death.

Whew!!

Do you still torture small-animals ('cause it's sounding like you'd have quite the history of doing-so)?

You've got some serious-problems.​

I'm against the death penalty, it lets the scumbags off too easy. Let 'em sit in a cage for the rest of their lives.

And feed the Major pork chops...

The guys was how old? 24? Hell i don't want to help pay to keep him in prison the rest of his life! We have enough of them! If he's not completely crazy - he needs the death penalty!
I'm guessin'....the (only) taxes you pay are on make-up....and, whatever-else is hip for teenyboppers, presently?

:eusa_hand:

I'm against the death penalty, it lets the scumbags off too easy. Let 'em sit in a cage for the rest of their lives.

And feed the Major pork chops...

The guys was how old? 24? Hell i don't want to help pay to keep him in prison the rest of his life! We have enough of them! If he's not completely crazy - he needs the death penalty!
I'm guessin'....the (only) taxes you pay are on make-up....and, whatever-else is hip for teenyboppers, presently?​

:eusa_hand:

Are you high or do your posts really sound good to you? WTF are you talking about. He buys makeup, look not everyone is gay like you. Second you're a liberal which means you either are on government assistance or you use every loophole that you bitch about.

The problem is as constructed it's not a detterant. Lets look at the issue.
First not all states have it
Second you dont always get it for first degree murder, in fact I'd say it's not that often percentagewise
Third you have appeals that take forever that the case is ancient history and most of the people involved or family members are old or dead by the time they get justice

That's crap, you make public hangings, and give them a year to show something serious (not bullshit technicallities) is wrong, or else bye bye. People dont like to die, probably the strongest will we have is to survive, so I really find it hard to believe that the death penalty doesnt work, IF people fear it.
It's kinda like crying wolf, after a while you dont believe them or take it seriously, criminals dont take the death penalty seriously, because it takes sooo long to kill someone.... Ted Bundy was around 15 years and I cheered when I heard he was dead, and it should have been much much sooner.

Its very hard to argue against that because there aren't many examples of it. While no doubt that people want to live, most people have morals that stop them. Also spending the rest of your life in jail is a pretty big deterrant. I think most people that commit murder are either enraged beyond belief, think they are going to get away with it, or don't really care.

Here is the reverse correlation I was talking about.
For 2010, the average Murder Rate of Death Penalty States was 4.6, while the average Murder Rate of States without the Death Penalty was 2.9

For 2009, the average Murder Rate of Death Penalty States was 4.9, while the average Murder Rate of States without the Death Penalty was 2.8

For 2008, the average Murder Rate of Death Penalty States was 5.2, while the average Murder Rate of States without the Death Penalty was 3.3

Murder Rates Nationally and By State | Death Penalty Information Center

The state with what I believe is the fastest way to the death penalty, Texas, in the last three years was 5.0, 5.4, 5.6. Each year ranking as one of the highest murder rates in the entire country. In fact, only one state that doesn't have a death penalty did worse then Texas (Michigan).

The problem with the figures is why was Michigan higher? I'm gonna say that states with black folks probably tend to have higher murder rates.....

Gee.....a Goober-observation.

Surprising.

handjob.gif

Its very hard to argue against that because there aren't many examples of it. While no doubt that people want to live, most people have morals that stop them. Also spending the rest of your life in jail is a pretty big deterrant. I think most people that commit murder are either enraged beyond belief, think they are going to get away with it, or don't really care.

Here is the reverse correlation I was talking about.
For 2010, the average Murder Rate of Death Penalty States was 4.6, while the average Murder Rate of States without the Death Penalty was 2.9

For 2009, the average Murder Rate of Death Penalty States was 4.9, while the average Murder Rate of States without the Death Penalty was 2.8

For 2008, the average Murder Rate of Death Penalty States was 5.2, while the average Murder Rate of States without the Death Penalty was 3.3

Murder Rates Nationally and By State | Death Penalty Information Center

The state with what I believe is the fastest way to the death penalty, Texas, in the last three years was 5.0, 5.4, 5.6. Each year ranking as one of the highest murder rates in the entire country. In fact, only one state that doesn't have a death penalty did worse then Texas (Michigan).

The problem with the figures is why was Michigan higher? I'm gonna say that states with black folks probably tend to have higher murder rates.....

Gee.....a Goober-observation.​

Surprising.​

handjob.gif

yep I see you are so upset by what the guy did, man it's amazing how you love criminals. And yes black areas have more violent crime, wanna bet on it?

great...let's start with big oil, the health insurance industry, and weapons manufacturers....that ought to cover a huge number of mass murderer's.

see his ridiculous you talk? some guy gets into a bar fight, ends up knocking another guy into the corner of the bar and he dies....a man walks in on his wife cheating on him...kills them both in a fit of pain and rage....guy has one too many and drives drunk...gets into an ACCIDENT and kills someone.

there are plenty of other scenarios that one could think of....you're saying kill them all? Not saying they shouldn't be punished...but certainly not death. Even in this case...no one sane shoots up a movie theater....the dude was fucked up and the system failed him and the town of Aurora.

one area I have mixed emotions on are crimes of greed. Contract killers, people bumping off others for insurance money...etc. That's some cold blooded shit...premeditated, scheming and calculated.

I'm just saying I dont see how people dont want to kick this guy in the balls until he dies.

'Cause we not supposed to allow sick, sadistic-pricks (who would do that) to administer justice, in this Country.​

So you'd rather have a guy shoot 12 people, nice. Sorry man, but people like you must have never seen or been a victum of crime or really care about those that have. Sorry you say that is sick and sadistic, so what is what the guy did? I never see you mention the criminal and how bad he is.....interesting.

Run-along, Goober.....before you start hyperventilating.....

107.gif

great...let's start with big oil, the health insurance industry, and weapons manufacturers....that ought to cover a huge number of mass murderer's.

see his ridiculous you talk? some guy gets into a bar fight, ends up knocking another guy into the corner of the bar and he dies....a man walks in on his wife cheating on him...kills them both in a fit of pain and rage....guy has one too many and drives drunk...gets into an ACCIDENT and kills someone.

there are plenty of other scenarios that one could think of....you're saying kill them all? Not saying they shouldn't be punished...but certainly not death. Even in this case...no one sane shoots up a movie theater....the dude was fucked up and the system failed him and the town of Aurora.

one area I have mixed emotions on are crimes of greed. Contract killers, people bumping off others for insurance money...etc. That's some cold blooded shit...premeditated, scheming and calculated.

Steel the problem with your arguement is we're talking about FIRST DEGREE murder, the wife cheating and bar fights are usually not classified as such, those are usually second degree murder. we're talking about FIRST degree, you know the contract killers, bumping people off for any reason (premeditated), commiting murder during a crime like: rape/murder or robbery/murder, those are first degree and those people are useless. The coming home and your wife's cheating on you, well that shouldnt go unpunished, but I have alot more leniency for that than I do first degree.

'Cause we not supposed to allow sick, sadistic-pricks (who would do that) to administer justice, in this Country.​

So you'd rather have a guy shoot 12 people, nice. Sorry man, but people like you must have never seen or been a victum of crime or really care about those that have. Sorry you say that is sick and sadistic, so what is what the guy did? I never see you mention the criminal and how bad he is.....interesting.

Run-along, Goober.....before you start hyperventilating.....​

107.gif

Go defend some murders and use your pedophile defending lawyer as well. run along little doggie!

Forum List

Back