Death Penalty

For anyone that is against the death penalty, you don't value the victim's life.

If the state won't remove someone from the planet for shooting up a movie theater and trying to kill 100 people, then the state values the life of that criminal over the lives of his victims.

You can talk out your ass all day about the so-called innocent people killed by the death penalty but if only used in extreme cases that can be proven beyond a shadow of doubt, then there's no reason for the state to keep someone like this scumbag alive until he dies from another inmate or from his own body failing him decades from now.

If you're against the death penalty, then you are against the SEALS killing UBL, soldiers today killing the Taliban, the police killing some criminal tonight after taking hostages, etc.

No, in war you don't have a choice. In this case the State does have a choice.

I do think that if the State is going to impose capital punishment, we should take volunteers to do it instead of asking jailers,wardens, and other officials to do it. I never saw the need to make it dainty and clean. Have someone like you simply carry out the sentence since you seem to be such a proponent. Now I don't mean you personally, just someone who really wants to see what they think is just and right be carried out. There's no need to give last meals, clergy, invite witnesses, have a sterile setting blah blah blah...

Just a thought. But in war or when there is immediate danger there isn't a choice so you're analysis is ridiculous.

I think this case is a little different then the norm, because it seems to obvious that he did it. In cases like that, I don't really care.

BUT, you better be absolutely 100% positive that he was guilty. Far too many times have people been convincted of murder, only to later be found to be innocent. If someone is put to death, only to later be found that he was innocent, it would be horrible. In that case someone is guilty of murdering him. That someone would be the system that massively failed.

I think this case is a little different then the norm, because it seems to obvious that he did it. In cases like that, I don't really care.

BUT, you better be absolutely 100% positive that he was guilty. Far too many times have people been convincted of murder, only to later be found to be innocent. If someone is put to death, only to later be found that he was innocent, it would be horrible. In that case someone is guilty of murdering him. That someone would be the system that massively failed.

Well that's true to an extent, but with DNA now, it's really hard for me to buy the, they might be innocent....First because juries almost expect it to get a conviction and if you have it......buzz buzz

So are you against the Death Penalty for the piece of shit "Joker" in Colorado?

I'd like to get your explanation if so...

Yes. Strongly opposed. Why? Because it is stupid to kill someone in order to punish someone for killing. Its hypocritical. It also doesn't bring back the victims - they are still dead. They won't come back. It is pointless killing him because nothing changes.

Also consider his family. His parents who probably love him despite what he has done do not deserve to wait years for him to be put to death. Its cruel. His family has done nothing wrong, yet if Holmes is sentenced to death, you are punishing them simply for being his parents.

I recognize the authority of the state in our country to impose the death penalty, if the people authorize the state.

But I won't vote for it.

Last edited:
Uh, I think he's done enough harm to his own parents that will now have to hide for life because they are associated with him. Oh, but they will be even more sad if the Govt kills him....not.:eusa_whistle:

Bring back the dead? Uh, the point is the value their life by showing them that the person that killed them shouldn't be allowed to benefit from killing them by living another minute.

You are a simpleton, so if you're killed we'll just tell your killer that you aren't worth our time so they can walk.....sound good to you?

Yes. Strongly opposed. Why? Because it is stupid to kill someone in order to punish someone for killing. Its hypocritical. It also doesn't bring back the victims - they are still dead. They won't come back. It is pointless killing him because nothing changes.

Also consider his family. His parents who probably love him despite what he has done do not deserve to wait years for him to be put to death. Its cruel. His family has done nothing wrong, yet if Holmes is sentenced to death, you are punishing them simply for being his parents.

In war some soldiers never pull the trigger on purpose. In war you are probably killing someone more innocent than this scumbag, because the other person might be some non-volunteer thrown on the front line. Your little mind can't think this deep.

Pretty much you have to authorize the Govt to kill or not kill, period. The police need the authority to shoot you dead if needed, the death penalty needs to be there for special cases, the military needs to kill the enemy when needed, etc.

Oh, nice try with the force others to kill this scumbag. We don't force everyone into the military so the death penalty personnel shouldn't be random either....but I'm sure one could easily find a million Americans that would shoot, stab, etc this piece of crap and get paid by the state for it.

For anyone that is against the death penalty, you don't value the victim's life.

If the state won't remove someone from the planet for shooting up a movie theater and trying to kill 100 people, then the state values the life of that criminal over the lives of his victims.

You can talk out your ass all day about the so-called innocent people killed by the death penalty but if only used in extreme cases that can be proven beyond a shadow of doubt, then there's no reason for the state to keep someone like this scumbag alive until he dies from another inmate or from his own body failing him decades from now.

If you're against the death penalty, then you are against the SEALS killing UBL, soldiers today killing the Taliban, the police killing some criminal tonight after taking hostages, etc.

I do think that if the State is going to impose capital punishment, we should take volunteers to do it instead of asking jailers,wardens, and other officials to do it. I never saw the need to make it dainty and clean. Have someone like you simply carry out the sentence since you seem to be such a proponent. Now I don't mean you personally, just someone who really wants to see what they think is just and right be carried out. There's no need to give last meals, clergy, invite witnesses, have a sterile setting blah blah blah...

Just a thought. But in war or when there is immediate danger there isn't a choice so you're analysis is ridiculous.

Holmes likely will never even get a trial.

People who get the death penalty aren't punished for what they did. They have forfeited their right to live among others, including other prisoners.

Consider HIS family? Of course i feel bad for them....but how about considering all the families of the 12 people he murdered and all that are still critical??

He should get executed...from the story this was planned for quite a while. This wasn't something he just went crazy, grabbed a gun and went into the theater. and how his apartment was all rigged. This man should be put to death....we taxpayers shouldn't have to support him for the rest of his life either.

Consider HIS family? Of course i feel bad for them....but how about considering all the families of the 12 people he murdered and all that are still critical??

He should get executed...from the story this was planned for quite a while. This wasn't something he just went crazy, grabbed a gun and went into the theater. and how his apartment was all rigged. This man should be put to death....we taxpayers shouldn't have to support him for the rest of his life either.
Stand-down, Bubblehead.

This is a subject for Adults.....

106.gif

In war some soldiers never pull the trigger on purpose. In war you are probably killing someone more innocent than this scumbag, because the other person might be some non-volunteer thrown on the front line. Your little mind can't think this deep.

Pretty much you have to authorize the Govt to kill or not kill, period. The police need the authority to shoot you dead if needed, the death penalty needs to be there for special cases, the military needs to kill the enemy when needed, etc.

Oh, nice try with the force others to kill this scumbag. We don't force everyone into the military so the death penalty personnel shouldn't be random either....but I'm sure one could easily find a million Americans that would shoot, stab, etc this piece of crap and get paid by the state for it.

Its just as asinine as the first time you said it.

Stand-down, Bubblehead.

106.gif

No kidding...go back to the kiddie table, criminal lover!

Yes, I'm against the death penalty - in this and all cases. It doesn't solve the problem, it doesn't save resources, it doesn't deter future criminals, it doesn't bring back the victims and - most importantly - it grants the state an ultimate and final power I'd prefer they not have.

And while it doesn't seem to apply in this case, too often the state gets it wrong.

And yet not a single verifiable case of an innocent person being executed.

First since when did liberals care about being hypocrits? As soon as you guys give up all your money and ride bicycles around and eat tofu, then maybe you wont be hypocrits.

Second, the victums arent comming back if the guy goes to prison either, so that's a red herring and bullshit arguement.

Third Id much rather have closure for the victums family so they dont havfe to worry about him escaping, getting out of prison for some bullshit reason and so they dont have to relive the moment every year for a parole hearing (THAT is cruel and unusual punishment)

And yes stuff changes, first people see justice, not just the shooter, but people see a guy dead, no books, no coloring books, nothing, he's dead and it's over....what changes because he's in prison? he get more XBox?

Stand-down, Bubblehead.

106.gif

No kidding...go back to the kiddie table, criminal lover!

Please don't quote Shaman! I have him/her on ignore!! Lol! Only one of two that are there! :)

THE EXECUTION OF STANLEY TOOKIE WILLIAMS / Eyewitness: Prisoner did not die meekly, quietly - SFGate

when this happend....it WAS ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!

I love how liberals try and fake people and say he'll be in jail, then they stick up for these assholes...
Redemption: The Stan Tookie Williams Story (TV 2004) - IMDb

This is what SHOULD NEVER happen. When you kill people there is no such thing as redemption!!!!!!!

But again Liberals NEVER think of the victums after a few weeks, they only feel sorry for the fucktards that do this shit. How could anyone support Tookie?

Last edited:
The mind of a liberal feels bad for the criminal, not the victim.

Forum List

Back