DC's Minimum Wage Really Does Cost Jobs At Walmart

What the fuck you talking about? The stores they were going to open up was around 450 jobs. Where their is no FUCKING jobs.

The three stores that opened up in the D.C. area had like 5,000 applicants for only 300 jobs if memory serves me correctly.

In case you were unaware, Walmart instructs their low wage employees how to apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps.
No Walmart jobs = no extra Middle Class Tax Payer money going to support low wage Walmart employees.
Smaller stores with less leeching government power will fill the gap.

In case you are unaware no small business filled that gap in D.C. you idiot.

Than tough. I don't need a Walmart in my area teaching people how to suck up more of my tax money.

Yea we know that liberals are anti business and rather have them on food stamps voting for democrats.

Also it is a myth if you raise minimum wage nationally the entitlements would go down. They would have to raise the threshold for the programs because they are still making Minimum wage and are still FUCKING POOR.

So all you're really advocating for is an increase in the number of working poor in the country.

Your advocating for NO JOBS

Ya do know no JOBS = Higher crime rate correct?

Fewer people being taught how to go on Medicaid and Food Stamps...Sounds good to me.

What the fuck you talking about? The stores they were going to open up was around 450 jobs. Where their is no FUCKING jobs.

The three stores that opened up in the D.C. area had like 5,000 applicants for only 300 jobs if memory serves me correctly.

The Walmarts would have closed down other retail outlets losing over 450 jobs, as always happens.

What other retail outlets?

The ones in Maryland? Virginia?

Seriously.

You can't buy a pair of shoes in DC without leaving town?

lol, you're retarded.

In case you were unaware, Walmart instructs their low wage employees how to apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps.
No Walmart jobs = no extra Middle Class Tax Payer money going to support low wage Walmart employees.

Than tough. I don't need a Walmart in my area teaching people how to suck up more of my tax money.

Yea we know that liberals are anti business and rather have them on food stamps voting for democrats.

Also it is a myth if you raise minimum wage nationally the entitlements would go down. They would have to raise the threshold for the programs because they are still making Minimum wage and are still FUCKING POOR.

So all you're really advocating for is an increase in the number of working poor in the country.

I've already proven you're a fucking idiot. Need more proof?

Um....did I miss something or did not Wally World announce the closing of 250 stores? Oh, and nearly 10,000 workers were to lose their jobs? I would have SWORN that I saw that on the local news.......guess my advanced age makes me hard of hearing.....

Oakland minimum wage increase may be behind Walmart closure

Walmart has announced that it will be closing two Bay Area stores as part of a larger closing of 269 stores in the U.S. and South America. The company says either they didn't perform well enough or they didn't fit into long term planning. Customers aren't buying that theory.

Oakland minimum wage increase may be behind Walmart closure

Here's a map of the Walmart closings. Almost all are in the South, which are not high minimum wage states.

Busted! lol

Here’s a list and map of all the Walmart store closings in the US

I know that story dork, they are closing mostly Walmart quick marts small stores.

Fewer people being taught how to go on Medicaid and Food Stamps...Sounds good to me.

The Walmarts would have closed down other retail outlets losing over 450 jobs, as always happens.

What other retail outlets?

The ones in Maryland? Virginia?

Seriously.

You can't buy a pair of shoes in DC without leaving town?

lol, you're retarded.

Well, I can't but I buy mine at Saks and they are in Maryland.

There's a Macy's downtown.

I don't shop there or at WalMart but not everyone can afford Saks.

So if these people don't go to work for Walmart they will magically disappear from Medicaid and SNAP?

Last edited:

They're all going on welfare now, you fucking moron.

Well, without the jobs they are sucking up MY tax money to pay the welfare.

A band-aid is NOT the solution to a failing economic strategy.

A band-aid? How about what we might term -- a start?

Inner city DC is a retail desert. Poor DC-- where the WalMarts were to be located -- is a total desert.

You people simply are ignorant about the conditions in DC.

Describe the current conditions of DC in CONTEXT.
When did this begin and why hasn't the paradigm of poverty prevailed?
And it IS a fact that Walmart is building Super Stores in wealthy areas? Why?
Is Walmart using their economic muscle to try and downgrade more and more of America?

No you prove countless tines that you are the FUCKING idiot, It was the liberals questing the closing of those Oakland stores over the high minimum wage.

So if these people don't go to work for Walmart they will magically disappear from Medicaid and SNAP

So, do you want them working for Walmart and not being able to take care of themselves by applying for Medicaid and SNAP if they are eligible? What kind of liberal are you?

This idiot has brainwashed himself into believe that if you eliminate a low wage job that some high wage job will miraculously appear to takes its place.

So if these people don't go to work for Walmart they will magically disappear from Medicaid and SNAP

So, do you want them working for Walmart and not being able to take care of themselves by applying for Medicaid and SNAP if they are eligible? What kind of liberal are you?

A Conservative teacher...what a paradox.
I live in a Middle to Upper class Town and I's rather have Costco than a Walmart.
I resent human beings having to work for scraps.

And those people what won't be working, how much more will they need in Medicaid and Food Stamps? You really need to think through what you post. Do you think Target pays that much more? If they do maybe that is why their stores are seldom busy.

They're all going on welfare now, you fucking moron.

That doesn't solve the issue of a deteriorating US.

Wouldn't want the Walton BILLIONAIRES to pay a little better pay would we now. I wish the government would take over Wal Mart and deal with this....see how the fucks like that shit. Or just confiscate the Waltons BILLIONS from them....

A Conservative teacher...what a paradox.
I live in a Middle to Upper class Town and I's rather have Costco than a Walmart.
I resent human beings having to work for scraps.

I didn't really know we still had slaves.

No you prove countless tines that you are the FUCKING idiot, It was the liberals questing the closing of those Oakland stores over the high minimum wage.

Are you illiterate?

Almost all of the reported Walmart closings are going to be in the South, the region with the lowest average minimum wage.

Forum List

Back