DC's Minimum Wage Really Does Cost Jobs At Walmart

Fewer people being taught how to go on Medicaid and Food Stamps...Sounds good to me.

What the fuck you talking about? The stores they were going to open up was around 450 jobs. Where their is no FUCKING jobs.

The three stores that opened up in the D.C. area had like 5,000 applicants for only 300 jobs if memory serves me correctly.

In case you were unaware, Walmart instructs their low wage employees how to apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps.
No Walmart jobs = no extra Middle Class Tax Payer money going to support low wage Walmart employees.
Smaller stores with less leeching government power will fill the gap.

So if these people don't go to work for Walmart they will magically disappear from Medicaid and SNAP
Fewer people being taught how to go on Medicaid and Food Stamps...Sounds good to me.

What the fuck you talking about? The stores they were going to open up was around 450 jobs. Where their is no FUCKING jobs.

The three stores that opened up in the D.C. area had like 5,000 applicants for only 300 jobs if memory serves me correctly.

In case you were unaware, Walmart instructs their low wage employees how to apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps.
No Walmart jobs = no extra Middle Class Tax Payer money going to support low wage Walmart employees.

So, do you want them working for Walmart and not being able to take care of themselves by applying for Medicaid and SNAP if they are eligible? What kind of liberal are you?

A Conservative teacher...what a paradox.
I live in a Middle to Upper class Town and I's rather have Costco than a Walmart.
I resent human beings having to work for scraps.

I didn't really know we still had slaves.

Define "slave".

In case you are unaware no small business filled that gap in D.C. you idiot.

Than tough. I don't need a Walmart in my area teaching people how to suck up more of my tax money.

Well, without the jobs they are sucking up MY tax money to pay the welfare.

A band-aid is NOT the solution to a failing economic strategy.

A band-aid? How about what we might term -- a start?

Inner city DC is a retail desert. Poor DC-- where the WalMarts were to be located -- is a total desert.

You people simply are ignorant about the conditions in DC.

Describe the current conditions of DC in CONTEXT.
When did this begin and why hasn't the paradigm of poverty prevailed?
And it IS a fact that Walmart is building Super Stores in wealthy areas? Why?
Is Walmart using their economic muscle to try and downgrade more and more of America?

The current conditions in DC are that there is a permanent poor underclass badly served by liberal politicians who are nothing but welfare baiters. Every single liberal pathology has been tried in DC.

Finally, we got some business-oriented mayors to bring some development and economic investment.

But then, the liberal Council put in all of these rules to discourage economic investment.

So we get nothing and those of us with some means end up supporting the permanent underclass.

So if these people don't go to work for Walmart they will magically disappear from Medicaid and SNAP?

Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

The Walmarts would have closed down other retail outlets losing over 450 jobs, as always happens.

Those damn DC stores have been in the news for the pass 4 years at least and if you botherd to read the link ( which you are to dumb that you won't) They are pissed because they spent 90 million tax dollars for the up grades for additional stores

In case you are unaware no small business filled that gap in D.C. you idiot.

Than tough. I don't need a Walmart in my area teaching people how to suck up more of my tax money.

Inner city DC is a retail desert. Poor DC-- where the WalMarts were to be located -- is a total desert.

Is Walmart using their economic muscle to try and downgrade more and more of America?

Why would you build a store where the minimum wage would make the cost of doing business so expensive that you cannot make a profit?

So if these people don't go to work for Walmart they will magically disappear from Medicaid and SNAP

So, do you want them working for Walmart and not being able to take care of themselves by applying for Medicaid and SNAP if they are eligible? What kind of liberal are you?

This idiot has brainwashed himself into believe that if you eliminate a low wage job that some high wage job will miraculously appear to takes its place.
No...I, the Idiot, am pointing out that I have to subsidize Walmart's pay scale.
YOU are a fucking IDIOT.
Someone's working for Walmart and I have to pay part of their living expenses when the Fucking Greedy Waltons are worth BILLIONS?
YOU are a fucking IDIOT.

Walmart's business plan is Super Walmarts.
I already have 2 within a 15 minute car drive.

Well, in DC we don't.

So? What point are you addressing?

Your point, that more WalMarts are not needed because YOU have some convenient to you.
Nope...Walmart specializes in moving in and driving better paying businesses out of business.

What is it with the fact that you don't understand that where these WalMarts were to be located there were NO other businesses, let alone better paying ones!!!!!!!!!

Why would you build a store where the minimum wage would make the cost of doing business so expensive that you cannot make a profit?

And you're a teacher?
Walmart MAKES even a MINIMUM profit because YOU AND I have to supplement their income.
What the fuck is wrong with you idiots who spit on the permanently poor?

I live in a Middle to Upper class Town and I's rather have Costco than a Walmart.

I didn't really know we still had slaves.

Define "slave".

A person owned by another who is forced to work for them. You know like the democrats used to do to blacks.

So, you would prefer they NOT work at all?

Did you actually think about what you are posting here?

A kindergartner could figure out the flaw in your logic!

This idiot has brainwashed himself into believe that if you eliminate a low wage job that some high wage job will miraculously appear to takes its place.
No...I, the Idiot, am pointing out that I have to subsidize Walmart's pay scale.
YOU are a fucking IDIOT.
Someone's working for Walmart and I have to pay part of their living expenses when the Fucking Greedy Waltons are worth BILLIONS?
YOU are a fucking IDIOT.

So if they aren't working for WalMart you have to subsidize them EVEN MORE. Along with all the other pathologies that go along with having no jobs and no prospects for one.

Well, in DC we don't.

Your point, that more WalMarts are not needed because YOU have some convenient to you.
Nope...Walmart specializes in moving in and driving better paying businesses out of business.

What is it with the fact that you don't understand that where these WalMarts were to be located there were NO other businesses, let alone better paying ones!!!!!!!!!

My Federal Taxes go to subsidize the Waltons.
Fuck the Waltons.
Blame the Waltons for NOT BEING NICE ENOUGH TO PAY THEIR WORKERS ENOUGH TO LIVE IN A SLUM.
Don't get angry at me.

So, you would prefer they NOT work at all?

Did you actually think about what you are posting here?

A kindergartner could figure out the flaw in your logic!

So you think the Walton's are wonderful?

Well, in DC we don't.

That would not be happening in DC since there are no small businesses!

Well, in DC we don't.

That would not be happening in DC since there are no small businesses!

So you LOVE the Waltons?
Because the Waltons are laughing their a$$es off at Liberal fools like you.

Well, in DC we don't.

Fuck the Waltons.
Blame the Waltons for NOT BEING NICE ENOUGH TO PAY THEIR WORKERS ENOUGH TO LIVE IN A SLUM.
Don't het angry at me.

No. I am angry with you liberals who don't get the fact that without employers there are no jobs.

Eventually, with no jobs, you won't even have tax money to redistribute.

Well, in DC we don't.

Fuck the Waltons.
Don't get angry at me.

You want to even attempt to try to explain that? If they do not make a profit, they close the store.

My God, are you even trying to think?

YOU are a fucking IDIOT.
YOU are a fucking IDIOT.

You are not subsidizing any one they pay what the market is, Again like 5,000 people applied for their first 3 stores in the DC area.

The government sets the poverty level if They set it at $50,000 a year would you still insist that company's that pay less then that are ripping The tax payers off?

The Walmarts would have closed down other retail outlets losing over 450 jobs, as always happens.

Those damn DC stores have been in the news for the pass 4 years at least and if you botherd to read the link ( which you are to dumb that you won't) They are pissed because they spent 90 million tax dollars for the up grades for additional stores

"to dumb"

Classic.

Well, in DC we don't.

Really? Is that even true? Where I live WalMart moved in and the retail outlets that moved in after them skyrocketed. We went from having a mall to having several smaller malls. What I have seen Walmart brought progress. The store that they replaced had high prices and poor selections.

I think you are repeating an urban myth. Besides if you want to pay more for stuff there is no one stopping you.

Forum List

Back